2016-2017 University of California - Riverside Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed yesterday and this is the response I got from Julie:
"If you have not heard yet, then you are still on the committee’s waitlist until they decide to send you an offer of admission."

Well looks like another waitlist then.

Thanks for the information

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if they're still offering interviews

Reactions: 2 users
I can't believe it!! After being waitlisted since September, I just got the acceptance email!! :clap::love::love::love::love::soexcited:

Did you submit anything to the admissions office to update your application when you were waiting?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard a while back that they interview until late March. I sure hope they are still handing out IIs :(
I haven't seen too many reports of IIs on here since before the holidays, but that could be because of that LCME meeting one of the current students mentioned recently! Here's hoping we're one of the few last lucky IIs!

Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs? I called in last month and they said that their last interview date is second week in march! UCR please show me love!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The last interview is scheduled for mid-March, but I do not know if they have sent out all II for that date yet. Regarding the waitlist, I know multiple people in my class who were accepted after the deadline where you must commit to one school (I want to say its April 30th but I'm not sure). I was on the waitlist for months before I was accepted so don't give up hope. Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
JUST ACCEPTED!!!!!!! OMG SO GRATEFUL

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent UCR alumni here that still have not received II's?

Just got rejected. Goodbye UCR

Edit: post secondary rejection. Completed 7/10/16. In state. From Bay Area, live in socal. Expressed very clearly that I wanna work in IE.

Rejected. IE all my life. I just don't understand. I was a reapplicant and improved my application in multiple ways. This sure is heartbreaking. I've tried to prove my worth and how badly I've wanted to attend UCR for multiple YEARS. From their programs to their conferences to seeking meetings with admissions. I wish they offered feedback.

Rejected this morning pre-II too. Lived in So Cal my whole life. This one hurts.

Rejected. IE all my life. I just don't understand. I was a reapplicant and improved my application in multiple ways. This sure is heartbreaking. I've tried to prove my worth and how badly I've wanted to attend UCR for multiple YEARS. From their programs to their conferences to seeking meetings with admissions. I wish they offered feedback.
Rejected this morning pre-II too. Lived in So Cal my whole life. This one hurts.
Sorry guys. Could it have been a late application? When were y'all complete?

Rejected pre-II, post secondary. Complete 9/7. Inland Emprie resident my whole life, UCR alumna, applied for Thomas Haider, this one REALLY stings.

Also rejected pre-II this morning :( Was complete late; went to college in IE but wasn't born there.

Sorry guys. Could it have been a late application? When were y'all complete?

No... submitted secondary 8/23 within two weeks of receiving it, complete 9/12. LizzyM ~69, student athlete, URM, tons of volunteering experience, decent amount of shadowing and research experience, and really showed how passionate I am about this region in my app. I have no clue why... no love from UC schools this cycle :/

No... submitted secondary 8/23 within two weeks of receiving it, complete 9/12. LizzyM ~69, student athlete, URM, tons of volunteering experience, decent amount of shadowing and research experience, and really showed how passionate I am about this region in my app. I have no clue why... no love from UC schools this cycle :/

I hear often that if it doesn't make any sense with the information you have, it might be your letters of rec. Also, this process is not fair and it sucks.

Complete 8/16, submitted before my two week deadline, not yet rejected --- do I have a chance for an interview? Are they all given out?

Complete 8/16, submitted before my two week deadline, not yet rejected --- do I have a chance for an interview? Are they all given out?

I was told that as long as we haven not been rejected, we are still under consideration. Although, I am curious to know how long they give out interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs? I called in last month and they said that their last interview date is second week in march! UCR please show me love!!

I called yesterday and they told me they have two interview days left.

Accepted just now!!! Interviewed 2/11

Literal tears of emotions, god is reallll!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
sometime mid July i believe

and no worries, i was waiting for it! hahaha glad they finally got back to me
I'm sorry, friend. Its nice that you have such a great attitude about it though. With other schools who've cut me after successive rounds of cuts, I get SO irritated lol. Its like "why y'all gotta string me along for so LONG if you were just going to cut me in the end?!?!" lol.

That being said, still waiting on my closure from UCR. Poop.

Last edited:
Congrats! I hope I get an interview invite too. I called and they said my app is still under consideration. Tammy also told me that there's one interview date left but I forgot to ask her what date might that be. What's your interview date?

How did you get them to answer the phone? Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an invitation to interview!!

Reactions: 4 users