2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was waitlisted. Interviewed in November. Not as good as a yes, but still better than a no. Fingers crossed, and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today... interviewed 11/4. Lizzy M 72.8. Still a native son of the great state of Ohio. Anyone know if there's a second look weekend or something? I'm tryna get some free grub.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today... interviewed 11/4. Lizzy M 72.8. Still a native son of the great state of Ohio. Anyone know if there's a second look weekend or something? I'm tryna get some free grub.

Eyyyyyyyyyy congrats mane

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone! Second look has always been late March.

Second look is Saturday, March 25

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 11/30!

Last edited:
Congrats! Interviewed 10/25 but still no word. Maybe next week.

Congrats to everyone who got in this week!

So Toledo is pretty much done sending out IIs? They've already had dates in March filled apparently...

Received the alternate list today, I guess the waiting continues...

Received the alternate list today, I guess the waiting continues...
Sorry to hear that ): can you tell us when you interviewed so we can get a sense for how far along they are with their decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot to mention I withdrew my II here a couple months ago! Received mostly March dates.

Sorry to hear that ): can you tell us when you interviewed so we can get a sense for how far along they are with their decisions?

I don't know if they're going in order. I interviewed in early November and have heard (waitlist) but some people here have said they still haven't and were interviewed before me. And some who interviewed after me heard before I did.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hi all, I was hoping some of you might comment on your MMI experience, anything you'd feel comfortable sharing. On a more specific note, were follow-up questions asked at the MMI stations, was there time for that etc?

Hi all, I was hoping some of you might comment on your MMI experience, anything you'd feel comfortable sharing. On a more specific note, were follow-up questions asked at the MMI stations, was there time for that etc?
The MMI was chill, very relaxed and comfortable environment. I don't remember worrying about time at any of the stations, it all felt very natural. Don't make yourself too nervous, you'll do great!

I don't know if they're going in order. I interviewed in early November and have heard (waitlist) but some people here have said they still haven't and were interviewed before me. And some who interviewed after me heard before I did.

I was just going off the email that was sent a couple weeks ago to us, which said that they're delayed in their decisions process, but that those who interviewed earlier will hear back first. That's interesting to see that they're kind of skipping around a bit. Maybe they meant that they were going to get back to those who interviewed before the new year first before getting into the end of the cycle...honestly idk why I even try to figure this out, this entire admissions process is baffling :shrug:

I was just going off the email that was sent a couple weeks ago to us, which said that they're delayed in their decisions process, but that those who interviewed earlier will hear back first. That's interesting to see that they're kind of skipping around a bit. Maybe they meant that they were going to get back to those who interviewed before the new year first before getting into the end of the cycle...honestly idk why I even try to figure this out, this entire admissions process is baffling :shrug:
I interviewed early and haven't heard back either. Do you think it's possible that not hearing back post-interview=silent rejection?

I interviewed early and haven't heard back either. Do you think it's possible that not hearing back post-interview=silent rejection?

I guess anything is possible but it's my impression that UT gives everyone who interviews some kind of non-silent decision and that they usually do it quickly, but their new admissions system has unexpectedly changed their usual system and sort of extended the timeline compare to previous years.

I think when they said that those who interviewed earlier would hear back first, they meant that more generally than that they would go in order of specific interview dates--more like that people who interviewed in the fall will hear before people who've been interviewing in the new year.

I really think it's just taking them much longer than usual to work through all the files. I also saw people who interviewed after me hear back first, and I too took this to be a bad sign, but then I was accepted! So stay patient (as hard as that is), and hope for good news soon!

Good luck everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all! Could anyone speak to some things about UT that they liked and maybe some of the advantages of attending this med school versus others?

Is anyone else interviewing on 2/6 Monday?

The emails they sent me went straight to my junk box for some reason, so I didn't know about the Greet and Meet until yesterday. Could someone please tell me the time and place?

Thanks!

For the interviews...I watched some MMI videos online, and it seems there will be debates(?) about current medical topics (healthcare reforms, abortion, death penalty, stem cells, etc).

