2016-2017 University of Arizona COM-P Pathway Scholars Program Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
Can you guys who applied post some info on your backgrounds? Looking to apply this next cycle.

Anyone know how the program is set up? Can one work while in it or is it set up like med school?

Thanks!
Tiff

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I had no idea this existed! I actually got the call for acceptance in March and have been dying to know who else was accepted into the program. I am excited to meet everyone at second look!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!

I had no idea this existed! I actually got the call for acceptance in March and have been dying to know who else was accepted into the program. I am excited to meet everyone at second look!
I'm going to miss second look, but I'll be there on the 24th! Congratulations to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, any advice for reapplicants?
Hi icorrale,

Do something to strengthen your application, and practice, practice, practice doing MMI's. Consider retaking the MCAT if you have not already, that's one way to strengthen your application that won't take too long since the application deadline will be here before you know it. If you haven't before, sign up for a campus tour and you can meet a few pathway students and ask these kinds of questions. You'll probably get better responses since we are waist deep (or maybe shoulder deep?) in lectures and studying right now. Good luck to you!

Hi all;
My situation is realy different and I would like an advise from people who are accepted to pathway program previously. I am 40 years old, married with 2 little kids. I have a master degree and a Ph.D. in science and I am originally from a different country and I lived underserved areas from birth to until age 22 so I do have a passion for underserved areas but I dont have a proof to show that since I have 2 little kids of my own to take care of while working full time. I helped many of "mom-friends" with their kids (taking care of them whenever I can) and their homework so they could finish college to have better life (they were mostly from south America). I am currently working as an instructor at ASU. I am planning on taking the mcat without studying because I do not have time. I will take it in August. I took one trial test and I really did teribble. I am not sure if that will be an awful desicion to apply with a not so high MCAT score. I feel like I might be too old/overqualified (in terms of education and age)/ underqualified in terms of who they accept. If you got accepted I imagine you already know the student body and their background. So my question is do you think I have a chance getting into the pathway program. Thank you all in advance for answering my question

Does anyone know when waitlist people typically hear back if at all?