2016 - 2017 University at Buffalo (SUNY) Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering the same thing ..

I'm assuming this means that all the 180 spots have been offered and accepted. A spot won't open up unless a student withdraws their admission.

Members don't see this ad.

Does the email also mean that there's gonna be no more acceptance from the waitlist until June 15th?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does the email also mean that there's gonna be no more acceptance from the waitlist until June 15th?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I don't think that's what the email also means. It just basically says that until June 15th, if a spot opens up, the waitlisted applicant will be informed by e-mail. After June 15th, if a spot opens up, the waitlisted applicant will be informed by a direct phone call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that's what the email also means. It just basically says that until June 15th, if a spot opens up, the waitlisted applicant will be informed by e-mail. After June 15th, if a spot opens up, the waitlisted applicant will be informed by a direct phone call.

I'm glad that UB doesn't play with our hearts until August though. I'm assuming that anyone who doesn't get pulled off the waitlist on June 15th is rejected? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm glad that UB doesn't play with our hearts until August though. I'm assuming that anyone who doesn't get pulled off the waitlist on June 15th is rejected? Correct me if I'm wrong.
The email means after june 15 they will use phone to contact waitlist acceptances until start of orientation

Congratulations to all those accepted! Unfortunately didn't get a chance to interview here, though I did the previous cycle. Be sure to keep the list updated with phone call acceptances :thumbup:.

Last year, only a handful of students got phone calls - don't bank on too much more movement folks!

Just got off the waitlist today! Unsure if I'm going to take it though, as I have an acceptance at Downstate (any insights into which to choose? I live closer to buffalo and like the facilities more, however I've always wanted to live in NYC and potentially would like to do my residency down there)

Just got off the waitlist today! Unsure if I'm going to take it though, as I have an acceptance at Downstate (any insights into which to choose? I live closer to buffalo and like the facilities more, however I've always wanted to live in NYC and potentially would like to do my residency down there)
You can't go wrong with either. Think long term, where you have a support system, and just where YOU, @nydoctorinthemaking, felt "better." You had a certain feeling when you interviewed at these schools, let that feeling guide you.

If you want to do your residency in NYC, I'd say you would probably have an easier time networking if you went to Downstate. I personally don't like New York that much, but I know if I got offered a place in the city I've wanted to live in (Boston), I'd take it. Buffalo is a great city though too!

Reactions: 1 user
To those of you that didn't make it off the WL and aren't attending medical school, I wanted to say I'm proud of you. The medical school application system is broken, and you're just victims of it. It isn't your fault; you're going to be a great doctor.

Look forward to studying with you (in med school) or working alongside you as attendings one day.

Keep your chins up :)

~Dr.S

Reactions: 1 users