2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who've interviewed already--what time did your day wrap up?

Members don't see this ad :)
4ish. It was a pretty long day

Reactions: 1 user
I will say, however, that there was one interviewee in my group who had to leave early to catch a flight, and they didn't seem to mind at all.

Anyone know when they finish interviewing? Still on hold, not much hope

The waiting game for a response from Pritzker is killer...silence since September

Reactions: 1 users
Finally axed! Never on hold. Complete mid August.

Members don't see this ad :)
been axed for a month yet i still love pritzker.

Finally rejected, complete in late September (never on hold).

For all of you in the interview today, You were all really friendly and amazing individuals, I hope you all succeed ❤ - Pritzker was beyond amazing.

For all of you in the interview today, You were all really friendly and amazing individuals, I hope you all succeed ❤ - Pritzker was beyond amazing.

so sad i was axed here pre-ii. it truly is an amazing institution.

Anybody send in an update after being continued? Where did you send it?

It means you've been interviewed but they haven't made a decision yet (not accepted, not rejected). They re-review those applicants periodically and then make a decision or continue the applicant again

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone not heard anything since being complete? no hold for me nor rejection...

Just got axed, pre-II. Not really surprised. Good luck to you all still in the running.

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?

Where did you learn there are RSVPs? I'm intending to go, but didn't realize there was an official "sign up" or anything. Care to elaborate?

Edit: Nvm got the RSVP email today.

Last edited:
when is the last round of decisions going to be released? They told me march 1st but do you think they might release them early?

when is the last round of decisions going to be released? They told me march 1st but do you think they might release them early?
they told me march 1st as well. i doubt they'll release them any sooner

I'm still wondering what my chances are given that I interviewed in one of the earliest groups and then got continued twice. Probably going to be another waitlist but we'll see I guess.

I'm still wondering what my chances are given that I interviewed in one of the earliest groups and then got continued twice. Probably going to be another waitlist but we'll see I guess.

I'm in the exact same boat... I figure if they were unsure about me not once, but TWICE, my chances probably aren't so good.. but fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm in the exact same boat... I figure if they were unsure about me not once, but TWICE, my chances probably aren't so good.. but fingers crossed!

Looking at last year's thread, there was a real fear that Pritzker would overenroll - SLW was packed, and there were still 148 applicants holding Pritzker acceptances two days before April 30 (for a class of 88; they did slightly overenroll according to my interviewers, but just by one or two people). I can see Pritzker learning from that experience and being more conservative with acceptances this year, so it's not a problem with the applicants as much as the nature of the admissions process.

If that's the case, there will probably be significantly more waitlist movement this year in comparison to last year. :)

Has any one from the second round of admissions gotten their Pritzker scrub top?

Current student at Pritzker
Received word that the admissions committee has 1 final meeting to accept the last batch of applicants prior to the March 1st deadline
Best of luck to everyone, happy to answer any questions in the meantime
-theboatman

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know if they might release decisions tomorrow?

anyone know if they might release decisions tomorrow?

I can assure you that they might. They also might not though, kind of a catch-22.