2016-2017 University of Massachussetts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FWIW I got waitlisted earlier this week and the email said the class is full
can you post the email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where admitted students are supposed to send their transcripts to?

By the way, do any accepted students know when Second Look day is this year?

Anyone still have hope with post II silence?

I wouldn't give up hope if I were you! I was feeling the same way, with silence after my September interview, but I just heard back Monday that I've been waitlisted. And there should be at least some waitlist movement in the coming months! I hope that you get a response soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Are they done with acceptance spots? Is it just wait list from now on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/19, still have not heard anything

Are they done with acceptance spots? Is it just wait list from now on?

It's hard to say. I know someone who interviewed in February who heard back with an acceptance a couple of weeks ago. But that student is a bit of a rock star so...

And on here someone mentioned the waitlist email indicating the class is full... but who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

WLed today at 12. 11/7 interview. Lizzy M 69-70. email said WL is not ranked.

Has anyone else still not heard back after a September interview? This wait is really making me crazy. I sent an update and a letter of intent, but still nothing :(. I don't know whether I should just be patient or continue to send stuff or call.

Has anyone else still not heard back after a September interview? This wait is really making me crazy. I sent an update and a letter of intent, but still nothing :(. I don't know whether I should just be patient or continue to send stuff or call.

Same here, September interview. I called for an update and all they said was they would email me when a decision was made :(

40 people just dropped out of Umass medical school facebook page. Hoping for some movement soon >.<

Reactions: 1 users
40 people just dropped out of Umass medical school facebook page. Hoping for some movement soon >.<
you mean the class of 2021 group? it still says its at 171..

Last week it was 200+ I believe

Last week it was 200+ I believe
Really? Hate to say I think it has been around the ~160ish range for the past week or so. Yes, I'm neurotic and have been checking regularly.

People are definitely being added periodically so I'm assuming decisions are going out, just not to anyone who posts on here...

WLed about a week ago, completed early August and interviewed 2/27. LizzyM 83ish (but terrible ECs and incorrectly done letters of rec). Withdrew my name and will be attending my state school, good luck to everyone else!

WLed yesterday! Interviewed late September, LizzyM 70ish

Reactions: 2 users
Any rejections here? Post interview?

Any rejections here? Post interview?

Rejected post-II here. I'm pretty sure I must have blacked out and gone on a racist tirade in one of the MMI stations or something.

Rejected post-II here. I'm pretty sure I must have blacked out and gone on a racist tirade in one of the MMI stations or something.

Sorry to hear, did you hear back today// is my post-II rejection coming? :(

Only after refreshing this thread for the ~1000th time today did I notice Massachusetts is spelled wrong... :dead:

Reactions: 11 users
Got waitlisted today... I took my name off the list. Hopefully that opens up a spot for someone who hasn't heard yet!

Wish we all knew what UMass is up to... it's gonna be April 30 pretty soon

Reactions: 6 users
nope.. but i feel like there's gonna be a wave soon... **anxiety**

Agreed I think we'll all have answers in the next 72 hours or so...

Also rejected by email this morning - IS, Lizzy 74, and interviewed in December so I guess I must really, really suck at MMI or something? I'm already set to go someplace else and probably wouldn't have picked UMass even if I eventually got in, but it still stings to get flat out rejected from my state school and not even waitlisted.

Man this process is so random. Congrats to everyone who got in/is attending and good luck to those of you still waiting to hear!