2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has CU sent out any post interview rejections/waitlist appointments?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has CU sent out any post interview rejections/waitlist appointments?

I don't think they have sent out any rejections. I know they haven't sent out the waitlist. The usually send out waitlist notifications close to March 31st. I don't expect we will hear much until closer to end of next week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No acceptances have been reported on SDN since 2/24. The admissions tracker was last updated on 2/9 with 205 acceptances. The class size is 184.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called earlier and they said waitlists/rejections should be out within the next few days. They weren't any more specific than that so I'm assuming around next Friday as well.

Reactions: 2 users
I called earlier and they said waitlists/rejections should be out within the next few days. They weren't any more specific than that so I'm assuming around next Friday as well.

I'm assuming acceptances should be announced around next Friday as well then, correct?

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic but I think outright acceptances might be done.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic but I think outright acceptances might be done.

I was told a week ago not to just assume it would be waitlist or rejection by admissions. I guess she was saying there are still spots to fill. Hope that helps!

I was told a week ago not to just assume it would be waitlist or rejection by admissions. I guess she was saying there are still spots to fill. Hope that helps!

That's great to hear. Hopefully the waiting will be done soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm assuming acceptances should be announced around next Friday as well then, correct?
I didn't ask about acceptances but I would think they would release those either before or at the same time as the waitlist/rejections.

Updated Feb. 6, 2017

• Applications: 7,057
  • Secondary Applications: 4,787
  • Interview Offers: 706
  • Acceptance Offers: 250

Did they just update "acceptance offers", or did I miss this previously?

Updated Feb. 6, 2017

• Applications: 7,057
  • Secondary Applications: 4,787
  • Interview Offers: 706
  • Acceptance Offers: 250

Did they just update "acceptance offers", or did I miss this previously?

Nope that definitely used to be 205... Damn...

Nope that definitely used to be 205... Damn...

I don't understand, didn't it say 205 and Feb 6th still? Seemed as if they only changed the acceptance offers but not the updated date

I don't understand, didn't it say 205 and Feb 6th still? Seemed as if they only changed the acceptance offers but not the updated date

Yup.
ImageUploadedBySDN1490417681.287709.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that it could be by the end of the week but basically no guarantees

I was told that it could be by the end of the week but basically no guarantees

No guarantees? Both times I've called they've told me definitively by the end of the week

No guarantees? Both times I've called they've told me definitively by the end of the week
Yeah I was told it should be by then, but there are other factors that could delay it. I regret calling, it left me more confused than before!

For those of us accepted, I was told today to expect financial aid packages in 'a couple of weeks.'

Reactions: 4 users
For those of us still in limbo: I called just now, and while they didn't give me any real information about whether there are any acceptances left (she said there could be), she did say that everyone should be notified by the end of THIS WEEK.

Also, if anyone who interviewed in February has heard anything one way or the other, could you post? (she also wouldn't say if any of them have heard...)

For those of us still in limbo: I called just now, and while they didn't give me any real information about whether there are any acceptances left (she said there could be), she did say that everyone should be notified by the end of THIS WEEK.

Also, if anyone who interviewed in February has heard anything one way or the other, could you post? (she also wouldn't say if any of them have heard...)

I was told the same thing. What I think happened is when they updated the admissions tracker, the 45 additional acceptances are the ones they will send out by the end of this week. I interviewed on 2/10 and haven't heard anything. Good luck!

I was told the same thing. What I think happened is when they updated the admissions tracker, the 45 additional acceptances are the ones they will send out by the end of this week. I interviewed on 2/10 and haven't heard anything. Good luck!

Oh man I hope so... It would be a real bummer if no one who interviewed in february got accepted because too many acceptances were confirmed or whatever. I guess I'll just wait with a knot in my chest for 3 more days

I'm just worried that the additional 45 acceptances were the ones they sent out at the end of February for all of the January people :depressed:

Wonder if today is gonna be the day or if we will have to wait until the very end of the week..

Wonder if today is gonna be the day or if we will have to wait until the very end of the week..

If I've noticed any trend throughout all of this, I would bet that we have to wait until tomorrow. Haha

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone who interviewed before February still waiting to hear back?

top-tier alternate list. oos. interviewed 2/3

Is the top tier alternate list the same as high priority wait list or different?

+1 IS. email wording is confusing though: Candidates for admission may be selected at any time up to and including the end of the first week of classes (August 14, 2017). We need to have your acknowledgement that you would like to be on our alternate list. Please reply to this email within the next seven days if you do not wish to be placed on our alternate list. Also, continue to report any address, phone or email changes to AMCAS, as we download these changes for purposes of communication. If we do not hear from you by April 7, 2017, we will maintain your name from the alternate list.

we don't need to contact them if we want to be on the list right? Or what does 'we will maintain your name from the alternate list' mean?

This does not look good. I think they send acceptances before top tier waitlist which is before mid tier which is before low tier. Assuming there are no more acceptances and not being on top tier email list looks like I'm out of luck. I hope I'm wrong but I bet I'm not.

Did anyone get rejected today/did anyone get rejected previously or do they waitlist everyone?

This does not look good. I think they send acceptances before top tier waitlist which is before mid tier which is before low tier. Assuming there are no more acceptances and not being on top tier email list looks like I'm out of luck. I hope I'm wrong but I bet I'm not.

Are you just guessing, or do you have reason to believe this is how it works? Acceptances all go out as phone calls, so I could see them being made separately from emails.
I interviewed in January and have not received a waitlist email, or any other notification - assume this means I'm either rejected or accepted, unless the waitlist tiers all go out separately.

Are you just guessing, or do you have reason to believe this is how it works? Acceptances all go out as phone calls, so I could see them being made separately from emails.
I interviewed in January and have not received a waitlist email, or any other notification - assume this means I'm either rejected or accepted, unless the waitlist tiers all go out separately.
A couple of things. I don't mean to scare anyone and don't have any inside knowledge other than what Mr. Dickerson said on my int. day which was that accepted hear before waitlisted + rejected. However, he did say we should hear in 2-3 weeks and that clearly didn't happen. Looking through last year's thread it appears that the waitlist notifications weren't staggered (some got TTWL after MTWL etc), but acceptance calls did go out before waitlist emails that day (03/31/2016). I'm just a little pessimistic...There is a chance they call for acceptances after but I really doubt it.

A couple of things. I don't mean to scare anyone and don't have any inside knowledge other than what Mr. Dickerson said on my int. day which was that accepted hear before waitlisted + rejected. However, he did say we should hear in 2-3 weeks and that clearly didn't happen. Looking through last year's thread it appears that the waitlist notifications weren't staggered (some got TTWL after MTWL etc), but acceptance calls did go out before waitlist emails that day (03/31/2016). I'm just a little pessimistic...There is a chance they call for acceptances after but I really doubt it.

I am also pessimistic about my own chances, but you are just guessing how things work. Relax a bit.

So the million dollar question (for me) is how much movement occurs on the HP waitlist? I remember them talking about it at the interview but I can't recall what was said.

Bottom third waitlist. OOS