2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
11/18 also I got into a track program so maybe that's why it's earlier than the day they said! Hold tight your acceptance is coming :)
Awww that's awesome! Congratulations again, I'm sure it's well deserved. Thank you for your kind words :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got the call after being on the waitlist since early February. ...shaking... Hope more calls are coming your way in the coming days. Watch your phones. I almost missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
11/18 also I got into a track program so maybe that's why it's earlier than the day they said! Hold tight your acceptance is coming :)
Congratulations, that's awesome. Which track program, if you don't mind my asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received notification of scholarship? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that the financial aid office didn't send out the packages before the April 1st selection deadline. It would've been helpful to have been able to compare - by that I guess I mean it would've been nice to have been offered a scholarship (or know if I would or would not be getting one) so I could really make a practical decision. At this point I'm assuming I am not receiving one. Although I thought I read somewhere that 95% of Davis Som's students receive scholarships/ grants.

Think I will be withdrawing as well. Best of luck to everyone! Davis is really an amazing place to be.

Scholarship calls were made the past week and emails were sent on Friday. Nothing has updated otherwise.

In the portal under sent messages, are you able to view the message you sent? Whenever I click on mine it shows up blank

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations to those accepted off the waitlist!! Is there any mention of deferment, specifically if requests after a waitlist acceptance will be considered?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys mind if I ask whom you addressed your letter of intent/interest to?

Also, did you send your letter to [email protected] or did you send it through the message portal?

Congrats! :) Do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Or if you were already accepted to a track program?
I interviewed way back in 2016... Don't even remember when haha. Didn't get accepted to a track program.

omfg. dean sousa just called and left a voicemail. im still at work so i have to wait a little before calling back. maybe he just wants to ask for student thoughts on recent healthcare changes? WL since november.

Reactions: 1 users
omfg. dean sousa just called and left a voicemail. im still at work so i have to wait a little before calling back. maybe he just wants to ask for student thoughts on recent healthcare changes? WL since november.
Omg! Fingers crossed for you!

My friend made it off the waitlist today! I'll be matriculating here as well, can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Same thing happened to me...and I just got accepted off the waitlist! I cannot believe it! This is a dream come true, and I will be matriculating :happy:

Reactions: 4 users
Same thing happened to me...and I just got accepted off the waitlist! I cannot believe it! This is a dream come true, and I will be matriculating :happy:
Ahhh! I'm so happy for you!!

Update: I got off the waitlist! Very excited not to have to move out of state :DDDD. Also, did he say anything about sending us emails or financial aid packages? My mind went blank the moment he said youre in :p

With respect to previous years, do you know if UCD accepted the majority of its waitlisted students at the beginning of May or were they pretty evenly distributed from early May to late July?

Update: I got off the waitlist! Very excited not to have to move out of state :DDDD. Also, did he say anything about sending us emails or financial aid packages? My mind went blank the moment he said youre in :p
Congratulations! I don't remember Dean Sousa saying anything about financial aid (although it is very possible that I blanked out as well), but he told me to expect an official acceptance e-mail sometime after the weekend on Monday or Tuesday.

With respect to previous years, do you know if UCD accepted the majority of its waitlisted students at the beginning of May or were they pretty evenly distributed from early May to late July?
I would like to know this as well

I would like to know this as well
My friend who is a current MS2 got off the waitlist two weeks before class started! So you never know!! By the beginning of June usually movement has slowed heavily since the waitlist cascade effect finally slows down. Also consider that an open spot later in the summer is more likely to be passed around since people are knee deep in their plans already. This year it seems like there's a lot of movement already and many of the WLers seem eager to go to Davis, so it could be a good or bad thing. KEEP UP HOPE!!! Hope to see you this summer!! :)

My friend who is a current MS2 got off the waitlist two weeks before class started! So you never know!! By the beginning of June usually movement has slowed heavily since the waitlist cascade effect finally slows down. Also consider that an open spot later in the summer is more likely to be passed around since people are knee deep in their plans already. This year it seems like there's a lot of movement already and many of the WLers seem eager to go to Davis, so it could be a good or bad thing. KEEP UP HOPE!!! Hope to see you this summer!! :)
Thank you so much for your kind response, @Foodology! That gives me hope - I don't want to move out of state as well! You know, I didn't even think about late summer and people committing to one school and their plans already. Regardless, I'm praying for the best! Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Do you guys mind if I ask whom you addressed your letter of intent/interest to?

Also, did you send your letter to [email protected] or did you send it through the message portal?
In the interest of full disclosure, I agonized over whether or not I should send an LOI for months, decided not to, and lucked out before I changed my mind. That being said, I do not think it would hurt.

After being waitlisted in February, I sent two updates, one in March and one in April, through the Message Center in the applicant portal. Had I decided to send an LOI, I would have sent a combined LOI and update through the portal as well. Best of luck!

Well it's official, I've been accepted to UC Davis School of Medicine Rural-PRIME. I still can't believe it. :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Well it's official, I've been accepted to UC Davis School of Medicine Rural-PRIME. I still can't believe it. :soexcited:
Congrats @abtl31! :):clap: That is amazing! I am still keeping up the hope! Did you just find out, or were you already accepted to UCD?

Congrats @abtl31! :):clap: That is amazing! I am still keeping up the hope! Did you just find out, or were you already accepted to UCD?
Thank you!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to hear some great news soon. Yes, I just heard after being waitlisted in early December. I interviewed in March for Rural-PRIME and sent an LOI stating the many reasons I LOVE UC Davis and update them on recent activities. There is still time so don't lose faith!

Just got accepted off the WL! Will be declining, I hope it goes to one of you guys! This is a great school, I would totally go if I didn't have strong ties to southern CA :angelic:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted off the WL! Will be declining, I hope it goes to one of you guys! This is a great school, I would totally go if I didn't have strong ties to southern CA :angelic:
Congrats @Pusheen!! :):clap:But omg you found out on a Saturday!? I'm still anxiously waiting here..

When is the last day of awarding a spot in the class from the waitlist?

On MSAR it says June 1st, but I thought it was until class starts which is around July 14th-ish?
Just trying to organize my living situation for a medical school OOS of California. I keep holding out hope for UC Davis #1 choice, but my school in Atlanta starts on July 3rdish.

Send in a LOI! School starts for us on Aug with the white coat on July 28! so you can probably even here a week before then. Let them know you dont want to go to atlanta! LOL

Ooo wow. August is such a better time to start!

I sent in an LOI in April 4th. Just yesterday submitted and "update" letter telling them again they are my number 1 for 2 main reasons blah blah. Hopefully it works but I think my stats aren't that great. LizzyM score is 60% for this school.

Mine are lower ;) so they def don't care about that! Keep working and have fate! hope it works out!

Ooo wow. August is such a better time to start!

I sent in an LOI in April 4th. Just yesterday submitted and "update" letter telling them again they are my number 1 for 2 main reasons blah blah. Hopefully it works but I think my stats aren't that great. LizzyM score is 60% for this school.
I sent a LOI as well, nothing yet on my end.. :( How were you able to calculate your lizzym score just for UCD? I think my stats are pretty low for Davis as well, unfortunately

I sent a LOI as well, nothing yet on my end.. :( How were you able to calculate your LizzyM score just for UCD? I think my stats are pretty low for Davis as well, unfortunately

haha bad wording on my part, its not specific for UCD, just a score lol. I feel like UCD is more lenient with stats when it comes to their special tracks. I applied to urban and rural but wasn't interviewed :(

haha bad wording on my part, its not specific for UCD, just a score lol. I feel like UCD is more lenient with stats when it comes to their special tracks. I applied to urban and rural but wasn't interviewed :(
Lol oh okay, I thought that's what you meant. In that case, we have such similar scores! My LizzyM score is 63.. I honestly feel the same way - they do seem more lenient about scores. I also applied to their track programs (rural and prime) but didn't get an interview :( I am really praying for the waitlist.. :xf:

Mine are lower ;) so they def don't care about that! Keep working and have fate! hope it works out!
I think that UC Davis truly favors holistic review over a largely numbers-driven admissions process. As such, we weren't individually typecasted as people who "can" or "can't" based solely on our scores. Applicants are selected to receive a secondary, interview, and acceptance based on more than their stats.
Lol oh okay, I thought that's what you meant. In that case, we have such similar scores! My LizzyM score is 63.. I honestly feel the same way - they do seem more lenient about scores. I also applied to their track programs (rural and prime) but didn't get an interview :( I am really praying for the waitlist.. :xf:
I wouldn't say that they're necessarily lenient about them but that it seems to me that the numbers are considered in the context of the application as a whole. While this is true at many schools, I think it's especially true at UC Davis. I hope that this is somewhat comforting and that those of you watching this thread for waitlist movement are given the opportunity to join us in the fall!

Has anyone heard anything recently?
Nothing yet. Every day i wake up thinking "Today is the day!"
Lately I have been getting some random phone calls and I am greatly disappointed when I know it is not from UC Davis. For example, I was at work today and I had a missed call from an unknown phone numbers. I called them back and it was all pure scam. Ugh. My heart breaks a little every time this happens!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything recently?

Nothing, I think the class is full and stable. Maybe someone might drop 2 weeks before orientation starts :) but I however am moving on with my current plans. It would be amazing to stay in California though. Good luck!