2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes sir...is that normal or what? lol
I don't get how they got so far behind this year. Transitioning to MMIs doesn't seem like enough but what do I know.

Stay strong though. I just looked and I wasn't accepted until June. Life turned out alright.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Who knows
I don't get how they got so far behind this year. Transitioning to MMIs doesn't seem like enough but what do I know.

Stay strong though. I just looked and I wasn't accepted until June. Life turned out alright.

hey guys, try not to worry about the prolonged delay this year. Its out of our control so there's really no use in trying to figure out what exactly is going on. Keep in mind that this crazy wait period doesn't reflect anything on you as an applicant.

I'm rooting for all of you! Stay positive.

Reactions: 4 users
In the email sent recently they said "A portion of candidates not offered initial acceptance are placed on an alternate list." Does anyone know if they are a school that holds a bunch on the waitlist? Trying to get an idea of my chances. Wishing they still informed of tiers. Though I know this year has been different then most for UTCOM admissions with MMIs and being behind.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anybody getting any offers from here lately?

I interviewed late April. 2 weeks ago I received the same email others have gotten apologizing for the delay and saying that they would send out notifications as soon as possible on a rolling basis. I am a bit nervous about the posts on here saying that waitlist acceptances should be out mid-June - it just makes me worry that no news is bad news and that those of us who haven't heard back since our interviews have been silently waitlisted. Still - I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for some good news! And like others have said, hopefully the delay works in our favor.

Edit: Well I guess I jinxed myself because I was waitlisted this morning unfortunately but hoping I still have a good shot at getting in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything recently?
It looks like they're sticking to their mid-june story. I've given myself a rule not to expect anything until next wednesday!

from recent news, looks like we will be waiting until later June for waitlist movement

yea i called them....there still evaluating applications

yea i called them....there still evaluating applications
Well now I'm getting worried since orientation is less than 2 months away...wondering if they even have any spots left in the class
edit: Thanks for making the call!

Last edited:
Well now I'm getting worried since orientation is less than 2 months away...wondering if they even have any spots left in the class
Agreed. Plus it's super frustrating trying to make plans for the year with them pushing back waitlist acceptances so late. Will they be sending another email, do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. Plus it's super frustrating trying to make plans for the year with them pushing back waitlist acceptances so late. Will they be sending another email, do you think?
I hope they will, if only to acknowledge that there is SOME progress on their end. In terms of plans for next year, I've made mine as though I won't be matriculating...filled with lots of camping on Lake Michigan to get super introspective (or fall into a deep depression and just become a hermit, who knows).

Reactions: 4 users
Did they give any indication when they might be done, or just that it would be later than mid-June?
nope, just said late-June...honestly I dont really know when exactly we may be notified, but heres one thing I can tell you.....after waiting so long, i feel like my head is literally going to explode

Reactions: 1 users
Well that's definitely frustrating. And when they say late June, that's probably when they will start to consider sending acceptances. More realistically, we're probably looking at early July. My honest perspective on this is that we should expect that we are not getting in this year and take an acceptance as a pleasant surprise. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Well that's definitely frustrating. And when they say late June, that's probably when they will start to consider sending acceptances. More realistically, we're probably looking at early July. My honest perspective on this is that we should expect that we are not getting in this year and take an acceptance as a pleasant surprise. That's what I'm doing anyway.
They've pulled a lot of people off the waitlist in the past though, right? I wish they were more transparent with what's going on on their end.

dont be too pessimestic lol, they will take people off the waitlist, remember what happened this year with the delay is an anomaly and wont happen again...its just they have to finish the applications before they get to the waitlist

Do we know if they have interviewed more people this year than in the past? Because that would make a lot of sense

Does any one know if they have started to notify alternate list candidates . Do they accept phone calls

Does any one know if they have started to notify alternate list candidates . Do they accept phone calls
I have tried calling them, but it seems like their system is automatically sent to their voicemail at the moment, and I'm too chicken to leave a message...it seems like they haven't gotten to the alternate list yet.

