2016-2017 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody have suggestions on where to take physics with lab in the summer?
I know I can take courses near my home but I'm wondering if there are any schools over in LA where I can take them so that I can move over early
Did you get accepted? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Monday! Another week to look forward to! Please be this Wednesday night

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody have suggestions on where to take physics with lab in the summer?
I know I can take courses near my home but I'm wondering if there are any schools over in LA where I can take them so that I can move over early

UCLA Summer Sessions have all general physics classes offered, they would be labeled as "Physics 6A, 6B, 6C" - if you read out to admissions they'll definitely be able to help you. Signing up either begins Around now or near the end of UCLA's winter quarter, I don't 100% remember.

Reactions: 1 user
UCLA Summer Sessions have all general physics classes offered, they would be labeled as "Physics 6A, 6B, 6C" - if you read out to admissions they'll definitely be able to help you. Signing up either begins Around now or near the end of UCLA's winter quarter, I don't 100% remember.
Thanks!

Wow I'm getting really hyped up for the wave this week
I know it's small and I shouldn't expect too much but for some reason, I'm really hopeful for it

I know it's small and I shouldn't expect too much but for some reason, I'm really hopeful for it

Same, I hope some of us make it

Reactions: 7 users

this is just speculation right?

this is just speculation right?
Yeah but I think it's very likely to be tonight based on last year's thread and the fact that second look weekend is coming up

december interviewer here. show me some love pls

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else experiencing severe anxiety waiting :dead:

Members don't see this ad :)
Going to sleep with my phone on
I know I'm gonna wake up in the middle of the night haha

On the east coast here so it's going to be 3 AM when decisions come out

Reactions: 1 users
I'm mountain time so I only have to wait til 1. I work until midnight tonight so the timing actually won't be horrible! (sorry to rub it in east coasters hehe)

Sending happy thoughts and good vibes to all! Trying not to be too distracted at work right now, but its pretty difficult. Although eating a bunch of food helps :)

September interviewer... #hope #theforceiswithme #iamonewiththeforce

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, I really hope it happens for me and others. UCLA was everything I wanted in a medical school, I really can't imagine going anywhere else.

Honestly, I really hope it happens for me and others. UCLA was everything I wanted in a medical school, I really can't imagine going anywhere else.
Right there with ya. I get emotional just thinking about the opportunity to go here.

Right there with ya. I get emotional just thinking about the opportunity to go here.
Today my 2 year old son says to me, "mama wants to be a doctor, going to drive in her car and go to UCLA." If only it were that simple, child!

I'm right with you guys. I can't imagine going anywhere else. It would be a dream come true. I hope we all get good news, whether tonight or in May. Best of luck to you all!

I'm right with you guys. I can't imagine going anywhere else. It would be a dream come true. I hope we all get good news, whether tonight or in May. Best of luck to you all!

Or even in June! There's a chunk of students each year with acceptances in June! :)

Oh my gosh I can't believe I'm saying this. Just got the letter at exactly 12:05 CA time. I am absolutely dumbfounded. Shaking right now

Reactions: 14 users
ACCEPTED TO DREAM SCHOOL!! Crying, shaking, screaming, in shock and disbelief :bigtears:
Interviewed mid December

Reactions: 8 users
Wooooo accepted!! Anyone know if the geffen scholarship is awarded before or after acceptance? Still holding out hope but would be ok if it means I don't have to keep waiting and wonderinf

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Wooooo accepted!! Anyone know if the geffen scholarship is awarded before or after acceptance? Still holding out hope but would be ok if it means I don't have to keep waiting and wonderinf

Me too!!!! I am still shaking and incredulous.

I think I read somewhere that we are going to still be considered for scholarships. Does anyone know what they want for the letter of acceptance we need to send them?

When did you interview? And it would've already been disclosed to you in your acceptance letter.

ACCEPTED! Interviewed 2/13, in state! I'm about to cry

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED OMG. And Yes, I am also confused about Geffen scholarship :/ It seems like they're implying they were putting it off? Did anyone who was accepted get the Geffen scholarship?

Can anyone find the SLR/SIR on my.ucla? I can't seem to navigate the page. Is there an accepted students Facebook page?

Nothing....
I actually had my hopes really high this week
I would have loved to come to UCLA

Aw man ucla second look overlaps with vandy's... what to do.....