2016-2017 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. I'm wondering if they call the day off or slowly let people know throughout the month.
I believe (and I could be wrong), they call people the next day to let them know whether they have been accepted or waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They are meeting today and we will get the call tomorrow, Feb 8th.

I hope you're right!
I was under the impression that they'd just meet today. It would be epic to get the call today instead of having to wait even longer...

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you're right!
I was under the impression that they'd just meet today. It would be epic to get the call today instead of having to wait even longer...
I remember them saying multiple times we would hear today. (Feb 8th). Hoping for good news!!! Let us know if anyone gets the call today!

I remember them saying multiple times we would hear today. (Feb 8th). Hoping for good news!!! Let us know if anyone gets the call today!
My phone is casually sitting out on my desk, volume up. Sorry everyone else in my office, this is IMPORTANT.

Okay. Just confirmed.
They met yesterday so they should call today...
*Breathes heavily.*

My phone is casually sitting out on my desk, volume up. Sorry everyone else in my office, this is IMPORTANT.

Okay. Just confirmed.
They met yesterday so they should call today...
*Breathes heavily.*

I'm rooting for you guys! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone from the lower middle third get accepted? Praying for a miracle.

Really wished i could trade my other acceptances for here. Im bummed out

Last edited:
I seriously advise editing your post

She just told me I'm in the middle third...
Very slight chance I guess.

Does anyone know how large the waitlist is at this point? How many people make up the top third?

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't say.
Just said middle third.

I think she could tell I was really disappointed by what she said so she made the conversation really short.
You'll get an email telling your position.

Someone posted they usually pull 80 people off the waitlist- I wonder if that includes people already pulled off and accepted?

You'll get an email telling your position.

When did this come? My emails haven't indicated my position on the waitlist. I had to call to find out which third I am in.

When did this come? My emails haven't indicated my position on the waitlist. I had to call to find out which third I am in.
you'll get it tomorrow. good luck on the waitlist...supposedly there's lots of movement.

you'll get it tomorrow. good luck on the waitlist...supposedly there's lots of movement.

Wow, wrong thread. I haven't even interviewed here yet. Lol. My bad!

@REL
Does the admissions committee offer feedback about post II decisions?

Does anyone know when the next update email should be coming out?

And how many interview groups are left?

Yes, we mention that process when we call you with the committee decision.
@REL Thank you for your reply. Do we receive feedback regarding our overall application with strengths/weakness, etc. via email after the call with the decision?

Last edited:
Just found out I'm in the lower half of the middle third...
It was nice believing I almost had a chance here.

Is it safe to assume that if you were once on the waitlist, that scholarships are essentially off the table?

Or is everyone accepted, considered?

Thanks!

Is it safe to assume that if you were once on the waitlist, that scholarships are essentially off the table?

Or is everyone accepted, considered?

Thanks!

Everyone that is accepted is considered. In the recent past all got some form of scholarship/grant even if minimal. I know that there is scholarship/grant money available for this class, just don't know how the scholarship committee will portion it out. There will likely be lots of offers but don't know how deep the pot is. The money from the offers declined will go back into the pot to be given to others.

@REL can I assume at the end of this week if I don't receive an interview for UCF I will not be receiving one at all?

Reactions: 1 users
@REL can I assume at the end of this week if I don't receive an interview for UCF I will not be receiving one at all?
... I think so ... I just wished we have total disclosure about where at the very bottom of the WL we are! ... then we should be able to start with our plan B as soon as possible, not in August !!! I just find that the weather in Miami is a motivation to study, or an incentive for a job well done!

... I think so ... I just wished we have total disclosure about where at the very bottom of the WL we are! ... then we should be able to start with our plan B as soon as possible, not in August !!! I just find that the weather in Miami is a motivation to study, or an incentive for a job well done!
As you must know we are open to discussion via email for those on the WL.

So our final interview date is in the first week of March, we normally like to give an invitation about 3 weeks in advance. That means we are pretty much here with final list from committee pending. We will send out emails to those who we will not interview by the end of this week or very early next week.

Reactions: 1 users
They run the spectrum from need and merit to diversity of skills and experiences.
Do you have an idea of when the committee will begin giving out scholarships to accepted students?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Really wanted to interview here :( still nothing

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected today, pre-II. I saw this coming, but it's still really painful. Complete Aug 17, and EFI status from September 12. LizzyM 60-64

Rejected today, pre-II. I saw this coming, but it's still really painful. Complete Aug 17, and EFI status from September 12. LizzyM 60-64
What do you mean rejected? Is not it that UCF does not "reject" anybody? I am assuming you were placed @ the bottom 3rd, right?

Rejected pre-II today as well

You received a rejection letter today?
I received an email at ~3 pm today that I would not be receiving an interview from UCF COM, and the title of the email was "Application Decision," so it was a pre-II rejection.

Rejected pre-II, twice (2 e-mails; I must have been especially bad lol). Good luck everyone!

Rejected pre-II, twice (2 e-mails; I must have been especially bad lol). Good luck everyone!
Yes, me too....as if getting rejected once wasn't enough. I thought maybe they changed their mind...lol;)

Reactions: 2 users