I have tried calling them, but it seems like their system is automatically sent to their voicemail at the moment, and I'm too chicken to leave a message...it seems like they haven't gotten to the alternate list yet.
i called and the same thing , but then the receptionist gave me Dr.P
erry direct line .I did not call ,I am scared to call.

Honestly, they should be expecting calls at this point. Considering it's June 16th and they haven't pulled anyone from the waitlist yet.

(That being said, I was also too chicken to leave a voicemail)

Looks like we've got an entire coop in this thread...

hopefully due to our enduring patience, we will all get off the waitlist soon...they were supposed to finish the post-bacc students this week but that doesn't seem like its happening...plus does anybody think that most people still waiting have let go of toledo now and just cant be bothered with them due to it being pretty late? I mean dont people have to buy apartments and get settled in to other schools that have already accepted them?

hopefully due to our enduring patience, we will all get off the waitlist soon...they were supposed to finish the post-bacc students this week but that doesn't seem like its happening...plus does anybody think that most people still waiting have let go of toledo now and just cant be bothered with them due to it being pretty late? I mean dont people have to buy apartments and get settled in to other schools that have already accepted them?
I am TRULY banking on that, because I have been putting off settling in to an apartment/area that I would not pick over Toledo if given the choice.

I also like to think if they were delayed much longer than expected, they would let the masses know, right? So maybe next week.

I am TRULY banking on that, because I have been putting off settling in to an apartment/area that I would not pick over Toledo if given the choice.

I also like to think if they were delayed much longer than expected, they would let the masses know, right? So maybe next week.
I wish .I have this DO school and sometimes I feel I should just attend DO school and be happy.

We attack at dawn.

I am just commenting because I want to be part of the mutiny. Also I also hope that people are choosing other schools especially if they were equally as torn between em.

Guys I just want all of us to get in and be happy and maybe live on a cloud at the end of a rainbow

I'm rooting for all of you, you got this!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Good advice given to me while I was on a waitlist

Fingers crossed for news this week!

Ok I just called the admissions office and this is what they had to say to me:
1. Not at the waitlist yet!
2. Probably won't get to the waitlist until next week
3. There will be no notifications coming out when they do get to the waitlist
4. They did, however, tell me that they anticipate pulling some people off the waitlist
5. Orientation begins July 31st

Reactions: 5 users
4. They did, however, tell me that they anticipate pulling some people off the waitlist
what was the emphasis on "some" people off the waitlist lol...does that mean a few or a lot?

what was the emphasis on "some" people off the waitlist lol...does that mean a few or a lot?
I mean...I don't know. She wasn't going to give me a specific number or anything, but they're not at the waitlist yet so I don't know...it seems like they're cutting really close to orientation, so I wouldn't expect a lot.

You are my hero, thanks for calling!

Thank you for this update

An old friend of mine apparently said he was very recently accepted although I haven't seen him on the FB page so who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An old friend of mine apparently said he was very recently accepted although I haven't seen him on the FB page so who knows

From the waitlist, or were they FINALLY accepted from the regular pool? Congrats to your friend!!

Wow! As annoying as the waitlist is (and it's pretty annoying if you couldn't tell by all of my whining on this thread), I canNOT imagine having to wait this long for a regular decision!

looks like there finishing up the last few acceptances from the regular pool/post-bac this week, hence why they are saying they are going to look at the waitlist starting next week....the waiting has probably been one of the biggest tests of patience in my life..i had to wait 8 weeks for my decision...plus 6 and counting for waitlist

the waiting has probably been one of the biggest tests of patience in my life..i had to wait 8 weeks for my decision...plus 6 and counting for waitlist

I interviewed in November and was put on the waitlist in January. Plus, the first time I applied to medical school was 21 years ago. So I've made my peace with waiting--another week is nothing at this point. In my experience, the old cliche about good things coming to those who wait often has a lot of truth to it. Holding out some hope that that plays out here, too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed in November and was put on the waitlist in January. Plus, the first time I applied to medical school was 21 years ago. So I've made my peace with waiting--another week is nothing at this point. In my experience, the old cliche about good things coming to those who wait often has a lot of truth to it. Holding out some hope that that plays out here, too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh my god please write a memoir