2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can assure you that they might. They also might not though, kind of a catch-22.

Lmao. that's not a catch-22 Gurby. That is literally the definition of a possibility.

Members don't see this ad.

do we think that they're gonna accept more people this round than they have been on the previous decision dates?? :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that they are pretty good with being faithful to their release dates. Will say that if you're on the west coast -- watch out for a 7 am call .

Reactions: 1 user
do we think that they're gonna accept more people this round than they have been on the previous decision dates?? :xf:

I think they're being pretty conservative with acceptances. They majorly over accepted last year, so I think they're gonna be pretty waitlist-happy this year.

What time do we think they'll release decisions tomorrow?

I just want my scrubs D:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that they are pretty good with being faithful to their release dates. Will say that if you're on the west coast -- watch out for a 7 am call .

^I second this. I got the call at 8am while I was still in bed back in December, and had to answer the phone with a crusty dry-mouth croak of a hello. Don't be like me!! wake up early!!

Reactions: 1 users
Well does anyone know when the continued emails are sent out? I I'd prefer to get that email early in the morning instead of getting Ghosted all day then crying myself to sleep at 12:01 Am March 2nd. Either way I'd just like to know.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back tomorrow!! :)

Well does anyone know when the continued emails are sent out? I I'd prefer to get that email early in the morning instead of getting Ghosted all day then crying myself to sleep at 12:01 Am March 2nd. Either way I'd just like to know.

I got a continued email around 6:30 (eastern) for the December round

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Unforturnately, the continued emails have been released after 5:00 PM EST in both October and December. Thus, I'm preparing for a lovely day of anxiety-induced nausea.

Unforturnately, the continued emails have been released after 5:00 PM EST in both October and December. Thus, I'm preparing for a lovely day of anxiety-induced nausea.

At least Chicago does it all in one day. Some of these places will really drag it out.

At least Chicago does it all in one day. Some of these places will really drag it out.

Yeah NYU called people over the course of three days... then waitlisted/rejected people on the last day only. It was brutal

Sadly they seem to come at the end of the day, that's when I got mine.

We're also getting waitlisted tomorrow if we're not accepted right?

Sadly they seem to come at the end of the day, that's when I got mine.

We're also getting waitlisted tomorrow if we're not accepted right?

Yep, there's a chance to be continued again. Per my last continued email, "Applicants from the pool of continued candidates may receive a final decision on our third acceptance date for the cycle (March 1) or at any point thereafter."

Time to turn those ringers up

Good luck to all, you have all worked hard and I hope you get that call today. ❤ I want that call as much as you do. Stay positive !

Got the call earlier. Accepted with scholarship!

Reactions: 5 users
this thread is unsettlingly quiet. when do the last calls go out?

how is it that only two ppl on sdn got a phone call......why is this thread so quiet

It's possible they gave out a lot of acceptances on the previous dates and this one will just be light

It's possible they gave out a lot of acceptances on the previous dates and this one will just be light

If I remember correctly, they said they give out equal numbers of acceptances on each of the three dates. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking :rofl:

Not to add to the stress but I got the call close to 9 PM CST back in December.

Reactions: 4 users
no continued email here. is that good news or does it mean waitlist? i'm still unclear about the distinction between the two

I haven't heard anything or received a continued email