2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in January and still haven't heard back. All these webinar emails are sufficiently giving me a heart attack each time they pop up in my inbox

Haha, me too!

How come some interviewed in Jan have already received an acceptance email, but some interviewed in Nov are still waiting for a decision? I tried to call the admission office yesterday and earlier this morning, but no one answered...anyone knows what's going on?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, me too!

How come some interviewed in Jan have already received an acceptance email, but some interviewed in Nov are still waiting for a decision? I tried to call the admission office yesterday and earlier this morning, but no one answered...anyone knows what's going on?

This is the question of the century. The admissions office did send out an email awhile ago (early March?) apologizing for delays in decisions because of changes in their admissions processes. So it's highly likely that even if you got through to someone on the phone they would say the same thing. I just think they are a little overwhelmed with the new MMI interview style, but it really could be anything. But fear not, some people that have been on this thread who interviewed in September didn't hear back until Jan/Feb and a few received acceptances, so the long wait isn't necessary a bad indication.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the question of the century. The admissions office did send out an email awhile ago (early March?) apologizing for delays in decisions because of changes in their admissions processes. So it's highly likely that even if you got through to someone on the phone they would say the same thing. I just think they are a little overwhelmed with the new MMI interview style, but it really could be anything. But fear not, some people that have been on this thread who interviewed in September didn't hear back until Jan/Feb and a few received acceptances, so the long wait isn't necessary a bad indication.

...it's just that I didn't do very well on my MCAT, so I'm really nervous right now:arghh:

mcat 507, GPA 3.92, IS
507 is not a terrible MCAT score, fam. You got this! Waiting is tough and can make you doubt yourself, it's just the fears talking. If they didn't like your metrics they wouldn't have invited you to interview in the first place.

507 is not a terrible MCAT score, fam. You got this! Waiting is tough and can make you doubt yourself, it's just the fears talking. If they didn't like your metrics they wouldn't have invited you to interview in the first place.
Thanks, you're too kind:boom:
I honestly think there's nothing really standing out about either my application or interview...Hence the worry.

Wow I got an interview invite today! Definitely wasn't expecting one this late in the cycle but I am very excited to interview here!

Reactions: 5 users

If I had to guess based on posts here and my own experience so far, they are not necessarily going in strict chronological order with their decisions. People who interviewed before me heard after I did and people who interviewed after me heard before I did. Some were accepted, some (like me) waitlisted. So I guess you can't read too much into it.

Plus, in a former professional life, I learned that sometimes trying to rush a decision from someone made it more likely that the decision, though rendered quickly, would be "no." (tl;dr: patience is a virtue. Easier said than done, I know).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my acceptance email WOW!
I'm so happy to be part of Toledo! I hope to see you guys there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED. can't believe it. Interviewed 1/13 but man it was worth the wait :clap:

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED. can't believe it. Interviewed 1/13 but man it was worth the wait :clap:

They sent me some scholarship information...it seems only the new student one actually applies to me. But the deadline is April 1st! there's no way I'll be able to gather all 3 recom letters in time (my professors are notorious for procrastination), so what am I going to do?:( How much is the scholarship anyway?

They sent me some scholarship information...it seems only the new student one actually applies to me. But the deadline is April 1st! there's no way I'll be able to gather all 3 recom letters in time (my professors are notorious for procrastination), so what am I going to do?:( How much is the scholarship anyway?
I was worried about the same thing. I just emailed mine and explained the situation and kindly asked if they would be able to get it done by that day, hopefully it'll work!

The main New Student Scholarship due April 1 does not require letters of rec. There are three specific ones (I don't remember the names) that are the only ones that require letters of rec :)

I was worried about the same thing. I just emailed mine and explained the situation and kindly asked if they would be able to get it done by that day, hopefully it'll work!
Christine just wrote back...she said the new student scholarship doesn't require letters, so don't sweat!

The main New Student Scholarship due April 1 does not require letters of rec. There are three specific ones (I don't remember the names) that are the only ones that require letters of rec :)
I don't know much about medical school scholarships...Do majority of the students receive some type of scholarship? is it normal for med students to pay the entirety of the tuition?

