2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Middle third waitlist, OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the million dollar question (for me) is how much movement occurs on the HP waitlist? I remember them talking about it at the interview but I can't recall what was said.
From my notes on interview day, Mr Dickerson said historically everybody from top 1/3 gets accepted and half of the middle third gets accepted. Bottom third is a very low chance.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, been looking around and found this thread, so thought I'd jump in now.

Interviewed 10/30/16, TTWL as of yesterday. I don't know what OOS means. The wording of the waitlist email was somewhat equivocal as to whether they require a response to stay on the wait list or only if you want off of it. Anyone else feel that way? And if there's anyone who has an idea about wait list mobility... I'd name my first kid after you. The wording of the email was... tentatively promising.

mathpics-joke-meme-humor-funny-mathjoke-mathmeme-haha-pun-dog-homework-confused-cute.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, been looking around and found this thread, so thought I'd jump in now.

Interviewed 10/30/16, TTWL as of yesterday. I don't know what OOS means. The wording of the waitlist email was somewhat equivocal as to whether they require a response to stay on the wait list or only if you want off of it. Anyone else feel that way? And if there's anyone who has an idea about wait list mobility... I'd name my first kid after you. The wording of the email was... tentatively promising.

mathpics-joke-meme-humor-funny-mathjoke-mathmeme-haha-pun-dog-homework-confused-cute.jpg

OOS is shorthand for out of state. In the past CU has moved through the entire top tier of the waitlist. I also thought the email was extremely unclear. Most waitlist movement generally occurs after April 30th when you can't hold multiple acceptances. I have also heard from someone at CU that they have had more more applicants indicate that they will attend CU this year than in years past. So, there may be less waitlist movement this year but that is purely speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I will corroborate what was said earlier about waitlist movement based on the tier system. Here is a snap of my notes from interview day.

Edit adding:
TT---------MT-----------LT
(most)----(a little)----(rarely used)

Their second look day is April 7 so hopefully that means we can start hearing back sooner than later.

Attachments

• IMG_2536.JPG
    IMG_2536.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for asking the same question. Should one not reply to the email to stay on the waitlist?

Sorry for asking the same question. Should one not reply to the email to stay on the waitlist?

I would absolutely email to confirm your position on the waitlist. There's a line in the email "We need to have your acknowledgement that you would like to be on our alternate list."

I agree the wording after that is confusing, and I called to clarify. The lady at admissions who answered acted like I was asking her the dumbest question of all time-

"If we do not hear from you by April 7, 2017, we will maintain your name from the alternate list. "

Whatever "maintain your name" means.

Either this person has a different waitlist email than I do, or there is a lack of integrity invading this thread.

The email never states "We need to have your acknowledgement that you would like to be on our alternate list." The 3rd paragraph of the email is such: "Candidates for admission may be selected at any time up to and including the end of the first week of classes (August 14, 2017). Please reply to this email within the next seven days if you do NOT wish to be placed on our alternate list. Also, continue to report any address, phone or email changes to AMCAS, as we download these changes for purposes of communication. If we do not hear from you by April 7, 2017, you will remain on the alternate list. "

Meaning if you want to be on the alternate DO NOT do anything. They also do no state they will maintain your name from the list. If you wish to stay on the alternate list do not reply to the email. And if you did already and said something like "I want to confirm my spot on the alternate list" I bet you're okay because they realized you read it wrong, but it would be safe to call in just to confirm. I can post the full email I received if there are still doubts about the wording. Honestly, a little disappointed in some of the malicious guidance given out. Hotzy21 either has a completely different email than I do, or they are deliberately misquoting the email to try and create waitlist movement.

Edit:formatting

We definitely got different emails then.

That's quite the jump to accuse me of purposely supplying fraudulent information. If you would like me to post full text of my email I will.

What tier were you? Mine was top tier.

I literally copied and pasted out of my email.

I would absolutely email to confirm your position on the waitlist. There's a line in the email "We need to have your acknowledgement that you would like to be on our alternate list."

I agree the wording after that is confusing, and I called to clarify. The lady at admissions who answered acted like I was asking her the dumbest question of all time-

"If we do not hear from you by April 7, 2017, we will maintain your name from the alternate list. "

Whatever "maintain your name" means.

Thanks everyone for the input on this. Was there a portion in bold asking one to reply to the mail only if you wanted off the waitlist? I wouldnt want anyone to reply and end up opting out of the waitlist by accident.

EDIT: Ok didnt see the last posts. Sorry I know the answer is clear to everyone but me now, so it should be do not reply correct? Everyone here is cool, just different emails sent, it happens. You guys are awesome!

Last edited:
How many of you are still waiting to hear? I interviewed on 2/3 and still haven't heard anything. Everyone I know who interviewed at CU has heard already, and it looks like everyone who as called admissions was told we would hear by the end of this week.

How many of you are still waiting to hear? I interviewed on 2/3 and still haven't heard anything. Everyone I know who interviewed at CU has heard already, and it looks like everyone who as called admissions was told we would hear by the end of this week.
+1

+1, interviewed in December for MSTP

I also interviewed 2/3 and am still waiting to hear anything.

Does anyone know if they sent any acceptances out this last week?

I interviewed 12/16 and still have not heard anything. I emailed them earlier and they told me that everyone would hear by the end of the month...

has anyone who interviewed in February received an acceptance?

