2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate listed today. Interviewed oct 25

Members don't see this ad.

Long time lurker here! Just got in at 9am today. Interviewed in early October IS
:):):)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/6 and still haven't heard back. I was going to withdraw my application but can't figure out how on the portal?

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question for any current students: Do you know if we can use the same LORs from our application for scholarships? I have two letter writers who have agreed to write one for me but they essentially would like to recycle the LOR that they wrote for my med school application to save time (can't say that I blame them but I also don't want the committee to read the same letters twice and think I was lazy about it...)

Have they sent out waitlists or rejections yet?

Hi All,
Interviewed at UTCOM yesterday. They told us that they are still working on the applicants from the Fall interviews, so hang tight! They are hoping to get the decisions out within the next couple of weeks.

Hi All,
Interviewed at UTCOM yesterday. They told us that they are still working on the applicants from the Fall interviews, so hang tight! They are hoping to get the decisions out within the next couple of weeks.
Lolol I gave you your tour :)

Hey friends! Can anyone comment on how long the interview day lasts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else who interviewed on Nov 30th heard anything back yet??

I have a question for any current students: Do you know if we can use the same LORs from our application for scholarships? I have two letter writers who have agreed to write one for me but they essentially would like to recycle the LOR that they wrote for my med school application to save time (can't say that I blame them but I also don't want the committee to read the same letters twice and think I was lazy about it...)

MS2 here. This is just my personal opinion. I doubt that the people who read your LORs for admission are the same people who read them for scholarships. Even if they are the same people I doubt that they would care if you recycled LORs. Also congrats to everyone who has been accepted! If anybody has any more questions, feel free to ask.

Does any one know how much time Toledo's curriculum allots for Step 1 study time?

Does any one know how much time Toledo's curriculum allots for Step 1 study time?

Right now the our last exam as an M2 is on 4/18 and our 3rd year curriculum begins on 6/19. So you can take Step 1 any time during that break. However, the curriculum is changing starting next fall I believe so this may be irrelevant. The norm for any school will be about 6-8 weeks.

Right now the our last exam as an M2 is on 4/18 and our 3rd year curriculum begins on 6/19. So you can take Step 1 any time during that break. However, the curriculum is changing starting next fall I believe so this may be irrelevant. The norm for any school will be about 6-8 weeks.
IIRC the dedicated time doesn't change they'll just be taking it earlier (lucky).

So from Mid december to end of december they are on break. You get from jan to end of march to take the step. The month of April is a research month but at the interview, they said you could use that for anything if you ask, so theoretically you could take up to 4.5 months to study. This is according to the new curriculum that was displayed on their curricula webinar.

Has everyone who interviewed at least through November heard back yet? I interviewed here recently and they told us we would hear in 2-3 weeks.... Going off the trend so far, it'll be longer probably..

Has everyone who interviewed at least through November heard back yet? I interviewed here recently and they told us we would hear in 2-3 weeks.... Going off the trend so far, it'll be longer probably..

well i interviewed 9/6 and havent heard...

Nooope. Interviewed 11/30.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it will look bad to not attend the Meet and Greet the night before interview day? I'm interviewing on 2/6 and coming from Michigan, and I'm not sure if I will be able to make it, but I'm trying to decide if I should try to work something out so I can be there. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Does anyone know if it will look bad to not attend the Meet and Greet the night before interview day? I'm interviewing on 2/6 and coming from Michigan, and I'm not sure if I will be able to make it, but I'm trying to decide if I should try to work something out so I can be there. Any insight would be much appreciated!
Admissions committees generally have absolutely nothing to do with the mixers hosted before interviews. It's usually hosted by students! I also think med schools are pretty understanding that people are in school and have to travel and what not.

I didn't go and I got in!

Has anyone received an II recently? I'm still waiting. Complete mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone hear anything today? I was under the impression some decisions were supposed to come out but maybe I'm delusional.

Reactions: 1 users
lol interviewed in January. I guess I can really chill then. +pissed+
I interviewed this past Friday and just... ugh. I LOVE this school and I am SO very impatient!

I interviewed this past Friday and just... ugh. I LOVE this school and I am SO very impatient!
UGH me too, I interviewed early January and I loved it so much. It is worth the wait, I just wish I could be more patient :biglove:

UGH me too, I interviewed early January and I loved it so much. It is worth the wait, I just wish I could be more patient :biglove:
Early January you say...just how early? :naughty:
Also, same, I was very impressed with people, facilities, and atmosphere.

Early January you say...just how early? :naughty:
Also, same, I was very impressed with people, facilities, and atmosphere.
1/13, well...I guess that's more like mid Jan, but it sure felt like a lifetime ago

I interviewed this past Friday, too! I had so much fun. "2-3 weeks" (if we're really really really really lucky) can't come fast enough!!!

I interviewed this past Friday, too! I had so much fun. "2-3 weeks" (if we're really really really really lucky) can't come fast enough!!!
Hahaha they told us "3 weeks" in October . . . still haven't heard a word.

Reactions: 4 users
1/13, well...I guess that's more like mid Jan, but it sure felt like a lifetime ago
Ah, I was hoping to have seen you, but I was the 5th. So yeah I can say from personal experience that the 2-3 thing just isn't gonna happen haha!

At this point I'm hoping the delay is because they are planning to send a parade to my house to deliver my decision.
That is the only acceptable way to spend our application money.

It could just be that they're super overwhelmed... They did mention they're interviewing like double the number of people this year due to the change to MMI. They said everyone gets a decision, no matter what it is, so here's to hoping you guys (from back in October and November, eesh) hear back soon :)

Well would you look at that, no parade, but I was accepted today! Interviewed October.

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today as well! Interviewed 11/30. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those who haven't heard yet!

The acceptance was just an email. No phone call, no snail mail.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today as well! Interviewed 11/30. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those who haven't heard yet!

The acceptance was just an email. No phone call, no snail mail.
Did you guys get the email just now or earlier in the day?

Just got the acceptance email at 4:42pm!!! Interviewed 11/2! First acceptance of the cycle and I'm soooo glad cause I'm a reapplicant!!!! I'm gonna be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 12 users