2016-2017 University of South Carolina - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted from the OOS waitlist today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Wait-listed on the 4th and accepted today!

Finally good news!

Good luck to everyone else too I hope y'all get in!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted today from the waitlist. So good movement so far!

CONGRATS!!!!! when did you interview?

First week of March if I remember correctly? March 1st possibly. It was my latest interview but also my strongest because the previous two gave me good practice.

Is everything via email or snail mail? Also, congrats!

First got snail-mail for the wait-list, then e-mail to call Dr. Thornhill the next day, and waiting on the official acceptance letter snail-mail. It's weird but hey I guess that's how they like to do it lol

Does anyone know the chance of getting accepted for OOS top 1/3 waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the chance of getting accepted for OOS top 1/3 waitlist?

Anyone in the top 1/3 is just short of a sure-shot to get in at some point. That goes for all of the schools in SC.

Someone from last year's cycle wasn't notified until 1 week before classes apparently.

Anyone in the top 1/3 is just short of a sure-shot to get in at some point. That goes for all of the schools in SC.

Someone from last year's cycle wasn't notified until 1 week before classes apparently.

So top third of the OOS waitlist has just as good of a shot as IS?

So top third of the OOS waitlist has just as good of a shot as IS?

I wasn't aware of there being two separate wait-lists. I was under the impression everyone is in the same list.

I wasn't aware of there being two separate wait-lists. I was under the impression everyone is in the same list.
That's what I had the impression of, but after reading posts on here, it seemed as though there were two separate lists. Nothing I have received has indicated that though.

Members don't see this ad :)
In a previous year's thread someone who was in the middle third of the waitlist and in state got in before someone who was in the top third and out of state. That's what makes me think there could be two lists

Is this school really difficult to get into as an OOS applicant? I am AA Female with 3.5uw 3.3 science gpa, 499 mcat.

Most schools in this state won't even interview an in state sub 505 MCAT applicant. I met one person who got an interview with an MCAT below that and they were only interviewed at one school. They were not URM (not OOS either) so perhaps that's a silver lining, but their experience was stellar. Vastly beyond most anyone else in the pool for sure.

I would strongly recommend retaking MCAT to get a score 504+ and try for DO.

Ideally get that GPA up too with post bac if you have graduated already.

Accepted from the IS waitlist today! Such a weight off my mind!

No way - that's crazy! Must have been a surprise to them - lol

That's awesome! Were you in the top third?
I was. I didn't actually know that until today though. I never bothered to check because one of my interviews went so poorly that I assumed I was bottom third.

I was. I didn't actually know that until today though. I never bothered to check because one of my interviews went so poorly that I assumed I was bottom third.
How did they contact you that you had been accepted?

Hoping one of you all hears some good news soon because I withdrew my acceptance from here yesterday. Great school, but just not the best choice for me. Good luck guys!

Withdrawing my application here (IS), so hopefully someone will hear some good news soon, good luck everyone!

Just got accepted off of the top third, IS. Good luck to everyone!

Accepted from top 3rd OOS today! Goodluck everyone!

Applied for a scholarship 2 months ago and still haven't heard back. I am so frustrated with this schools lack of communication, unwillingness to help, and attitude when you try to get information. I just withdrew from my IS spot, hope it goes to someone who wants it! Good luck!

If there is anyone here who turned down MUSC prior to April 30th, did you get your deposit back yet? If so, how long did it take. It has been since the beginning of April for me and still nothing.

Accepted today off the middle third of the waitlist!

On another note, isn't attendance mandatory for first years? Then it changes second year?

Accepted today off the middle third of the waitlist!

On another note, isn't attendance mandatory for first years? Then it changes second year?
Congrats, buddy! I'll be seeing you in the fall.

And yes, it is mandatory attendance first year.

Accepted from the OOS waitlist today!! Are there any deadlines that we need to meet prior to matriculation in the fall?

Congrats^! Accepted today off the middle third in-state!

Thankful to say I was accepted today off the "middle of the middle third" of the in-state waitlist!!!

Last edited: