This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been invited to UNT for an interview? I had asked during the last interview and they said they would have another? I already interview, but I know that they have only filled up half or a little less than half the class right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been invited to UNT for an interview? I had asked during the last interview and they said they would have another? I already interview, but I know that they have only filled up half or a little less than half the class right now.
I know a lot of people on this forum went to an interview on Feb 3rd! (I think) that was their last interview. They sent out an email saying they were meeting on Feb 21st to review applicants from the interview and would let us know towards the end of next week if we were accepted/rejected/waitlisted!

From what I was told from Recruitment and Admissions Associate, Pam Alphin, is that the Feb. 3rd interview was the last one. However, UNT seems to change the plans as they go so who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I was told from Recruitment and Admissions Associate, Pam Alphin, is that the Feb. 3rd interview was the last one. However, UNT seems to change the plans as they go so who knows.

From what I was told by previous students, they said that this interview (3rd one), was where they got most of their current class from. So I feel like they might accept a lot of people this time around. If they don't then they'll have another, but i'm pretty sure they're trying to avoid that seeing as they're all really busy.

Got accepted into UNTHSC!!!! I'll be clearing up a spot for someone on the waitlist at TWU Houston!!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at UNT!

Do you happen to know how many people are on the waitlist at UNT? I Don't think it's like TWU's which is around 50? I really don't remember much about what they had said about waitlisted applicants. lol

Random question here...sorry to hijack the thread.

I'm a Texas resident and was wondering if it's required that you have a "letter grade" for all prerequisites instead of S (satisfactory). Most schools don't specify if they accept AP credit and instead say all prereqs must be completed with a C or higher grade. Does this mean all prereqs must be taken at a university or community college?

You should call the admissions offices for the schools you are interested in. They will either know the answer, or point you to an an advisor that does!

Do you happen to know how many people are on the waitlist at UNT? I Don't think it's like TWU's which is around 50? I really don't remember much about what they had said about waitlisted applicants. lol

I feel like they mentioned it briefly at the very end of faculty panel question session, but it's all so fuzzy now. What I think I remember them saying was they didn't necessarily have a ranking system on the waitlist, so they wouldn't disclose any positions. The vibe I got from it was that it sounded like a lottery system. It was a long day, though, and I might have totally misunderstood them, so you should call to be certain!

Reactions: 1 user
keeping faith..keeping faith..keeping faith:xf:

Reactions: 3 users
JUST GOT THE ADMISSION OFFER EMAIL FROM UTEP MINUTES AGO !!!:horns:
I'm so happy, thank God.

Reactions: 9 users
To be honest, I don't remember much either... I have no idea how many are on the waitlist. I feel like I had already checked out before this interview because my other interviews were all in October and November... so, UNT definitely was not my best interview.

JUST GOT THE ADMISSION OFFER EMAIL FROM UTEP MINUTES AGO !!!:horns:
I'm so happy, thank God.

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!! Really happy for you, I know it's been hard to wait in this journey, but you've always been so positive on this forum! I'm super happy for you!

Reactions: 1 users
CONGRATS !!!!!!!!! Really happy for you, I know it's been hard to wait in this journey, but you've always been so positive on this forum! I'm super happy for you!
I know...its been a trying time. Just glad to finally have found a home. Like I told some of the other forum members- Thank you so much for all the support. You and HopefulDPT012 really held me down haha. And thanks to everyone else as well!!

To be honest, I don't remember much either... I have no idea how many are on the waitlist. I feel like I had already checked out before this interview because my other interviews were all in October and November... so, UNT definitely was not my best interview.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I was at UNT I had a "let's get this over with" mentality. I was really wanting to go home. I should've paid more attention, but I really don't think they elaborated much about the waitlist anyways. I'll send an email and ask.

I'm starting a thread for ASU. Join me, ASU classmates! I'd love to get in contact with you all.

I sent an email to UNT and they said that from looking at historical activity they anticipate that 5-10 seats in the class will become available. Historically, approximately 20% of the applicants asked to be on the waitlist are ultimately made an offer of admission into the program. However, they didn't disclose the amount of people that are currently on the waitlist. :/

Quick question! When y'all hit up schools to ask about waitlist status, how do you do it? Like email admissions and straight up ask what's happening? I'm curious about UTHSCSA, UTMB, and UTSW right now but I don't know if I should ask anyone.

Quick question! When y'all hit up schools to ask about waitlist status, how do you do it? Like email admissions and straight up ask what's happening? I'm curious about UTHSCSA, UTMB, and UTSW right now but I don't know if I should ask anyone.
I called UTMB today and asked if their class was full yet, and the answer was, "Oh no, it's not."

Hey guys, just a PSA to please decline schools that you have been accepted to and are no longer considering (like if you got two acceptances). There are people on watilists that would benefit from learning of their acceptance sooner, so they can plan housing, roommates, and such.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! This is my first time posting and I was hoping you all can help me understand what went wrong. I'm really feeling down about the way my admission cycle went. I though I had a strong application however many schools didn't think so. How can I improve?

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.62
Self Reported Pre-req: 3.68
GRE: 155 Q 150 V 3.0 W

Hours: 450 in outpatient, nursing home, sports rehab, acute care. Physical Therapy Tech at hospital at the acute care setting. I only worked for a couple of weeks when I applied though.

Extra Curricular: Habit for Humanity, Psychology Club, Kinesiology Club, Various church involvements.

Recs: 3 PTs, 1 Pre-PT advisor

Applied: TWU, Texas Tech, UTMB, UIW, UTHSCSA, UTEP, ASU, Hardin Simmons, UNT
Rejected: UTMB, UTHSCSA, UNT,

Acceptances: ASU

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting and I was hoping you all can help me understand what went wrong. I'm really feeling down about the way my admission cycle went. I though I had a strong application however many schools didn't think so. How can I improve?

Hours: 450 in outpatient, nursing home, sports rehab, acute care. Physical Therapy Tech at hospital at the acute care setting. I only worked for a couple of weeks when I applied though.

Extra Curricular: Habit for Humanity, Psychology Club, Kinesiology Club, Various church involvements.

Hi! Sorry you're feeling down, especially since I agree it seems your application is strong! Congrats on your ASU acceptance! I've learned more and more over the past few months how important early application was for getting interviews. Did you possibly wait until close to the deadlines to complete your applications? Because it seems that makes a huge difference. Good news is it's an easy fix if you're planning to wait and reapply!

Hey big time congrats on your ASU acceptance! If you're looking to figure out why you didn't get accepted into certain schools, the best thing to do in my opinion is to call the schools and ask to make an appointment with an advisor about your application. It was about this time of year when I did this last year, and almost every school was very helpful. Different schooos look at different things more heavily, so it helps to ask each school individually.

Just got a call this morning from UNT that I was accepted!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got a call this morning from UNT that I was accepted!!!!
That's awesome! Congrats! Are you going to accept or do you feel Texas State will still be your first choice? Again, Congrats!

First and foremost, CONGRATS on making it into ASU...I'll tell you like my parents always told me- they all don't have to like you... only one has to. You should be very proud of yourself for making it in during such a TOUGH and competitive application cycle. At the end of the day when you get an education and graduate it's not going to matter where you went. Aside from that you have great stats and a high GPA, as far as your application goes the only thing I can think of are your extracurriculars, lower end gre writing score, and maybe essays for the general application and essays for the individual schools. Some schools look for different things in certain candidates. For one I know UTEP takes a lot of stock in bringing in applicants from the el Paso area or from areas which are similar to that town. They prefer candidates who show the ability to work with diverse, minority populations and hope to bring in Applicants who they feel will stay in the region or contribute to the cause of helping minority, Hispanic populations. So in the essays you would like to demonstrate this, if not they may not prefer you above other applicants even if you have better stats. UNT has been another school which has significantly improved their standards, many qualified applicants are getting denials which is even mystifying me. It's strange because their profile on PTCAS lists average stats of accepted applicants and the ppl of this site getting declined have better stats so that is probably an effort on their part to get higher rated candidates. A big portion of the physical therapy coursework is writing reports so a school looking at the 3.0 writing may be worried despite your excellent grades. This may also correlate to the other sections of your application where you have to write. Also showing leadership and things like this are huge to some schools, so if you have great stats but then your essays or extracurriculars do not demonstrate leadership then you may be out of luck. Just some of the things I'm thinking may have affected your status with these schools. Overall, you've been accepted so don't linger on why other schools didn't pick you. Plus you still have other schools that did not reject you, so I'm assuming you're on the waitlists and those things are constantly moving. Just keep faith and stay positive knowing if all else fails you're already accepted. Bless:horns:

Awesome! Do you think you will take their offer?
@outofdaloop Eeeek thank you guys!!!!! I've been making a pro/con list between UNT and Texas State... I am from Dallas and UNT is much closer to home (didn't think I wanted to be close to home but am re-thinking that)... and I felt so comfortable at Texas State! Both are such great schools. I'm going to take a day or two to think it over and I'll update y'all when I decide :) This forum has been such an uplifting place for what can be such a daunting process!!! Thanks again for the support guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Remember when we were all so hopeful for UTMB lol

Hi @FuturePT8921, congrats on getting into ASU!! PT school admission is not an easy process and it's a HUGE accomplishment to get into a program!

I think if I were you I would contact the schools and ask them if you could speak with someone regarding your application, just letting them know that you're interested in growing as a person and would like to know what you could have done better. On paper you GPA looks great as well as your GRE, if not that 3.0 in writing that is more on the low end. You also have a good amount of hours and good extracurriculars... if you got denied to utmb, uthscsa, and unt without getting an interview, I'm guessing maybe it might have been something in your essays....those schools also have rolling admissions so the time of your application might have been a factor too...

all of those are guesses, and the only way to know for sure is to contact the schools one by one.