2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my god please write a memoir

To avoid being accused of false advertising, I'd have to call it "The Most Boring Memoir Ever."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont even know if there done with evaluating other apps/post-bacc students yet lol..could be a while still

damn it when I saw the alert I thought you were telling us you got in and I got so excited...
I thought about that after I posted here.. hahaha, my bad!

i dont even know if there done with evaluating other apps/post-bacc students yet lol..could be a while still
If they aren't done with normal apps/post bacc, I will scream (in a dramatic but non-threatening way)

Reactions: 1 user
Long-time listener, first-time caller... I'm accepted at one of my top-choice DO schools and in fine standing for this Fall so I have absolutely no right to complain, but I am also waitlisted at UTCOM which is my first-choice school. I understand that the switch to MMI has caused a lot of delay in their admissions process, but for the sake of planning living arrangements, I hope they soon put an end to the excessive "wait" they've put into this waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Guys I can't feel my face... IM IN!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What does it mean about the successful completion of the UT MSBS degree??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

congratulations guys...havent gotten any news yet...hopefully there still sending out offers

Reactions: 1 users
Well unfortunately, I don't think they tell waitlisted applicants that are not accepted until after orientation begins on July 31st so it could be a while before we all get news.

Don't fret, friends! It took them roughly 10 years to make decisions up to this point, I doubt they're done with the waitlist after one day.

Reactions: 2 users
congratulations guys...havent gotten any news yet...hopefully there still sending out offers

Yeah I am in the same boat as you are. But also it's quite possible that some people they've accepted off the waitlist might decline so hopefully we still have a shot! And congrats to those of you who got in today - proud of you all! ;)

Yeah I am in the same boat as you are. But also it's quite possible that some people they've accepted off the waitlist might decline so hopefully we still have a shot! And congrats to those of you who got in today - proud of you all! ;)

Same here. but glad people got in and they are finally processing!

Has anyone heard any precedent for roughly how many slots in their class they typically fill from the waitlist?

Has anyone heard any precedent for roughly how many slots in their class they typically fill from the waitlist?
I think it can vary from year to year, but it also depends on how many seats are actually open.....i would say roughly 25-30 people in a typical class are waitlisted candidates, but that doesn't mean they dont go down the waitlist a lot...a lot of people, especially at this time of the year, are probably not going to accept those offers...atleast hopefully

By the way, the people who got their acceptance emails yesterday were told that they have until Thursday 6/29 to accept their position, so maybe some more decisions will come out friday!

Reactions: 2 users
By the way, the people who got their acceptance emails yesterday were told that they have until Thursday 6/29 to accept their position, so maybe some more decisions will come out friday!

That is actually very useful for my neuroticism. THANKS!!!

Can I ask why are you so excited to go to this school when you have a spot at a DO school you like? Just curious!

I mean I guess I'll just hold onto the blind hope of being that one person who gets in right before orientation starts? But thank you I need all the rooting I can get!
LOL @ ME 4 MONTHS AGO

Reactions: 3 users
Can I ask why are you so excited to go to this school when you have a spot at a DO school you like? Just curious!
Im sure its the same reason as to why everyone else prefers to go MD over DO

Well I am here to give you all hope. I turned down my seat to go to a DO school. While Toledo seemed like a great school, I could not envision myself there for four long years with my partner and my cat. Good luck to everyone, I wish you all the best.

Well I am here to give you all hope. I turned down my seat to go to a DO school. While Toledo seemed like a great school, I could not envision myself there for four long years with my partner and my cat. Good luck to everyone, I wish you all the best.
I think the person you were wondering about's spouse is in Toledo which is why they really want to attend there over their DO acceptance, so I'm sure it's more than MD vs DO. Which school will you be attending? Congrats and good luck! :)

anybody else that decided to drop their seat at Toledo, feel free to post on here!

I think the person you were wondering about's spouse is in Toledo which is why they really want to attend there over their DO acceptance, so I'm sure it's more than MD vs DO. Which school will you be attending? Congrats and good luck! :)

Correct. My newlywed wife is studying in Toledo and we've long-distance dated for many years, hoping to avoid long-distance marriage, lol. Both schools are great though, and the MD vs. DO stuff doesn't really bother me. I'll bloom where I am planted. :)

Reactions: 3 users
wondering if anyone thinks sending multiple letters of interest/updates could help me get off the waitlist?

My friend called admissions and they told her the waitlist is still moving. I know it's been a little quiet here, but hang in there!

Is there any chance they can give a position type answer? It'd be really nice to know our chances especially if you have to leave a job if you are accepted.

any indication on how fast its moving?
That I don't know, I don't know if she asked. If I had to guess, the big wave was probably when they accepted everyone on Tuesday. They're probably now just sticking people in when people turn down their spots, but that's just my unprofessional guess.

Is there any chance they can give a position type answer? It'd be really nice to know our chances especially if you have to leave a job if you are accepted.
I don't think so, at least according to the alternate list email they sent out in June. You could always call, the worst they can say is that it's not possible.

It's feeling fairly safe to assume that they've called up everyone they plan to. Thoughts?

Does anyone know what time the admissions office closes? I called and was just pushed to the answering machine to leave a message.

Do they usually send emails out between noon and 1? It'd be nice to lower the amount of times that I refresh my email each day...

Hmmm I called the office today and asked if there is a time they will stop processing waitlist. The lady on the phone said likely July 17th. But I wouldn't take this too literally cause by chance if people drop out after I'm fairly certain they will go back to waitlist. Also not sure if this means they still have spots and are sorting through WL. I could be reading too into it.

What number have you guys been calling to talk to the admissions people? Every time I call I just get the answering machine for the admissions office.

What number have you guys been calling to talk to the admissions people? Every time I call I just get the answering machine for the admissions office.
Just the regular admissions office number has been working fine for me, but I suggest calling in the morning rather than the afternoon

So.... are they done here? I've tried calling multiple times and have never gotten past a voicemail. I'm waiting to sign a lease, and I feel like as soon as I sign it and lock myself somewhere else I'll be the miracle person they pull the day before orientation lol

So.... are they done here? I've tried calling multiple times and have never gotten past a voicemail. I'm waiting to sign a lease, and I feel like as soon as I sign it and lock myself somewhere else I'll be the miracle person they pull the day before orientation lol
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Don't lose out on a good apartment or something else on a wing and prayer for Toledo.

I'm sure you have compelling reasons to want to go to UT, but the biggest part is done- you're in somewhere. Run with it and become an awesome doc.

i just called Dr. Yvette Perry a few minutes ago.
.they are sending an email on Monday .she told me that the class of 2017 is almost full .there is a very very small chance that they may accept one or more applicant from the wait list .she told me if I have not been accepted by now , I should work o nmy plan B.

i just called Dr. Yvette Perry a few minutes ago.
.they are sending an email on Monday .she told me that the class of 2017 is almost full .there is a very very small chance that they may accept one or more applicant from the wait list .she told me if I have not been accepted by now , I should work o nmy plan B.

Just got this email this morning. Dr. Perry says in it that they had no waitlist movement last week and there's likely only to be up to 3 more, if any, people accepted off the waitlist before orientation starts on the 31st. Really disappointed I didn't get off the waitlist since I loved the school. Hopefully I have better luck applying next year.