2016-2017 University of South Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The excitement I felt when I saw this thread hit three pages is embarrassing. But cool, UAB movement is good news for us on South's list. Best of luck to everyone in this numbers game. A positive reminder is that a waitlist means the school would like you, you've done it, you've qualified, you're on the right track so keep up the good work and if this is not your year, don't give up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted a few months ago but I'll be withdrawing my acceptance because I'm going somewhere else, so one of y'all will get my seat! On April 30, anyone holding multiple acceptances has to narrow it down to 1, so you'll probably hear back shortly after that date after people withdraw if they're going somewhere else!!

How did you withdraw your application from South? I tried to find it on the Jag platform but can't. Did you just email?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you withdraw your application from South? I tried to find it on the Jag platform but can't. Did you just email?

Congratulations.
You can probably call the admissions office for guidance on how to handle that.

Does anyone know if anyone has been accepted off of the alternate list? I heard that south doesn't accept anyone off the alternate list until after the April 30th deadline. Anyone know if this is true?

Does anyone know if anyone has been accepted off of the alternate list? I heard that south doesn't accept anyone off the alternate list until after the April 30th deadline. Anyone know if this is true?
It is true. They'll probably send a big batch after they know everyone who has multiple acceptances isn't coming.

Hey guys,

For everyone who was accepted, did you get a background check email first before you got the acceptance letter? I'll probably be rapidly updating my email after the 30th if that's the case

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

For everyone who was accepted, did you get a background check email first before you got the acceptance letter? I'll probably be rapidly updating my email after the 30th if that's the case
I got the background check email the day before

Here is the current list based on the comments above. Feel free to update it :)
Accepted into USA:
futuredo2021-withdrew acceptance
jpd1102
WDE_M.D
cookiemonster333 --withdrew acceptance
futuredrmomo<3
Rose95
Uncertain_Heisenberg
Mr.Lahey

Alternate list:
htt1221
B-hammer
PDE_5
butterflyflower94
cat_daddy11
TheStruggleBus

Last edited:
Here is the current list based on the comments above. Feel free to update it :)
Accepted into USA:
futuredo2021
jpd1102
WDE_M.D
futuredrmomo<3
Rose95
Uncertain_Heisenberg
Mr.Lahey

Alternate list:
htt1221
B-hammer
PDE_5
butterflyflower94
cat_daddy11

I also withdrew my acceptance about a week ago!

New MSAR is out, guys. It's got interesting data, the waitlist numbers are still reported as the same if anyone was wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
What were the average stats of accepted people?
They start off by giving you data for accepted students, but they also give you data for matriculants. Matriculant data last year was slightly lower:
10th percentile: 498
25th percentile: 501
50th percentile: 506
75th percentile: 508
90th percentile: 513

Reactions: 2 users
They start off by giving you data for accepted students, but they also give you data for matriculants. Matriculant data last year was slightly lower:
10th percentile: 498
25th percentile: 501
50th percentile: 506
75th percentile: 508
90th percentile: 513

Thanks for sharing the information. I was wondering, are you on the alternate list? (so I can added you to the list here)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the information. I was wondering, are you on the alternate list? (so I can added you to the list here)
Yeah, I am. Waitlisted at UAB too, but I'm on the Second Tier there. I'm hoping for South.

Last edited:
Current list, feel free to update.
Accepted into USA:
jpd1102
WDE_M.D
futuredrmomo<3
Rose95
Uncertain_Heisenberg

Withdrawals:
futuredo2021
cookiemonster333
Mr.Lahey- going to UAB as of 5/2/17

Alternate list:
htt1221
B-hammer
PDE_5
butterflyflower94
cat_daddy11
TheStruggleBus
igarrison93
Futuredoc918

Last edited:
Accepted into USA:
futuredo2021-withdrew acceptance
jpd1102
WDE_M.D
futuredrmomo<3
Rose95
Uncertain_Heisenberg
Mr.Lahey- withdrew acceptance, accepted at UAB

Alternate list:
htt1221
B-hammer
PDE_5
butterflyflower94
cat_daddy11
TheStruggleBus
I'm on the Alt List too

I am on the waitlist as well. Have any of you heard of anybody getting accepted off the waitlist? Any movement at all?

I am on the waitlist as well. Have any of you heard of anybody getting accepted off the waitlist? Any movement at all?
I haven't heard any yet. Looking at last year, the first person to post on SDN an acceptance off the list was May 4, which was the Wednesday following the 30th deadline. That's today. Of course they aren't bound to any rules and deadlines but we should be hearing of movement real soon.

Thanks, I updated the list.

The has been some movement at UAB, maybe USA is waiting on that? Or the letters are in the mail. We will know better soon.

Hey guys. I was accepted off the waitlist today!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted into USA:
Mods4MD - accepted off waiting list 5/4/17 - Call
jpd1102
WDE_M.D
futuredrmomo<3
Rose95
Uncertain_Heisenberg
PDE_5- accepted 5/5/17
nomorewaiting

Withdrawals:
futuredo2021
cookiemonster333

Alternate list:
htt1221
B-hammer
butterflyflower94
cat_daddy11
TheStruggleBus
igarrison93
Futuredoc918

Last edited:
Accepted! Phone call around noon today

To those of you recently accepted off the waitlist, would you mind sharing your stats?

3.2 undergrad GPA at Auburn
3.83 graduate GPA
507 MCAT
Lots of ECs, service, and research

There are 51 people on the incoming M1 Facebook group so there's 23 to go if that means anything

There are 51 people on the incoming M1 Facebook group so there's 23 to go if that means anything
That is assuming all that were accepted have joined the group.

Last edited:
I was accepted last week by phone and want to join the Facebook group. Do you know how I ask to be added?

I was accepted last week by phone and want to join the Facebook group. Do you know how I ask to be added?

I just hit the button to join the group, and someone approved it within the day. I think I went to it from a link in one of the emails they sent me, or you can probably look it up on Facebook.

Based on what I'm hearing, it seems as if they're calling at least one person a day around lunch. I hope we all hear something soon.

Have you heard of people getting in off of the alternate list outside of this thread? If so I wonder how many spots are left

Just declined my acceptance! I wish you all the best :)

Has anyone heard of anybody else getting in? I almost want to call and see if they can tell me how many people have been accepted

A friend of mine got in last week - I don't think she's on here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just got the call from Mark Scott - accepted off the waitlist!

Accepted into USA:
Mods4MD - accepted off waiting list 5/4/17 - Call
jpd1102
WDE_M.D
futuredrmomo<3
Rose95
Uncertain_Heisenberg
PDE_5- accepted 5/5/17
nomorewaiting
htt1221 - accepted 5/18/17
TheStruggleBus accepted 5/15/17

Withdrawals:
futuredo2021
cookiemonster333

Alternate list:
B-hammer
butterflyflower94
cat_daddy11
igarrison93
Futuredoc918

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got in last Monday. I haven't looked at this in a while, sorry for the late update. It seems to be steadily moving