2016-2017 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just talked to Dean Strother and they have been at 61 offers since June 16th. He says he expects them to still make some sporadic offers until orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just talked to Dean Strother and they have been at 61 offers since June 16th. He says he expects them to still make some sporadic offers until orientation.

I figured that was the case. I'll update if I hear anything.

Reactions: 1 user
I just requested to defer a year, so someone off the waitlist should get some good news :D

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just requested to defer a year, so someone off the waitlist should get some good news :D
If you don't mind me asking , what lead you to that decision?

Edit: One of my classmates got in. 62 people have been accepted off of the wait list.

Last edited:
They did, yup.

Edit: 64 offers have been made.

Last edited:
Hey all 3rd year here, just wondering if anyone has any questions about the med school process. Clerkships/Classes/Materials/Memphis housing/loans and such.

Reactions: 3 users
Any new updates on waitlist? Or has anyone asked anymore specifics on where they are on the list??

Any new updates on waitlist? Or has anyone asked anymore specifics on where they are on the list??
I haven't heard of anyone getting off, but I'll update if I hear anything.

Your best bet to find out info on your individual standing is to contact Nelson Strother. If you meet with him or email him he can advise you further on whether or not you should be working on your new AMCAS.

Have they sent out the letter stating that it's unlikely they'll be able to make an offer yet? I remember getting mine early July last year.

Have they sent out the letter stating that it's unlikely they'll be able to make an offer yet? I remember getting mine early July last year.
Were you in the upper third last year? Because the wait list moves sporadically, they may not send it to those in the upper third.

Were you in the upper third last year? Because the wait list moves sporadically, they may not send it to those in the upper third.

Nope. I was in the bottom third. I was curious about if they sent it to everyone or not.

Nope. I was in the bottom third. I was curious about if they sent it to everyone or not.

I haven't received anything just yet, but I doubt anyone in the upper third will , until class starts.

Also , someone made it in this week, putting the wait list at 65 people being offered admissions thus far.

I just got the phone call today that I was accepted (#66). I'll still update periodically if I hear anything though!

Reactions: 5 users
One more person made it in yesterday (Sunday) which was the day before orientation. That marks 68 Accepted! For future reference: 75 people were accepted last year (2016) and the year before that (2015) 50 people were accepted.