Who here has had the earliest interview and still not heard back

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know when Toledo is done interviewing? I noticed IIs were sent out as recently as last week. I applied to around 20 schools and the only two schools to not give me some sort of response are Toledo and Ohio State (although I know OSU finished interviewing yesterday). Is the silent treatment an Ohio thing (although Case Western did not leave me hanging)?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when Toledo is done interviewing? I noticed IIs were sent out as recently as last week. I applied to around 20 schools and the only two schools to not give me some sort of response are Toledo and Ohio State (although I know OSU finished interviewing yesterday). Is the silent treatment an Ohio thing (although Case Western did not leave me hanging)?

When I got my interview invite last week, the only dates I could choose from were April 25th and April 26th. I have no idea if those are their last dates though. I would say the silent treatment does seem to be an Ohio thing based on my experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how much is the new student scholarship?

The new student scholarship is for multiple scholarships, but I don't know how much each is worth.

The one that i was awarded was for $10,000 but I think that there are some larger ones available as well. Has anyone received any info on when we're receiving our financial aid packages?

Does Toledo have a separate financial aid application other than filing the FAFSA? I know some schools request additional information, but I haven't received a request.

The one that i was awarded was for $10,000 but I think that there are some larger ones available as well. Has anyone received any info on when we're receiving our financial aid packages?
One of the questions is asking you to write personal and professional goals...do I have to be specific about what kind specialty I want to study, like surgery or orthopedics?

One of the questions is asking you to write personal and professional goals...do I have to be specific about what kind specialty I want to study, like surgery or orthopedics?
I was fairly broad. I didn't go into specific specialties at all.

Do any current students on here have any idea how many seats are still open at this point? I've been waitlisted for a while now and wanted to get a rough idea of where I stand.

Do any current students on here have any idea how many seats are still open at this point? I've been waitlisted for a while now and wanted to get a rough idea of where I stand.
There's about 145 people on the Admitted Student Facebook page. However, some of them are current students. Not sure how accurate it is as a metric but it's all I know. Class size is usually around 175.

Does anyone know if there is a deadline for Toledo or med schools in general to communicate interview decisions?

You were already notified that you received a scholarship?

I am on the alternate list, does anyone know if Toledo accepts update letters?

I am on the alternate list, does anyone know if Toledo accepts update letters?

They do, through the portal. I send one after I was placed on the alternate list too. As it's coming to a close do you think it's too much to send a second? Is that just overkill?

Anyone interview 2/6 and heard back yet? I know they said end of march is when we'd hear back from them, but with everything being posted here, I figured it'd be later than that. Just trying to gauge what/when to expect something.

interviewed 2/7 and havent heard anything. when i first called they said hopefully end of march but when i called today they said hopefully end of april

Anyone know when the last interview day is?

That email today apologizing for the wait on decisions was brutal, I thought it was an admissions decision. Started with "on behalf of.." and my heart started racing.

every email I get from them sets off a mini-heart attack.

Financial aid packages are up in case anyone hasn't noticed yet!

They do, through the portal. I send one after I was placed on the alternate list too. As it's coming to a close do you think it's too much to send a second? Is that just overkill?

ADCOM #1 as he pulls up an applicants file: "and here we have @Natibarr's application...good GPA, good MCAT, great EC's, but I'm not sure if it's enough to offer him an acceptance."

ADCOM #2: "He did send an update a month ago."

ADCOM #1: "Very true. Did he say how much he wanted to come here?"

ADCOM #2: "Yes he did"

ADCOM #1: "I like that. I like that a lot. But is it enough?....hmm...."

(Administrative Assistant bursts into the room)

Administrative Assistant: "Sir...we just received another email..."

ADCOM #1, tersely: "...and?"

Administrative Assistant: "He sent another update."

(Gasps around the room followed by a long silence)

ADCOM #1: "....accepted."

Last edited:
Financial aid packages are up in case anyone hasn't noticed yet!

Do you know if this also reflects the decisions from the new medical student scholarships application too?

Do you know if this also reflects the decisions from the new medical student scholarships application too?
From last year's thread, it looked like they awarded scholarships well into July so I'm sure they'll amend it if you're awarded a scholarship later on.

Reactions: 1 users