2016-2017 University of Massachussetts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection train as well! Definitely was a reach for me, so I'm not surprised (I had hopes my history with the school would help me out).

Edit: IS application, interviewed late Feb

Members don't see this ad.

Just rejected, IS, interviewed mid January.

Also rejected, interviewed in December. Oh well, going somewhere warm instead

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. IS, interviewed late Jan. this was the last school I was waiting to hear from so it looks like I'll be a reapplicant next year.

Last edited:
Rejected just now, OOS, II Feb 6; maybe hope to see some of ya'll at an interview next year!

Don't I get a rejection too? :meh:

Edit 2 minutes later: there it is!

Anyone else get the impression they oversubscribed the class really early? I legitimately feel like I crushed my interview (1/13) and got waitlisted at some better schools :/

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected IS, II late September. Thankful for opportunities elsewhere, but not surprised as this was my third year interviewing at umass and receiving a flat out rejection.

aaaand rejected! interviewed in Jan. Pro-tip: don't get accepted by your top choice the week of the interview. They'll be able to tell :p

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected just now. Interviewed in September. The dream is over. Good luck to others

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected as well. OOS, interviewed late January. Oh well, the OOS tuition was so too high for me anyway....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected around 1pm. IS LizzyM 74. Thankfully, this break-up is amicable for me......but I'd like to echo others' sentiments in saying that this application process is so strange and unpredictable! Best of luck to everyone, wherever you may end up! :hello:

Rejected. Can't say I'm surprised. I am IS. Got into 2 MMI schools, and know I messed up this one due to anxiety and migraine that day. Very upsetting, but again can't say I'm surprised.

Congrats to those of you who did make it!

So we know that the waitlist for UMass is unranked, but what does that mean? Should we all be spamming them with updates/LOIs? Is the order that they go in completely random? If anyone has any insight it would be great to hear.

Just withdrew. I hope my spot goes to someone here. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have ideas about waitlist movement for in-state applicants?

I was accepted off of the waitlist on Friday, so was my friend. Lizzy M 69-70. II in Nov.

I was accepted off of the waitlist on Friday, so was my friend. Lizzy M 69-70. II in Nov.

Did you receive the email with the financial aid info sheet? If so, was it before or after your acceptance? Thanks for sharing btw, I saw that in previous years it was usually the first Friday that the first wave of WL movement happens so I guess they're being consistent!

I just recieved an invitation to attend the orientation for the UMMS HSPP program. If anyone has done the program previously can you let me know? I would like to ask some questions. Thank you.

IS. Interview - Nov 1st. Waitlist - March 3rd. Haven't heard anything

Anyone hear anything recently or have an inkling about when there might be another wave of waitlist movement?

Anyone hear anything recently or have an inkling about when there might be another wave of waitlist movement?
I thought today would be a big one, but I dont know if anyone's heard yet

I thought today would be a big one, but I dont know if anyone's heard yet
I just got an email about missing financial aid info, but I haven't been accepted...and their website says not to submit until you've been admitted...

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email about missing financial aid info, but I haven't been accepted...and their website says not to submit until you've been admitted...
Same boat as me lol

just got my financial aid award....still waitlisted...the letter ends with "we look forward to seeing you this academic year"
THEY ARE PLAYING WITH MY HEART

Accepted today y'all there is still hope;)!!

Reactions: 2 users
just got my financial aid award....still waitlisted...the letter ends with "we look forward to seeing you this academic year"
THEY ARE PLAYING WITH MY HEART
Accepted offer at another school (icahn) from waitlist. So, withdrawing my acceptance from here. Good luck everyone on waitlist!

does anyone know if you apply md/phd are you considered at the same time for regular MD? Or if you don't get in MD/PhD you get considered for MD after (like in the winter sometime which would be late)? I can't find the info on the website

thanks

I just checked the student center and everything is blank now under "My Application Progress" and just says "Completed" above that whole table, which is not what it used to look like. Hoping this means they made a decision so I can stop worrying about it. I am admitted elsewhere, but would jump ship and go to UMass if they took me now. Anyone in a similar situation?

I just checked the student center and everything is blank now under "My Application Progress" and just says "Completed" above that whole table, which is not what it used to look like. Hoping this means they made a decision so I can stop worrying about it. I am admitted elsewhere, but would jump ship and go to UMass if they took me now. Anyone in a similar situation?
I'm seeing the same thing. Did you also get an email about loan disbursement from UMass? I did but it doesn't make sense because I'm not accepted...

I'm seeing the same thing. Did you also get an email about loan disbursement from UMass? I did but it doesn't make sense because I'm not accepted...

No, but I did have to fill out a financial aid fact sheet and send it in about a month ago.

No, but I did have to fill out a financial aid fact sheet and send it in about a month ago.
I just called admissions, and we don't have information on our portals anymore because the system has reset to the current application season. They let me know that the situation is the same as far as being waitlisted, unless we hear from admissions, and it's just not available on the portal anymore.

Has anyone on the WL received a rejection yet? Anyone still holding out hope for an acceptance?