Financial aid packages out yet? o_O 90K a yr is cray, but great school.

Just called and I was told that since I didn't get an email last week, I will hear back by the end of this week. She also said that they still have offers to hand out.

The accepted total just went up to 270, although the date still hasn't been updated.

I was very excited to be on the HPWL, but looking at the accepted totals and last years thread, I don't think being high-priority really means I'm likely to get in.

Reactions: 1 users
The accepted total just went up to 270, although the date still hasn't been updated.

I was very excited to be on the HPWL, but looking at the accepted totals and last years thread, I don't think being high-priority really means I'm likely to get in.

That's a bummer, I really wish a current medical student would give some feedback here. :(
That said, the wait list is still hot out of the oven and I have no doubt some people will say no to it, others will withdraw from their offer closer to the April 30 deadline and so I'm not gonna think about this too much.

upload_2017-4-3_16-53-4.png

Well, I'm declining my acceptance here. Being OOS, it was just a tad too difficult to swallow that outrageous cost with my IS being a good school at half the price. I hope my spot goes to one of you!

For those who got rejected last week, when did you interview? Any February interviews?

I interviewed in October. Kind of bummed out, Colorado is a great school with a beautiful campus and amazing student body. Best of luck to all those still in the running !

Well, I'm declining my acceptance here. Being OOS, it was just a tad too difficult to swallow that outrageous cost with my IS being a good school at half the price. I hope my spot goes to one of you!

Did you get accepted recently?

ohh, thanks! Just curious to find out if you already declined or are planning to in the upcoming weeks?
I gotta get myself feeling better, like viscerally better, and believing there's plenty of wait-list movement to come.

To everyone who received an email about the High Priority wait list, I know there was some confusion with the wording of the email regarding whether or not to respond if you wanted to stay on the wait list.
I called Monday and I was informed to give a response one way or another, so I did.

My question is, what did you all do?

To everyone who received an email about the High Priority wait list, I know there was some confusion with the wording of the email regarding whether or not to respond if you wanted to stay on the wait list.
I called Monday and I was informed to give a response one way or another, so I did.

I emailed confirming my spot on the high priority waitlist.

Has anyone heard anything, y'all are stressing me out

Just called and was informed that the committee has made all decisions, but that the final notifications will be sent out "hopefully next week" and that "the timing of the letter isn't indicative of if it's a yes or no" :(

Just called and was informed that the committee has made all decisions, but that the final notifications will be sent out "hopefully next week" and that "the timing of the letter isn't indicative of if it's a yes or no" :(
What? I'm confused. Can you please explain in more detail? Are they not making calls but instead sending out letters now? Are the letters going to everyone, regardless of acceptance, rejection, waitlist? Either way it sounds like calls are not going out today? :( :( :( I interviewed mid Feb and have not heard anything yet.

What? I'm confused. Can you please explain in more detail? Are they not making calls but instead sending out letters now? Are the letters going to everyone, regardless of acceptance, rejection, waitlist? Either way it sounds like calls are not going out today? :( :( :( I interviewed mid Feb and have not heard anything yet.
I called and asked when they would be notifying applicants who had not yet heard and she said that "letters" would be going out "hopefully next week" and that timing was not indicative of "a yes or no." To be honest I also found this very confusing as others had been told we would hear back by the end of this week and I thought they called for acceptances. I also interviewed in February. She did say I should feel free to call again next week to check in, but I got the impression that we would NOT be notified today. She did not however say directly that no one would hear today.

The staff there are really nice, just incase something were to come up just kindly contact them, they will help you out. After I asked them they let me know that NOT replying would keep me on the waitlist, just incase now anyone is wondering.

Finally received a "top priority alternative list" notification earlier this afternoon. Interviewed mid-February. I'm curious to see if any there are any more acceptances in store for those still waiting for an answer. Best of luck to everyone!

I emailed confirming my spot on the high priority waitlist.

To those who emailed about the HPWL, whether to confirm a spot or say you want to be removed, did anyone receive an email in response?

Called again w/r/t financial aid/scholarships.

The MD admissions office told me they're trying to get scholarships out by the end of the week, as well as opening up a new round of scholarships incoming students can apply for. I was told that financial aid is 'working' on aid packages right now.

When I spoke to financial aid, they said that they were hoping to have everything out by June. When I explained that I'd like to have the package before the April 30th deadline, the person I spoke to seemed confused and just said that packages would be out as soon as possible and that grants are dependent upon med school funding. Didn't really push it more than that.

I also received a top priority alternate list notification on Monday. Interviewed mid Feb. Has anyone from Feb or late Jan interview date received an acceptance yet?

I also received a top priority alternate list notification on Monday. Interviewed mid Feb. Has anyone from Feb or late Jan interview date received an acceptance yet?

No one has responded on here about feb interviews, and I haven't heard anything about anyone getting in. If anyone has other information though, feel free to contradict me. I do know that jan interviewees have gotten in! they heard about 2 weeks into feb.

Interviewed 1st week of Feb. HPWL. IS, LM ~69. Trying to gauge chances of acceptance so spouse can start applying for jobs if we have to move OOS. Guessing I'm not the only one - I know it's tough, hang in everybody!

Anyone else getting an error when trying to sign into student site?