2016-2017 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't wait. Just called and number 54 was taken off on the 12th that was the last. "A couple are still holding multiple spots and need to make decisions soon."

Reactions: 1 user
US News and World Report shows the following for last year’s Step scores:

US News: Login page

- You will need a login to use this content premium.

United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
Step 1: Number of students examined 97
Step 1: Average score 239
Step 2 (Clinical Knowledge): Number of students examined 100
Step 2 (Clinical Knowledge): Average score 248

I would say these are very high scores
Besides having very high Step scores has anyone seen the new
Patient-Centered Care Learning Center that will open with this incoming class?

Construction // Patient-Centered Care Learning Center // University of Missouri School of Medicine

FIRST FLOOR

Anatomy Learning Center — including storage space, changing/locker rooms, offices, storage, and mechanical and electrical space

SECOND FLOOR

Main entrance, open lobby, multi-purpose flat-floor auditorium, offices, conference room and storage

THIRD FLOOR

Medical education programs and services

FOURTH FLOOR

Three simulation rooms, staging room for standardized patients, patient-centered care exam rooms, observation and control room and a conference room

FIFTH FLOOR

First-year medical student patient-based learning labs

SIXTH FLOOR

Second-year medical student patient-based learning labs

I couldn't wait. Just called and number 54 was taken off on the 12th that was the last. "A couple are still holding multiple spots and need to make decisions soon."

Thanks for calling, helpful not to have to bother them so frequently haha.

Did Alison mention if this was the typical style of waitlist movement (having this lull after movement day)? Just curious because mizzou went to 60 and 74 the past two years on waitlists.

Construction // Patient-Centered Care Learning Center // University of Missouri School of Medicine

FIRST FLOOR

Anatomy Learning Center — including storage space, changing/locker rooms, offices, storage, and mechanical and electrical space

SECOND FLOOR

Main entrance, open lobby, multi-purpose flat-floor auditorium, offices, conference room and storage

THIRD FLOOR

FOURTH FLOOR

Three simulation rooms, staging room for standardized patients, patient-centered care exam rooms, observation and control room and a conference room

FIFTH FLOOR

SIXTH FLOOR

We toured at Second Look and I thought it was quite impressive.

FIRST FLOOR

SECOND FLOOR

THIRD FLOOR

FOURTH FLOOR

FIFTH FLOOR

SIXTH FLOOR

Saw it at Second Look Day. It was just an empty shell then, but it is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for calling, helpful not to have to bother them so frequently haha.

Did Alison mention if this was the typical style of waitlist movement (having this lull after movement day)? Just curious because mizzou went to 60 and 74 the past two years on waitlists.

She did mention that 4 or 5 people were taken off the list in June and July. Said the last person was called July 21st. Said it was a little bit different of a year but just because of the larger class size. I guess we all just have to keep our fingers crossed a little longer.

FIRST FLOOR

SECOND FLOOR

THIRD FLOOR

FOURTH FLOOR

FIFTH FLOOR

SIXTH FLOOR

It is quite an awesome space (also saw on 2nd look). It will have all new sim equipment, lounges/kitchens on the 5th and 6th floors, an absolute beautiful view of campus, mini-fridges in the PBL labs, showers on first floor for after anatomy lab (or to save on your water bill), and its all key card locked and we get access! Muwhahahaha!!!

FIRST FLOOR

SECOND FLOOR

THIRD FLOOR

FOURTH FLOOR

FIFTH FLOOR

SIXTH FLOOR

Recently graduated fourth year here. They gave us a tour of the new building during graduation week and it is absolutely amazing. I'm very happy they are improving the learning spaces for future classes (but also a little jealous). Good luck to you all!

I just gave my spot up this past week, so good luck to those of you still waiting!

Ouch... UM curators just raised MUSOM tuition 6% :(

"Along with increasing tuition for resident undergraduates on all four campuses by 2.1 percent, the board approved a variety of increases for other classes of students. On the MU campus, the only tuition increases above that rate will be in the School of Medicine, where tuition will increase 6 percent, and non-resident students of the College of Veterinary Medicine, who will pay a new surcharge of $2,500 per semester."

UM curators increase tuition by 2.1 percent

Has anyone called this week to check the waitlist?

Ouch... UM curators just raised MUSOM tuition 6% :(

"Along with increasing tuition for resident undergraduates on all four campuses by 2.1 percent, the board approved a variety of increases for other classes of students. On the MU campus, the only tuition increases above that rate will be in the School of Medicine, where tuition will increase 6 percent, and non-resident students of the College of Veterinary Medicine, who will pay a new surcharge of $2,500 per semester."

UM curators increase tuition by 2.1 percent
A 6 % increase brings the total yearly tuition to $32 K . That is still a great value in terms of what other school's tuitions are. I have seen many others in the 45K plus range. Also, the cost of living is very reasonable vs other locations.

Has anyone received any more scholarship money other than those first ones sent out a while back? Thanks!

nope....do you think there's still a chance we can or no?
I had originally emailed Cheri Marks a while back. She seemed to think more would be distributed throughout the summer. So I guess we will see!

I had originally emailed Cheri Marks a while back. She seemed to think more would be distributed throughout the summer. So I guess we will see!
I hope so man. Also did you get any confirmation from them when you sent your final transcript?