2016-2017 University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do I have a shot here as a UF undergrad with a 3.98 GPA & 505 MCAT. Good ECs and LORs I believe. Please let me know opinions! I would love to continue to be a gator:)

No way to find out unless you try! Your MCAT is probably the only thing that might hold you back but as a Florida resident with great other attributes I can't see why you shouldn't try!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No way to find out unless you try! Your MCAT is probably the only thing that might hold you back but as a Florida resident with great other attributes I can't see why you shouldn't try!

I completed my secondary! Waiting to see if I can get an interview!

How long does it take to receive the secondary? I updated my already verified AMCAS to include UF around two weeks ago and still haven't received the secondary. Should I call them?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to receive the secondary? I updated my already verified AMCAS to include UF around two weeks ago and still haven't received the secondary. Should I call them?

I got it immediately so I would check your spam folder and call up there!

For those of you who have interviewed at UF this cycle, what was the format of the interview? Were there any specific questions they asked? Was it a Q & A type format, or more conversational? Just wanted to get a sense of what the interview is like so that I can prepare! Thanks!

For those of you who have interviewed at UF this cycle, what was the format of the interview? Were there any specific questions they asked? Was it a Q & A type format, or more conversational? Just wanted to get a sense of what the interview is like so that I can prepare! Thanks!

You have two, hour-ish long interview sessions either with two faculty members or one faculty and one M4 student. It is open file so that have all the info on your activities and such. My experience was that it was very conversational. "Tell me more about ....". They want to see that you are who you said you were on paper; elaborate on the experiences that you listed when prompted. I had a few questions that were aside from things on my application but everything was targeted at seeing who you are as a person and if you will make a good fit for the university.
Everyone kept telling me to relax on interview day and that it was supposed to be a low stress situation. I wish I had believed them right away as it really was very relaxed and fun!

Oh wow, that's great! I know UF said Oct 17th for sure; however, which ones said Oct 15th, if you don't mind me asking?
Really? During my interview day I thought they said the 15th? Although TBH I was pretty nervous for my afternoon interviews so I may have misheard.

I feel like they were saying Oct 15th before they knew it was a Saturday. Not sure though!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Really? During my interview day I thought they said the 15th? Although TBH I was pretty nervous for my afternoon interviews so I may have misheard.

LOL, I was just talking to someone else about this and realized that UF might have said it will still be the 15th. After a while, everything gets all jumbled up o_O Lol. Well I'm waiting for Oct 17th just in case :happy:

3-5 Days left y'all

Reactions: 3 users
How do we check our application status? Does anyone have a link?

I may be really out of the loop here, but what is happening Oct 15th/17th..? Lol is that when UF is sending out their first batch of acceptances or something?

I may be really out of the loop here, but what is happening Oct 15th/17th..? Lol is that when UF is sending out their first batch of acceptances or something?

It's the first day allowed by AAMC that schools can begin notifying applicants of acceptances. October 15th falls on a Saturday, so most schools will send them Monday, the 17th.

Heard that some other schools accidentally released acceptances early today through their portals. Any chance of UF doing this?

Our admissions office said they would be releasing them on the 17th and not 15th!

Wish I had checked this thread earlier to dispel rumors.

Reactions: 2 users
Best of luck to everyone waiting on news from here tomorrow. The long and grueling wait is almost over!

Does anyone know what time they'll be releasing the acceptances today?

Does anyone know what time they'll be releasing the acceptances today?

On my interview day it was mentioned to be patient. They said they would get them out before they left the office for the evening, even if that was past 6.

Just talked to the people in the office. They send out the emails one by one on an individual basis, so as acceptances roll in don't get discouraged! Sounded like they were just getting started on sending out acceptances. I got mine late in the day and was a panicking the whole time.

They will let you know as soon as they can.

Your interviewer may or may not call you, but everyone will get an email.

Reactions: 5 users
Just talked to the people in the office. They send out the emails one by one on an individual basis, so as acceptances roll in don't get discouraged! Sounded like they were just getting started on sending out acceptances. I got mine late in the day and was a panicking the whole time.

They will let you know as soon as they can.

Your interviewer may or may not call you, but everyone will get an email.

Holy beans they send out emails one by one???? That's some dedication!

This is like waiting for MCAT scores all over again... Good luck to everyone who is waiting today

Reactions: 4 users
Got an email from UF....Freaked out aaaaaaaaanddddd
It was our weekly newspaper :smack:

interviewer just called - accepted! huge relief after getting 2 waitlists today. 9/16 interview, in state

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!! Just got emails from both my interviewers <3 Go Gata!!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Received emails from my interviewers. Sounds like they're getting a list of acceptees and have a chance to personally congratulate them before official emails go out.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Received emails from my interviewers. Sounds like they're getting a list of acceptees and have a chance to personally congratulate them before official emails go out.

Dang I hope my interviewers aren't too busy today

Dang I hope my interviewers aren't too busy today

Yeah at this point I'm just praying that they're such busy people that they haven't had a chance to email me yet.

EDIT: Nope, waitlisted. Better than a rejection, at least.

Last edited:
Yeah at this point I'm just praying that they're such busy people that they haven't had a chance to email me yet.

EDIT: Nope, waitlisted. Better than a rejection, at least.

Did they email you?

ACCEPTED via phone call from my interviewers around 2:30 today! Beyond thrilled!!!! Have not received the "official" acceptance email yet? Has anyone else gotten it?

EDIT: Just received around 6pm today =]]]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted via phone call from my interviewer earlier in the day and just received the email! Beyond excited!!
Congrats to everyone else who was accepted today as well :)

Waitlisted....I guess I'll have to wait til May for them to reject me

Accepted!! Both interviewers called me and seemed genuinely excited for me.

And @Doggo, keep your head up. I have 3 friends who got in off wait list past 2 years. Keep your head up and I'm sure you will get in another place soon to alleviate that stress. Best of luck!!

Anybody going to make a Class of 2021 fb page? :cat:

The admissions office will be making your page soon and the classes ahead of you will join in to offer advice and answer questions!

So excited for the new round of potential future gator docs, congrats those that got acceptances!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to everyone accepted! I'm hoping they'll send out more interview invites today after they're done accepting, rejecting and wait-listing people.

Accepted OOS yesterday via phone call around 2:30 pm, and received an email around 6 pm!! So excited!!!