2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never been on hold, silence since August. Last lingers of hope are disappearing...

Members don't see this ad.

Ive been on it since July, I'm getting scared....

I'm not sure how your cycle has been but don't be scared. At least we will be hearing whether it is good or bad news pretty soon.

Edit: Rejected, complete mid August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
axed, never on hold, complete mid sept. good luck everyone and congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
On hold since July, sent an update a few days ago, no change and no expectations at this point

Waiting for the ax... never on hold, complete since mid-September

Still in limbo. No rejection, no hold, and I haven't sent an update. Complete mid-August.

hi all! when filling out Pritzker's FAFSA code online, the office of financial aid lists one code which comes up as "The University of Chicago" but when you search Pritzker in FAFSA's database, a different code comes up for the medical school. Does anyone know if both are acceptable/which to use? Thank you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected, on hold since late September :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Axed today - not unexpected. Some, but not a real strong research background. Good luck to the few still in the running.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected Pre-II ; LM 78.6 ; Traditional ; Complete Mid-August

Have there been any II for hold people or only rejections?

Two people on here seemed to get an II after being on hold (one right before Christmas and another right before New Years). The rest have been rejections I believe

interviewed today, i'm in love with this school and its people

Reactions: 3 users

I was on hold for about 2 months, and also received an II before Christmas - LM 70 with tons of ECs and community service so it looks like they're trying to "round out" their class with interesting people after initially pulling in people with high stats

Edit:
Not saying people with high stats aren't interesting, just admitting I have low stats for them, but I have a pretty crazy resume, so I'm guessing that's what they're looking for now

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Wow congrats!! When did you receive the invite? And stats / ever on hold?

Received II early this week. Finally made a SDN account to help out with what I can since it has helped me out so much. -- never placed on hold, just silence.

Is it fair to assume that those of us remaining will probably receive a rejection in the next couple of days? Glad to have made it this far, but sad that it'll probably end real soon :(

Is it fair to assume that those of us remaining will probably receive a rejection in the next couple of days? Glad to have made it this far, but sad that it'll probably end real soon :(
Stay optimistic my friend. I hope the best for you and everyone still running

But where did you find March 1, the website said: "Admissions decisions will be released on three dates: October 17, 2016, December 2016, and February 2017"
That was the date the admissions office gave us when I interviewed last week.

Reactions: 2 users
Finally rejected. Was complete mid-August or so, never on hold. Not sure why it took so long...