2016-2017 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If people don't mind, would you guys please post your stats if you were rejected, waitlisted or accepted. It would help a lot. Thanks!

Waitlisted. IS. 508/3.92

Anyone have any uplifting stats regarding acceptances from the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
If people don't mind, would you guys please post your stats if you were rejected, waitlisted or accepted. It would help a lot. Thanks!
thanks for sharing. Rejected. 504. gpa 3.5

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we'll get acceptance packets or the facebook page info?

Congrats to those of you accepted! To those of you waitlisted, don't give up hope! The waitlist usually moves a fair amount! I'm a first year on the Tulsa campus. I'll try to check here once a week or so. Feel free to DM me with questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted- OOS, 514, 3.81 (3.78 sGPA). OU was my first interview so I'm pretty stoked

OOS kid here- just declined my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of y'all!

Called this morning and was told no one has been taken off the waitlist. If you call and ask how many have been taken off over the next few weeks, please post on here!

Called this morning and was told no one has been taken off the waitlist. If you call and ask how many have been taken off over the next few weeks, please post on here!
Definitely will do! Did they give you any info about the waitlist process?

Definitely will do! Did they give you any info about the waitlist process?
Not much...I asked when they start seeing movement on the waitlist and he said anywhere from now until July....lol so not much help.

Accepted on 2/2! 32 old MCAT, 511 new MCAT, graduating with an MPH this May

Called the Admin office today and was told 2 people have been taken off the waitlist. Also, they will know sometime next week how many people hold multiple acceptances.

Glad to see FB page up and running! Second look on April fools day!

Anyone feeing brave and calling about the waitlist today?

I actually called on Friday and was told that the number taken off the waitlist was still two. Not brave enough to call again anytime soon, lol.

Did you receive instructions or the official letter? I'm still completely in the dark...

Did you get an E-mail from Dotty Shaw? That has instructions to joining the Facebook page. The page has information regarding second look, financial aid etc I haven't received a letter yet

Did you get an E-mail from Dotty Shaw? That has instructions to joining the Facebook page. The page has information regarding second look, financial aid etc I haven't received a letter yet

No, not yet. That's odd. I might have to email her.

Do you guys know if we can submit an application for the Sooner Heritage Scholarship?

I actually called on Friday and was told that the number taken off the waitlist was still two. Not brave enough to call again anytime soon, lol.

I know you all are anxious about waitlist movement but movement usually trickles until the first week of August. You probably won't see much at this point. Movement can mean anywhere from 20-60 students and it varies year to year. There is mass movement around the deadline at which you can you no longer hold multiple acceptances. They also shorten the list in the summer again to not keep dragging people along. I've also heard stories of people moving to Tulsa for OSU and attending orientation, and then getting the OU acceptance. So while anything can happen, keep hope but prepare for the worst and have other options.

Last edited:
I know you all are anxious about waitlist movement but movement usually trickles until the first week of August. You probably won't see much at this point. Movement can mean anywhere from 20-60 students and it varies year to year. There is mass movement around the deadline at which you can you no longer hold multiple acceptances. They also shorten the list in the summer again to not keep dragging people along. I've also heard stories of people moving to Tulsa for OSU and attending orientation, and then getting the OU acceptance. So while anything can happen, keep hope but prepare for the worst and have other options option.

In my experience, it stops trickling a lot sooner than August. The first part of May is usually when you can expect to see significant movement begin.

Hi all, I don't want to derail this since I know it's mostly for you all to update on application progress so feel free to pm me to anyone with answers to my questions.

I am oos and really want to apply here next cycle. I'm wondering what counts as significant ties to the state and if they expect oos applicants to have stats greater than their average? I've spent time in Oklahoma for most summers of my childhood because I have a bunch of family there that I am really close with. There's no record of that though so I'm not sure how favorably it would be considered.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck with your applications to this awesome school!

Hi all, I don't want to derail this since I know it's mostly for you all to update on application progress so feel free to pm me to anyone with answers to my questions.

I am oos and really want to apply here next cycle. I'm wondering what counts as significant ties to the state and if they expect oos applicants to have stats greater than their average? I've spent time in Oklahoma for most summers of my childhood because I have a bunch of family there that I am really close with. There's no record of that though so I'm not sure how favorably it would be considered.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck with your applications to this awesome school!
I'm sure that counts for Oklahoma ties. Do you still have family here, that would especially help. However, to my knowledge they do want higher stats from oos applicants.

I'm sure that counts for Oklahoma ties. Do you still have family here, that would especially help. However, to my knowledge they do want higher stats from oos applicants.
Thanks for your help! Yes my family still lives there. About half in OKC and half in Tulsa. And I have a 3.8 and 520 so I was just kind of hoping that higher stats were what they were looking for in OOS apps.

That's great news because I would love to be back in Oklahoma and to be at this awesome school. I'm just worried the is bias may be too much to overcome.
Thanks!!

Thanks for your help! Yes my family still lives there. About half in OKC and half in Tulsa. And I have a 3.8 and 520 so I was just kind of hoping that higher stats were what they were looking for in OOS apps.

That's great news because I would love to be back in Oklahoma and to be at this awesome school. I'm just worried the is bias may be too much to overcome.
Thanks!!
Well with a 520 you could go to Baylor so....I think your stats are fine for OU lol.

Current students, how important is it to attend second look day? I have a trip planned, so it would be costly to change plane tickets/ reservations this late. Thanks!

Current students, how important is it to attend second look day? I have a trip planned, so it would be costly to change plane tickets/ reservations this late. Thanks!
It's optional. It's just a fun day to get students to see the school again, with less stress than the interview day, and meet some of the fellow incoming students. It's also meant to be helpful for those who have multiple acceptances and aren't sure where they are going yet. I wouldn't cancel big plans if you have already spent the money.

Not important at all, I would definitely recommend just going on your trip!

Hey guys. I am currently on the waitlist and attended the re-applicant workshop this past week. I was told my MCAT, GPA and Interview scores were all good and I was very close to the stats of the people that got in. Did anyone else go? If so, were you told the same thing? I couldn't tell if I was being told I'm close to keep my hopes up or if i really am near the top. I was told the board member did not know my position on the waitlist but he believed I was close based on scores. What was everyone else told?

Hey guys. I am currently on the waitlist and attended the re-applicant workshop this past week. I was told my MCAT, GPA and Interview scores were all good and I was very close to the stats of the people that got in. Did anyone else go? If so, were you told the same thing? I couldn't tell if I was being told I'm close to keep my hopes up or if i really am near the top. I was told the board member did not know my position on the waitlist but he believed I was close based on scores. What was everyone else told?

I was told the same thing a few years back and got in off the waitlist in early May. They obviously can't guarantee you'll get in, but they're pretty good about not giving you hope unless there's good reason to be hopeful. You likely have a good shot at getting in.

If your board member gave you good news, believe him! My board member last year told me not to rely on the waiting list and low and behold I didn't get in. This year I was waitlisted again, but the board member was very genuine. She said my interviewers were impressed with my progress this past year and were happy with my responses. It was just that my academics are right on the average (3.7ish c, 3.5ish s, 507 MCAT). She said I wasn't number one on the wait list but with my rank I may hear good news from OU within the next month. That being said, they *do* know your rank on the waiting list, but I'm sure it's official policy not to tell you. Be happy! Sounds like your BM tried to give you the "thumbs up" without being too obvious.