2016-2017 University of Kentucky Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a "Screening hold" email.

LizzyM 71% OOS. No real ties to the state so I kind of expected that lol. Shame though, Kentucky is cool.
Did you apply to Texas?

Members don't see this ad.

@doyouhaveaflag

Does anyone know if the post-interview statuses reveal anything?

Mine has been "Admissions Committee Review Completed" for 2-2.5 weeks, maybe longer, don't know. I interviewed on Aug 23rd.

I cant believe they already know my decision and I have to wait THREE WEEKS to find out. AHhhhhh

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^i can tell you that it is probably good news for you. I'm a reapplicant and mine never reached that status last year

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

^i can tell you that it is probably good news for you. I'm a reapplicant and mine never reached that status last year

I'm so hopeful that it does but at the same time I know it's just speculation until Oct 15th. It's just harder knowing they're done looking at my app completely, yet I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Ahhh why couldn't it be more like DO?!

Praying for good news for everyone here

@doyouhaveaflag

Does anyone know if the post-interview statuses reveal anything?

Mine has been "Admissions Committee Review Completed" for 2-2.5 weeks, maybe longer, don't know. I interviewed on Aug 23rd.

I cant believe they already know my decision and I have to wait THREE WEEKS to find out. AHhhhhh
Sorry, I have no insight here. I interviewed after Oct. 15th the year I was accepted, so I got the call about a week later.

I know the wait must be really difficult. Every other applicant who has interviewed at any med school this summer is in the same boat, so you're in good company. Maybe try to keep busy to distract yourself? It'll be good practice for a couple years from now when you'll be waiting for your step 1 score :) I hope we hear good news from you in a few weeks!

Recently interviewed here. Really disappointed by it. One interviewer was incredibly rude/hostile so that didn't help either. :/

What were you disappointed by? And was your interviewer trying to do a stress-type interview?

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. Keep your chin up. Stay positive!

Recently interviewed here. Really disappointed by it. One interviewer was incredibly rude/hostile so that didn't help either. :/
I'm disappointed you had such a bad experience! Our adcom usually prides itself on how laidback interview day is, and people's positive experiences are usually one of the top reasons they cite for deciding to come here. If you had a hostile interview, that's unacceptable and you should let them know. If you prefer not to because you're worried about it affecting your chances, feel free to PM me about it. I'm not on the adcom, but I know the students who are.

ahh the portal says they've made their decision on my app. Can't wait until Oct 15th. GO BIG BLUE.

Reactions: 2 users
II! Just scheduled it for the first week of February, as this was the first date available. Do you think I will be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Just scheduled it for the first week of February, as this was the first date available. Do you think I will be interviewing for a waitlist spot?
Based on previous years threads, yes. I believe they had their class filled by Decemberish (just off the top of my head).

Interview Invitation!!

Super excited to be interviewing here! But very sad that I had to schedule in February.

Keep an eye on the interview schedule for those of you scheduled for February. Especially after the acceptances start rolling out. I'm sure people will cancel earlier interviews and all you have to do is cancel your reservation and re-reserve at the new date

Keep an eye on the interview schedule for those of you scheduled for February. Especially after the acceptances start rolling out. I'm sure people will cancel earlier interviews and all you have to do is cancel your reservation and re-reserve at the new date

Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take for IS applicants to get the secondary? I know applied a little late in the cycle, but it's been about a month since they got my primary and I haven't heard anything.

How long does it take for IS applicants to get the secondary? I know applied a little late in the cycle, but it's been about a month since they got my primary and I haven't heard anything.
That seems unusually long, but it's been a while since I applied. Are you sure you're complete? What does your portal status say?

Email them! I had to email them to get my secondary because they were having problems with getting emails through to hotmail.

Have any RD applicants had a status change? My status still says "Interview Complete" and I interviewed late August. Maybe I'm reading into this too much though :)

Have any RD applicants had a status change? My status still says "Interview Complete" and I interviewed late August. Maybe I'm reading into this too much though :)

Mine says "Admissions Committee Review Complete". Also a mid-late August interview. Ahh, we will find out so soon! Fingers crossed for you :)

Mine says "Admissions Committee Review Complete". Also a mid-late August interview. Ahh, we will find out so soon! Fingers crossed for you :)

Good luck! I just had my interview there and absolutely loved the school!

Has anyone else's portal changed and does anyone know when the committee meets to review files?

Has anyone else's portal changed and does anyone know when the committee meets to review files?

My status still says "interviews completed". I interviewed September 10. Getting nervous, pretty sure they meet on Thursdays based on previous threads.

My status still says "interviews completed". I interviewed September 10. Getting nervous, pretty sure they meet on Thursdays based on previous threads.
I interviewed that day too and mine still says "interviews completed"

interviewed 9/20 and my portal updated to "review complete" today and I'm trembling with excitement/anxiety for monday. This is my top choice and all i can do is pray that this is good news

Good luck to everyone who finds out Monday!!!!

interviewed 9/20 and my portal updated to "review complete" today and I'm trembling with excitement/anxiety for monday. This is my top choice and all i can do is pray that this is good news
I interviewed 9/10 and status is still interviews completed... :/

I got the call this morning :) I'm gonna a be a doctor :)

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed 9/20 and status still says interview(s) completed. Is this a bad sign?

Anyone know what number we are supposed to call tomorrow? I know technically our interviewers would call us, but they did say we could call them.

Seriously so hopeful for all of y'all :happy:

it's the admissions office number. you can find it somewhere on med.uky.edu

Holy smokes. Just woke up to the call right now. Oh my god. I'm going to be a doctor.

They said that they are trying to send out the acceptances early this morning, so hopefully others will hear early too! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED AND IM TREMBLING WITH EXCITEMENT

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone getting acceptances! UK was my first acceptance three years ago, and I remember so well the feeling of getting that call. So exciting!

Last edited:
Wanted to add my application story here as I'm watching the thread for a friend who is currently awaiting his acceptance status! I remember the anxiety I felt with all the waiting!

I applied two years ago and was a slightly below average in state student. I interviewed on August 26th and on October 15 found out I was on hold. (No decision made) was told that I'd receive another review of my application at the end of interview cycle. Around March I was told I was on the waitlist. Gave up hope of going to UK and got prepared to go to Louisville where I was accepted early on. May 9th, graduated day, I found out i was admitted to UK.

Don't be alarmed if you don't get in right away! It happens to tons of people! Congrats to those of you who are already admitted. Hope to see you next fall!

Does UK Send an email along with the phone call and paper mail?

Wanted to add my application story here as I'm watching the thread for a friend who is currently awaiting his acceptance status! I remember the anxiety I felt with all the waiting!

I applied two years ago and was a slightly below average in state student. I interviewed on August 26th and on October 15 found out I was on hold. (No decision made) was told that I'd receive another review of my application at the end of interview cycle. Around March I was told I was on the waitlist. Gave up hope of going to UK and got prepared to go to Louisville where I was accepted early on. May 9th, graduated day, I found out i was admitted to UK.

Don't be alarmed if you don't get in right away! It happens to tons of people! Congrats to those of you who are already admitted. Hope to see you next fall!

What does being on hold mean? Does that mean they will re-review you in December, or does that mean they just don't have a decision for you yet? Congrats to everyone who got in!

If I haven't gotten a call yet and interviewed early in the cycle, is that a bad sign?