2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the process for withdrawing acceptance from CU Med? Do I just email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the process for withdrawing acceptance from CU Med? Do I just email?
Just send an email to the admin office. I never received a confirmation email but I called and verified I was removed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. It was a hard email to send but I hope it goes to one of you!!

For all those lurkers on this site...
Everyone has to drop those multiple offers today.!!!
Woohoo!!!:zip:<--- (this guy is ****ing epic)

That means good news for many of us still waiting.

I am very very very hopeful. :) #FingersCrossed

For all those lurkers on this site...
Everyone has to drop those multiple offers today.!!!
Woohoo!!!:zip:<--- (this guy is ****ing epic)

That means good news for many of us still waiting.

I am very very very hopeful. :) #FingersCrossed
*Drops all offers except Colorado*

<3

*Drops all offers except Colorado*

<3

efroo.JPG

Fingers crossed a call or two goes out this week!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm just gonna point out that the Facebook group is down 7 people. :)
#NotTrollingEverythingColoradoSOM.. #JKIam
I never joined the Facebook group and I withdrew, so that's at least 8 people. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
*compulsively answering all calls from Denver area codes even though I know they're telemarketers who have learned I only pick up for Denver area codes*

Reactions: 3 users
I'm just gonna point out that the Facebook group is down 7 people. :)
#NotTrollingEverythingColoradoSOM.. #JKIam

So I'm not the only one that checks that group five times a day??

Has anyone here done sufficient research/stalking into how many people from the top third of the waitlist actually get off?

I've been looking for the same information. All I can find is that in the past 5 years there were 3 years where the entire top tier waitlist was offered positions. I heard that from an admissions committee member. I do not know the waitlist total size or how many received offers on those other two years.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been looking for the same information. All I can find is that in the past 5 years there were 3 years where the entire top tier waitlist was offered positions. I heard that from an admissions committee member. I do not know the waitlist total size or how many received offers on those other two years.

Well those seem like pretty good odds

Does anyone have a direct phone number or email address for Dr. Zehnder? They keep wanting me to leave a message for her but I'm overseas so she can't exactly call me back

Does anyone have a direct phone number or email address for Dr. Zehnder? They keep wanting me to leave a message for her but I'm overseas so she can't exactly call me back
firstname.lastname @ucdenver.edu

Does anyone know how many people are in each tier of the waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
Do incoming MS1s have to take a drug test? Can anyone clarify whether drug tests are required of students across the four years?

Last edited:
Do incoming MS1s have to take a drug test? Can anyone clarify whether drug tests are required of students across the four years?
There's a drug test? What's a good score for that? Does Kaplan have a program for that?

Hahah, sorry don't know, but I'm sure there are ethics guidelines around it.

There's a drug test? What's a good score for that? Does Kaplan have a program for that?

Hahah, sorry don't know, but I'm sure there are ethics guidelines around it.

Lol

For anyone interested, I found out there may be drug testing based on clinical site during medical school, but a pre-matriculation test is not required.

Last edited:
Still no waitlist movement?

Based on last year, there wasn't movement until the 2nd to last week in May and early June... so to keep our sanity I think we should be expecting to hear sometime next week or the week after that

On last years thread the first person that posted about waitlist movement was in the middle of May. Not sure why there seems to be a delay.

Based on last year, there wasn't movement until the 2nd to last week in May and early June... so to keep our sanity I think we should be expecting to hear sometime next week or the week after that

Beat me to it!

Was told by someone in admissions today that they haven't pulled anyone off the alternate list and they don't know "if or when" they will

Was told by someone in admissions today that they haven't pulled anyone off the alternate list and they don't know "if or when" they will

That "if" scares the hell out of me. Hopefully they were just trying to be as noncommittal as possible. Did you just call and ask the admissions office?

Since I last posted, there have been new acceptances at: CO, WUSTL, OHSU, MUSC, Temple, UCI, Wayne, Northstate, Case, Hofstra, UCD, Cincinnati, VCU, NYU, Meharry and FIU.
There was a lot of movement at: Cornell, USF, and a boatload at SUNY Brooklyn.

Unless I'm wrong, @gyngyn says he/she saw a new acceptance at Colorado since may 3rd...

Hopefully, you just chatted with a not-so-happy admissions rep?

Edit: this is obv assuming that they pulled this acceptance from alternate list and didn't just wait until may 3rd or later to notify...

Thanks so much for the info!

Does anyone have insight into why they can't give us more details? I'm sure there must be some reason for it but I just can't figure it out... I would feel better about everything if I just knew why we can't know if there are even any spots that opened up. It's hard investing myself fully in applying again without knowing anything about what's going on.

giphy.gif

Anyone else going to spend the whole week like this? +pity++pissed+:beat: hahahahahah! !!

Reactions: 6 users
Do you guys think it'll be this week or next before there's any movement

Heard through the grapevine that there has been waitlist movement this week

I really thought more of us would hear something today

I really thought more of us would hear something today

The day's not over, nor is the week! I feel awful, but we have to keep hope. Do you know what day he/she heard?

The day's not over, nor is the week! I feel awful, but we have to keep hope. Do you know what day he/she heard?

Sometime early this week or late last week

And that the calls have gone out? Or that they will go out?

Gyngyn did report seeing WL movement at CO this week on the Not Accepted thread, so it looks like there has been some movement.

Edit for clarity.

Here is to a couple of SDN'ers hearing today!

Reactions: 4 users