2016-2017 University of Miami (Miller) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed January 23rd for both the MD and MD/MPH program, but I still haven't received a call or email and my status has not been updated for either program. Shouldn't I have at least heard back if I'm on the alternate list? Is it taking this long because I applied to both programs? Was yesterday supposed to be the last meeting for both programs? I tried calling the school but they said I should receive an email when a decision has been made, and didn't give me any more information. If any one has any information on the MD/MPH program please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent out a fresh batch of acceptances to the Facebook page. If you got accepted in the last couple days and haven't gotten one, please personal message me.

For all of you on the waitlist, just from adding people to the FB page, I can already see some people withdrawing, there's still hope.

Reactions: 1 users
I just sent out a fresh batch of acceptances to the Facebook page. If you got accepted in the last couple days and haven't gotten one, please personal message me.

For all of you on the waitlist, just from adding people to the FB page, I can already see some people withdrawing, there's still hope.
I know it's been asked a few times, but will UM continue to send out acceptances every 2 weeks? On The Hub, it has March 15 as the last acceptance date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's been asked a few times, but will UM continue to send out acceptances every 2 weeks? On The Hub, it has March 15 as the last acceptance date.
I'm not sure on the specific date they stop sending out acceptances every two weeks, but after the AAMC traffic deadline, I think they send out acceptances from the waitlist as soon as people withdraw.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? Still under review and just sent an update. Hoping for some love

Interviewed 3/10, from the sound of it they will still be giving out acceptances after 3/15 since they said we would likely hear back around 3/29! Unless we are all going to be alt or rejected....:thinking:

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else who was alt listed get a reply back to the email you sent "accepting" the alt list position?

Thanks for the fast responses guys! I will stop worrying about them not responding. also @Cigar congrats on getting accepted off the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interview on the 27th and haven't heard anything back at all what does this mean for people who this has happened to? People from my date and after were accepted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone else interview on the 27th and haven't heard anything back at all what does this mean for people who this has happened to? People from my date and after were accepted

There were a couple people above that said something similar. Does your portal say final decision or will be reviewed a final time? Either way not much you can do but wait patiently o_O

Your interviewer probably just didn't submit your evaluation in time for the committee selection. I wouldn't worry about it.

I think the last interview day is tomorrow.

Wow my app is still under review. And they sent me the secondary in December so they should've known they wouldn't get around to it. Waste of money

Wow my app is still under review. And they sent me the secondary in December so they should've known they wouldn't get around to it. Waste of money
... some decency ... I will never understand why this system is still in place. It is not fair. All of us and our families and close friends are waiting form something, whatever, that will never come.

Can anyone elaborate a little on the structure of their anatomy lab?

Thanks!

... some decency ... I will never understand why this system is still in place. It is not fair. All of us and our families and close friends are waiting form something, whatever, that will never come.
Is Miami really done with II though? I called about a month ago and they said they interviewed until April and their website states they interview until the end of April.
Don't give up hope ! This is a pretty crappy process but don't ever give up, that's what adcom wants you to do, because then it'll be easier for them and less work. Becoming a doctor what you want and this is what you're going to be one day, and when that day comes it will be all worth it

My secondary was sent/complete in August and I'm STILL "under review."

Post-interview, are the only three outcomes (1) acceptance email, (2) waitlist email, or (3) rejection email? Is there a fourth outcome of complete and utter silence cuz I think I might've gotten that

I am still under review and been complete since August. Are they done with interviews? I have such close ties to the program and don't understand...

Miami is my first choice really hoping for some good news soon! Interviewed at the end of February! Never got any decision at all yet

The link to the accepted students Facebook page is not working for me. Is it because my amcas email and Facebook email are different?

UM matched 41 kids into internal medicine on match day. That is a ton of kids.

how long has it taken people to receive their acceptance letter in the mail? we were told we had to accept our spot to hold our position but i still havent received the letter in the mail

how long has it taken people to receive their acceptance letter in the mail? we were told we had to accept our spot to hold our position but i still havent received the letter in the mail

I accepted my spot by email. Still haven't gotten a letter in the mail.

I haven't gotten an acceptance letter in the mail yet, but responded to accept my spot via email and sent a letter to the admissions office address.

Hey guys,

Quick question. I’m applying next cycle and starting to pre-write secondaries. For the optional essays for UM, I read somewhere that there are specific words limits for each essay? Is this true or do they all have a word limit of 500?

Accepted March 15th
Interview Feb 24th

UM was my undergrad school (idk if this matters)

Reactions: 4 users
Show me some love Miami!! Anxiously waiting...

Reactions: 2 users
Any decisions going out today ?

I called on Monday and was told they'll still be sending out decisions every other Wednesday (today, 2 weeks, 4 weeks) until April 30. Then decisions will be all over the place.

Anybody call to see if they didn't meet yesterday ? Why wouldn't they accept people yesterday ?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They told me on Monday that they'd still be calling every other Wednesday. It is possible that no one from SDN was accepted this week.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They told me on Monday that they'd still be calling every other Wednesday. It is possible that no one from SDN was accepted this week.

It's also possible that the class is full for now