2016-2017 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey but you're accepted and honestly what you said is the best news I have heard all day because we have the same MCAT! I got a 505(#CARS haha) I have a solid GPA 3.98 but I don't think that matters as much as the interview at this point. Congrats again and maybe we will be classmates some day!
Yes! If you get an interview they're not too worried about your numbers...that's the vibe I got. And **** Cars haha....it damn near said I couldn't read with the score I got...

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! If you get an interview they're not too worried about your numbers...that's the vibe I got. And **** Cars haha....it damn near said I couldn't read with the score I got...
Yeah CARs was rough I couldn't even believe it! I had read all my life but I guess never fast enough. Science is where it is at. . . at least for me. I am actually retaking the MCAT in 10 days and I am honestly excited to redeem myself! We'll see maybe I did not need to retake it, but the extra precaution isn't a bad idea!

So just got an email saying our new governor is slashing $20 million from the UM system budget, which includes some for the SOM's class expansion, which we are part of. Was looking at the SOMs website for any details but didn't find.

Did find this however. Which is pretty cool. Glad despite our political leaders MU is still a cool place.

Members don't see this ad :)
So just got an email saying our new governor is slashing $20 million from the UM system budget, which includes some for the SOM's class expansion, which we are part of. Was looking at the SOMs website for any details but didn't find.

Did find this however. Which is pretty cool. Glad despite our political leaders MU is still a cool place.
I assume this will probably affect class size for this year now?

I assume this will probably affect class size for this year now?

I doubt it will affect the number of matriculants. It sounded like it would apply more to the physical expansion of facilities in Columbia and Springfield. I hope they are able to finish the new building at least. Was looking forward to that.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the January status update emails might be going out? I'm thinking this Friday

Does anyone know when the January status update emails might be going out? I'm thinking this Friday
That or Thursday Night because that is when I got my last one. I would love a phone call on Friday from Columbia haha!

Interviewed 1/25
Accepted by phone call 1/26 (last night)
I think that more phone calls/emails will go out today though!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Halloween.. Im thinking that its not good news that I have not heard anything yet.

Has anyone else gotten an email or phone call today? This process is so stressful.

Accepted!! Found out by email around noon today. First acceptance in the process so I'm very excited! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats dude! (or dudette?)

edit: i see you are a dudette. can i ask when you interviewed?

Thanks @vrachy_now ! I interviewed Jan 11th and in my interview day they told us they review applications and send out decisions at the end of each month (accepted/rejected/hold).

My interview day was in November. So don't panick and wait.

From what I understand the majority of acceptances go out in March with 10- 15 being accepted each month before then. That means about 30- 40 acceptances have gone out so far with close to 100 spots remaining. For those of us with status unchanged emails there is still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
From what I understand the majority of acceptances go out in March with 10- 15 being accepted each month before then. That means about 30- 40 acceptances have gone out so far with close to 100 spots remaining. For those of us with status unchanged emails there is still hope!

Still plenty of hope! Though when I interviewed in December (prior to December decision) they said 50 admissions had already been given out. Two more months of early admits later, I'd say anywhere from 70-80 spots are filled atm.

Thanks for the info! I've suffered through two "status unchanged" end of month emails so far...assuming that I won't find out until then end of feb/march whenever they make an alternate list. I've spent half the day surfing through last years thread, this years thread, etc trying to make some "sense" of it all. I need to stop

Story of my life! 2nd status unchanged and just keep surfing these blogs. . . :/ Here's to March!

Yeah, just in totally speculation I would say maybe 20-30 acceptances will go out at the end with the rest being alternates. But still plenty of hope for sure! I hope to be you all classmates next year!
Even being in the top third on the alternate list would be cool (not ideal but cool)! Someday . . . Someday

When I interviewed on January 12th, they stated that there were approximately 55 seats left. So still plenty to give out. And Allison Martin (great person) stated that usually the top third get in. If anyone has questions about the interview let me know! Looking very forward to starting here! Especially with that 40 million dollar expansion/renovation!

Hey there! I was admitted several months ago and I have been on the hunt for a roommate! message me if you are looking for another girl to live with! haha

Hey there! I was admitted several months ago and I have been on the hunt for a roommate! message me if you are looking for another girl to live with! haha
Oh man that sounds awesome!! Unfortunately I'm a guapo man(o) so i dont think you'd be cool with that haha. Do you know of any dudes who got accepted?

Has anyone that was accepted Friday received the acceptance packet yet? Or for those previously accepted, about how long did it take to receive the packet? Thanks!

Has anyone that was accepted Friday received the acceptance packet yet? Or for those previously accepted, about how long did it take to receive the packet? Thanks!

A long time. Like a month for me. Of course I got the email right before Christmas, so the holidays may have played a part in the delay.

Have any accepted students received the Institutional Scholarship Application yet?

Does anyone know if we are status unchanged if we should send our updated transcripts to them

Does anyone know if we are status unchanged if we should send our updated transcripts to them
I would also be interested in this because I had a good semester last semester

Allison martin stated in the interview that there's no updates their accepting now....unfortunatley

I recently joined this thread (didn't know such forums existed until like today - I'm severely lagging :smack: )

Interviewed Oct 17
Accepted Oct 20 - got a phone call from my interviewer and then the acceptance email

Really looking forward to PBL curriculum! Good luck to all :)

Reactions: 3 users
Based on the threads from the previous two years, final decisions have been sent out the last week of February.

Has anyone who interviewed recently heard any updates regarding when we should all hear back with a status, etc.?

Based on the threads from the previous two years, final decisions have been sent out the last week of February.

Has anyone who interviewed recently heard any updates regarding when we should all hear back with a status, etc.?

Friend just interviewed. Next decision February 24th. Final major decision March 10th.

I interviewed December 26th and received my acceptance the same day! They said the adcom meets at the end of every month to discuss acceptances. I would agree with a previous post saying that once you are interviewed your grades and scores don't matter. If you are going to interview just be your best self and be friendly! Good luck!!

Does anyone know how many spots are filled at this point?

I spoke to someone who recently interviewed and they were told only 30 were filled but that seems quite low.

Does anyone know how many spots are filled at this point?

I spoke to someone who recently interviewed and they were told only 30 were filled but that seems quite low.

As of the last decision date, 98 seats were filled.

Accepted!!! Interviewed back in October so do not lose hope!

Reactions: 6 users
Status unchanged, here's to March 10th!

Accepted. Interviewed in early October.

Reactions: 5 users
Question for those who interviewed: do they provide a space for you to leave your luggage during interview day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile