2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just called the admissions office. It looks like they are having problems with their system. They said letters will be out in the next couple of days and not to worry. Not that it will stop anybody from hitting refresh every few minutes but I thought I would share. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I could be confusing schools, but I believe that the admissions people told us at my interview that the committee meets to make decisions every other Friday. A wave of acceptances went out last Friday afternoon, so I am not expecting any more until next Friday afternoon. Part of me was still really hoping for today though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed 2/3 heard back?

I don't think so. Based on previous posts, it seems like they stopped part of the way through 1/20 interviewees last week. Haven't seen any Feb decisions yet.

Accepted people: how long has it been taking to get residency decisions/information back?

Has anyone received the pre-req email that they said we would be receiving during interview day?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
54021357.jpg

This is our life every single morning. hahahaa....... :(

Reactions: 2 users
so... I haven't heard anything since applying in July. I still haven't been rejected - are they done interviewing? Why not just reject us by now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope they start releasing decisions soon. The wait is killing me!

Rejected as well. Honestly kind of glad, since their OOS tuition is so high and they don't allow you to get IS tuition after the first year

Anyone else having trouble getting a response from the SOM email? I've sent two emails over the past couple months with no response.....

I'm an applicant who interviewed 2/10. Called today and asked if there was an update on when we can expect to hear back - was told we'd hear back by the end of the month. Slightly frustrated considering they told us we'd hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm an applicant who interviewed 2/10. Called today and asked if there was an update on when we can expect to hear back - was told we'd hear back by the end of the month. Slightly frustrated considering they told us we'd hear back within 2 weeks.

I interviewed 2/3 and they told us committee met on the 17th and we would hear the next week. Nothing so far. Match just happened, so they've likely been busy. All we can do is wait. Take heart - you aren't alone.

I interviewed 2/3 and they told us committee met on the 17th and we would hear the next week. Nothing so far. Match just happened, so they've likely been busy. All we can do is wait. Take heart - you aren't alone.

Thank you for this reply. I wish I had the same patience as you my friend :)
How many spots do you think we are competing for? As of now the tracker says 205 acceptances. With a class size of ~18- I'd assume they accept 1.5x the desired class size. 1.5 * 180 = 270. These are all uneducated speculations..

Last edited:
Thank you for this reply. I wish I had the same patience as you my friend :)
How many spots do you think we are competing for? As of now the tracker says 205 acceptances. With a class size of ~18- I'd assume they accept 1.5x the desired class size. 1.5 * 180 = 270. These are all uneducated speculations..

A friend who works with admissions said that they originally intended to hand out~285 (about the same as last year), but have been getting higher than usual acceptances of their offers. Likely some of the delay is due to them trying to re-adjust their estimates on how many offers they can give to meet their 18- class size without going over.

A friend who works with admissions said that they originally intended to hand out~285 (about the same as last year), but have been getting higher than usual acceptances of their offers. Likely some of the delay is due to them trying to re-adjust their estimates on how many offers they can give to meet their 18- class size without going over.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insider info! I keep sitting here trying to make calculations of how many people they interviewed since their update + how many more offers they can make to calculate my chances but in the end it won't change a thing. I truly fell in love with this school when visiting despite the outrageous OOS cost.

I'm IS with no MD acceptances yet. Trying not to be heartsick yet. Thank you so much @rebelhoward for this info.

Don't most people hold onto multiple acceptances at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't most people hold onto multiple acceptances at this point?

Maybe it's because the multiple acceptance report shows that more of the people they accepted only have one acceptance compared to previous years.

Maybe it's because the multiple acceptance report shows that more of the people they accepted only have one acceptance compared to previous years.

I suspect that there might be a misunderstanding somewhere. It seems more likely that they need to curtail the number of acceptances they offer because they have offered more than expected at this point, rather than more people accepting than expected. I imagine that at this point, 100 percent (or close to it) of people who are offered acceptance take it.

If you're correct in that they met on the 17th, then they met today again as well. Here's to hoping some people hear back!

I'm tired of looking at page 13... haha..up next...page 14 :) ......

Any ideas as to what day of the week we'll likely hear from them on? I am stuck with believing that it'll be a Friday/Monday, but it could be any day now, correct?

Last edited:
I couldn't take it so I called and asked when we could expect to hear anything. I was just told by the end of this month. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Now I'm all curious what was said

Last edited:
Sorry! I asked about when we we get award packages but then I checked online and it said mid-april. I couldn't figure out how to delete my post lol. My bad!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an email regarding the UCD Student Access Portal, a student ID number, or email account?

Has anyone received an email regarding the UCD Student Access Portal, a student ID number, or email account?

Nothing here. Emailed them a couple times over the past few months and haven't been able to get a response about any of these items.

Nothing here. Emailed them a couple times over the past few months and haven't been able to get a response about any of these items.

I'm kind of surprised that accepted students aren't getting more love!

I'm kind of surprised that accepted students aren't getting more love!

Well I know they're down an admissions person (usually 5 and one person took a different job) so that's probably adding to things being slower than expected.

Anyone who submitted scholarship applications know when we will hear back? Does anyone know if they give scholarships automatically and, if so, when?

I'm kind of surprised with the lack of communication, too. I received a financial aid notification, confirmation of second look day, second wave of scholarship applications, and plenty of contact from another school I'm looking at. I emailed here and they said they couldn't find my accepted student paperwork, and I didn't receive any sort of confirmation about signing up for second look day or anything.

I'm kind of surprised with the lack of communication, too. I received a financial aid notification, confirmation of second look day, second wave of scholarship applications, and plenty of contact from another school I'm looking at. I emailed here and they said they couldn't find my accepted student paperwork, and I didn't receive any sort of confirmation about signing up for second look day or anything.

I am kind of in a similar boat. I received an acceptance phone call a few years back and yet to receive any email or mail, although my portal has updated... Did something similar happen to anyone. Can I call and ask them to send me an email?

***Edit lol, I meant weeks. my bad.

Last edited: