2016-2017 University of Texas at Austin (Dell) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well that was shocking!! Just got an II about an hour ago! OOS and secondary complete Aug. 26th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got an II! IS!

How long after the 'initial review' email did people start to hear something back?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after the 'initial review' email did people start to hear something back?
I got my secondary invite three weeks after the review email. Then I submitted my secondary another three weeks after that around mid-September.

Literally submitted secondary just now after having received the invite 2 months ago. A combination of writers block/burnout/not wanting to write and a few other things taking priority. Eventually pulled it together and decided to give it a shot if this school wanted to give me a shot. I really do like the school and its ambitious mission.

We'll see how it goes. Not expecting anything in particular, but would love a shot. Guess I'll probably have to accept the price for a late submission of secondary.

I really really really am hoping for an accepstance tomorrow...

Did Dell mention how heavily they would extend pre-match offers? I wasn't sure because of the small class size.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't remember them saying anything about that so I'm not sure what to expect. I wonder how many people would turn them down

30 offers are going out this week!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity where did you get that number?

I called admissions today! Patience is not my strong suit haha. The nice lady on the phone who works in admissions said that they are extending 30 offers throughout this week and the dean will be calling each one individually so it depends on the dean's availability.

Oh 33 are going out? Even better than what she said haha. I just hope somehow I stood out in some way so they just give me an acceptance. Haha it's my top choice and was also my first II soo I'm pretty nervous

II today! Completely shocked - I had emotionally given up on Dell but I'm so excited!

IS, LizzyM~75
Completed: 9/30
Interview date: 12/1

I hope those waiting on acceptances get them soon!

I called admissions today! Patience is not my strong suit haha. The nice lady on the phone who works in admissions said that they are extending 30 offers throughout this week and the dean will be calling each one individually so it depends on the dean's availability.
Do you know if they meant IS only?

Do you know if they meant IS only?

Hmm I'm not sure. The lady just said that around 30 are going to go out this week! If someone else calls, let us know what they say!

No one has heard anything?? The suspense is killing me.

I just called and spoke with Gabby. She said there isn't a specific number of prematch offers given since it is on a rolling basis until February. Said that some offers had already been sent out, but to keep the phone close by considering that offers will be made on an ongoing basis. I hate this waiting game.

My wife wants to tweet at Dean Clay Johnston and say "I am going to have a baby boy any day, we don't have a name yet. Clay could be the winner if you call and offer my husband a spot ..."

Also got an acceptance by phone today!

Got a call from Dean Johnston last night! I'm pretty sure I sounded like an absolute idiot on the phone

OK fml, just got TWO PHONE CALLS FROM AN AUSTIN AREA CODE and my heart was racing and i was so excited and happy and...it was some random automated message. Whyyyyyy

Uh...just got a call from Dell with an INTERVIEW INVITE, freaking out because I'm not only OOS (ties to TX) but I also only received the secondary less than a month ago. Moral of the story: its not over until its over!!

OK fml, just got TWO PHONE CALLS FROM AN AUSTIN AREA CODE and my heart was racing and i was so excited and happy and...it was some random automated message. Whyyyyyy
:confused: Oh man I've been answering so many spam calls too because of this application cycle! Feeling discouraged about this one though because I was super nervous and flustered and feel like I bombed the interviews :(:(

:confused: Oh man I've been answering so many spam calls too because of this application cycle! Feeling discouraged about this one though because I was super nervous and flustered and feel like I bombed the interviews :(:(

Yeah, I feel discouraged even though my interviews went well honestly. Just because they're probably not accepting people out of the 300ish or 400ish people they interviewed. I just know there are so many qualified people out there who probably deserve it just as much as I do. We'll see, I guess. Best of luck to you!

IS or OOS?

In state for me. Got the call around 6:00 pm as well. Just for reference, I am a non-traditional student, with a background in finance. My stats aren't that amazing (LizzyM of 70.5), but I think I just identified and aligned with Dell's mission really well. Now to make the decision between UT Houston and Dell...

Anyone have any comments on how the interview day went?

II today (sort of)! I got a missed call from a 512 number on the 18th, called them back for 3 days with no response, called again today and figured out I had an interview. CHECK YOUR VOICEMAIL, PEOPLE.

II. today. primary submitted 9/9. Secondary received 10/28 completed 11/15. Interview next week. IS

Reactions: 3 users