2016-2017 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just ACCEPTED from the lower half of the upper third waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first choice school :biglove: Wishing everyone else the best of luck as the waitlist continues to move.
Congrats. Are you IS or OSS.

Members don't see this ad.

In state!

Congrats! I hope I can call myself your classmate soon!

The OOS wait list must be lagging a bit behind the IS wait list. According to @REL, I'm in the upper one-half of the upper one-third.

Just wondering, did you get a call or email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

The OOS wait list must be lagging a bit behind the IS wait list. According to REL, I'm in the upper one-half of the upper one-third.

A call.

The OOS wait list must be lagging a bit behind the IS wait list. According to @REL, I'm in the upper one-half of the upper one-third.

Are there two different wait lists ?- one for IS and another for OOS OR one combined waitlist.
Any one from OOS waitlist received acceptance so far? PLEASE COMMENT.
THX

Are there two different wait lists ?- one for IS and another for OOS OR one combined waitlist.
Any one from OOS waitlist received acceptance so far? PLEASE COMMENT.
THX

I believe there is only one true wait list. However, to keep the 75/25 split between IS/OOS, people from within the same group are taken from the wait list to replace those who give up their acceptance.

I believe there is only one true wait list. However, to keep the 75/25 split between IS/OOS, people from within the same group are taken from the wait list to replace those who give up their acceptance.
This is correct. I was an OOS acceptance from the upper half of the upper 1/3. I'm sure the waitlist is moving similar to the previous years, not to worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. I wish to call myself your classmate soon. Seems like wait list is moving just like REL has said.
Same here. Hoping for that accepted call!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a link to health requirements / immunization records easily available? I'm on the waitlist but I want to make sure that I leave myself enough time to meet the requirements in case I get an offer.

I was on the waitlist and I just withdrew my application! I'm not even sure I had a real chance of attending here, but I'm glad I have an acceptance somewhere else so I hope that if a spot had opened up for me, it goes to someone who needed it to accomplish their dream of being a physician someday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was on the waitlist and I just withdrew my application! I'm not even sure I had a real chance of attending here, but I'm glad I have an acceptance somewhere else so I hope that if a spot had opened up for me, it goes to someone who needed it to accomplish their dream of being a physician someday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Goodluck to you as well. Where you get accepted at?

ACCEEPPPTTTEEDD!!!!!! Originally upper half of middle third and then moved up to bottom half of top third a month or two later.

Reactions: 5 users
I got accepted into NYU, my first choice as this is near my home. I withdrew my application today. Wish u all best of luck.

I miss this SDN link and REL's way of moderating. REL is the most transparent and honest administrator in my view. His and the his office calls about wait list movements kept my spirits high.

I miss you all and the school like UCF.
I am OOS from the bottom half of upper 1/3rd.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL ESPECIALLY REL.
Thx

Reactions: 2 users
For those OOS tracking where the waitlist is at (approximately), I was accepted a little over a week ago :clap: from the bottom half of the top third. Best of luck to the rest of those waiting! I will meet your anonymous faces in a few months

Hi @REL, has the waitlist moved into the upper 1/2 of the middle third yet as predicted? Thank you.

Hi @REL, are there still seats being contested at this time for both IS and OOS? Thank you!

someone is weighing more than one offer....
Thanks REL!
Just to clarify, does that mean those two seats are the only seats left you might potentially have to fill from the waitlists?

Thanks REL!
Just to clarify, does that mean those two seats are the only seats left you might potentially have to fill from the waitlists?
Yes. If they both accept our offer we would have no other seats to fill and we could be done for the year. It is possible that any accepted student could be offered a seat by another program at any time. If that happens, and if that person chooses to go to the other program, we would then replace them from the wait list. We all live day-to-day during this time of year.

As of this morning our last non-Floridian made the decision to stay at UCF so we do not currently have any non-Floridians considering any other options that this time. That could change since an offer can be made to join another program at any time. Also we have only one Florida resident considering another option and that decision is due shortly. If they choose to remain at UCF the Florida list will also stop. Waitlist movement for both groups has been markedly slower this year than any year in the past. We have not yet gotten out of the lower portion of the upper 1/3 for in-state, and have barely gotten into the upper portion of the middle 1/3 in the non-Florida group.

Last edited:
Unfortunately on my primary I thought that my volunteer experiences were all listed but after submitting I realized that they didn't save. Am I essentially doomed if my primary has no volunteering listed? Will there be a way to add these experiences to the secondary? Thank you!

Unfortunately on my primary I thought that my volunteer experiences were all listed but after submitting I realized that they didn't save. Am I essentially doomed if my primary has no volunteering listed? Will there be a way to add these experiences to the secondary? Thank you!

We do have areas on the Supplemental App that you can add these things. I am not sure all programs do. You can probably send an email to each program to let them know of the gaffe and provide them with an attachment for your file. Inexplicably some programs will not accept file additions until you are interviewed.