Oh dear, I hope that's not true!

Lolol I gave you your tour :)
Hey, I am an incoming interviewee on Monday (2/6). Could you please tell me when and where the Greet and Meet takes place on Sunday?
Thanks!!

Hi all! Could anyone speak to some things about UT that they liked and maybe some of the advantages of attending this med school versus others?
So I think there are relative unknowns about Toledo that will ultimately be advantageous for your class and beyond. First, the new curriculum is huge. I had only 1 elective 3rd year and 4th year started in July. This will really help with specialty selection and away rotations (if applicable). Second, the affiliation with promedica will allow students to be learners at a much larger hospital (Toledo Hospital). Obviously more patients/different pathology = more learning. Also, promedica is pumping a ton of money into the school and that's never a bad thing.

More generally, I think we do the preclinical education really well, especially anatomy. Maybe it's because I'm going into EM, but I think simulation is the future and our sim center is jaw dropping. If you're into service to underserved populations we have weekly free clinics and migrant worker clinics.

Does Toledo send acceptances via mail as well?

Does anyone know when/how often the committee meets? Trying to get a sense for which weeks I should look forward to long nights of no sleep.

OMG ACCEPTED!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just got the email a few minutes ago.

Interviewed January 20. Omg. omgomgomg. OMG.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed end of November and still haven't heard back... Trying not to overanalyze, but it's tough seeing more acceptances roll out to people who interviewed 2 months after me lol. :(
Not nearly as extreme of a situation as you but I interviewed 1/5 so I'm also feeling the same way after seeing these 1/20 acceptances...

Not nearly as extreme of a situation as you but I interviewed 1/5 so I'm also feeling the same way after seeing these 1/20 acceptances...
What do you think it means that they haven't written back to us? Do they issue waitlists or do they not tell anyone about that until the end?

I have no clue. From what I remember from interview day, they said that everyone would get some sort of an answer and that people shouldn't be left in limbo. I think they just haven't gotten to our file; maybe they have different committee groups meeting at different times. So many maybes!

What do you think it means that they haven't written back to us? Do they issue waitlists or do they not tell anyone about that until the end?
My guess is that it means that for whatever reason, they're still deciding about your application. They do issue both waitlists and rejections, so the fact that you haven't received one of those yet is a good thing. So no news is no news...don't read too much into it. But I definitely sympathize-- waiting is the worst. Good luck!

Ugh same, I wonder if anyone from our days has heard back as well and they're just not on SDN. Well we just have to keep positive and hope for next Wednesday, we can do it!

and CONGRATS to all accepted, seriously that's awesome!

Ugh same, I wonder if anyone from our days has heard back as well and they're just not on SDN. Well we just have to keep positive and hope for next Wednesday, we can do it!

and CONGRATS to all accepted, seriously that's awesome!

Also interviewed on the fifth with no news, have they sent any rejections to anyone yet?

if you've beeen accepted would you mind sharing your stats such as MCAT/GPA/BCPM GPA? only if anyone feels comfortable enough to!

This school was awesome - just interviewed yesterday

Could some people who are getting interview invites post their MCAT scores if you don't mind? Just trying to get a sense of what MCAT scores they are interviewing mostly now.

For anyone that has already interviewed here, were all of the MMI stations ethical situations/ scenarios or were there stations where you talk about yourself and your activities? Thanks in advance.

For anyone that has already interviewed here, were all of the MMI stations ethical situations/ scenarios or were there stations where you talk about yourself and your activities? Thanks in advance.
It was a combination of the two! Some of the prompts asked you to draw from personal experience in your answer and others were somewhat ethical. There isn't really a good way to prepare in my opinion. Honestly (and I know this sounds cliche) but just be yourself. Don't just try to give them the answer that you think they want to hear.

Alternate list today. Interviewed 9/6. Withdrawing however as I am in somewhere I would rather go! Hope it moves up someone else on the list that wants the spot! :)