2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing yet. Every day i wake up thinking "Today is the day!"
Lately I have been getting some random phone calls and I am greatly disappointed when I know it is not from UC Davis. For example, I was at work today and I had a missed call from an unknown phone numbers. I called them back and it was all pure scam. Ugh. My heart breaks a little every time this happens!
Same

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still praying for us all! I have gotten the scam calls as well.. :( Has anyone tried calling and seeing if the class is full? I call like everyday during my lunch break but no one, absolutely no one or any number, answers the phone. I don't want to lose hope but deep down I know I should. :shy:

I know how all of you still on the waitlist are feeling. It's a rough place to be, but don't lose hope.
I'm still praying for us all! I have gotten the scam calls as well.. :( Has anyone tried calling and seeing if the class is full? I call like everyday during my lunch break but no one, absolutely no one or any number, answers the phone. I don't want to lose hope but deep down I know I should. :shy:
DON'T LOSE HOPE! I know it's not ideal, but it's not over until you get an official rejection. Of course you should hope for the best, but plan for the worst. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you. :xf::)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know how all of you still on the waitlist are feeling. It's a rough place to be, but don't lose hope.

DON'T LOSE HOPE! I know it's not ideal, but it's not over until you get an official rejection. Of course you should hope for the best, but plan for the worst. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you. :xf::)
@abtl31 Thank you for the kind words. :) I'm just praying for the best but expecting the worst and moving on with my plans at this point. Do you know if the class is full?

@abtl31 Thank you for the kind words. :) I'm just praying for the best but expecting the worst and moving on with my plans at this point. Do you know if the class is full?
I have no idea. I'm not sure how I'd go about finding this information either, but if I find out I'll let you know. I think it's wise to go ahead with plan B, but there is still time. I believe the official last day of notification is July 15 (but I hear it can go until the day before class begins), so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Good luck!!!

Hugs for you ShinyPearls! I think that's the way to go, hope for the best, expect the worst. I know what you're going through, waiting to hear back from a couple of schools and having to do my application all over again. I'll be resubmitting my application this weekend just in case.

Hello everyone! I was wondering how many experiences we are required to talk about in UC Davis secondaries? Is it three? Thank you!

Sorry to ask again, but I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Those that have been accepted off of the waitlist--were you given any information on if requests to defer will be considered? Thank you so much!

Hello everyone! I was wondering how many experiences we are required to talk about in UC Davis secondaries? Is it three? Thank you!
Yes, there were three experiences required for the 2016-2017 cycle secondary, and you could use the experiences that you listed on your primary application.
Sorry to ask again, but I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Those that have been accepted off of the waitlist--were you given any information on if requests to defer will be considered? Thank you so much!
There hasn't been any mention of accommodating requests (or not, for that matter) to defer in the communication from the school, and I have not needed to request that information. I know that's not very helpful, and I hope that everything works out for you, one way or another.

There hasn't been any mention of accommodating requests (or not, for that matter) to defer in the communication from the school, and I have not needed to request that information. I know that's not very helpful, and I hope that everything works out for you, one way or another.

Thank you!

You are too kind, thank you @SpanGal. :) I feel that at this point that's the only choice I have. But I wish you all the best this upcoming cycle, I'm sure it'll be a great year for you. I'm rooting for you! :):xf:

QUOTE="ShinyPearls, post: 19005181, member: 831636"]@abtl31 I found out today that the class is currently holding! :arghh: Pretty depressing..[/QUOTE]
:cryi:Thank you for sharing

I have not. At this point, I have moved on.. :(
The first day of class is July 31st so there is still time. Don't lose hope! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all waiting to hear back.

An interesting thing happened to me with this school. I've been on the waitlist since March of this year and last week I received a phone call from the School of Medicine. They said I was under consideration for their post-bacc program. I had no idea I was even in the running. For those of you hanging onto the waitlist, give the post-bacc a try. It has an incredible 82% acceptance rate (into a US medical school) for students who complete the program.

One spot is about to open, there might be a tiny bit of WL movement