This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear back from UTMB this week? If not then I need to call dibs on one of those slots.
Still waiting here and losing my mind haha. I need this spot y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@Striving4Awesomeness I went to the 09/30 interview, if they haven't changed the format then The UNT interview is a one on two interview. It's you interviewing with one faculty and one current DPT student. Both the faculty and the student ask you questions, "typical PT questions", nothing really to throw you off, just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit. I think it lasts about 20 min if I remember correctly. It's also a blind interview meaning the professor and the student only know your name and that's it, they haven't read your file.

At the beginning there's a presentation of the program, then depending on your group number you either go to the campus tour, the interview, or the student panel (DPT students come in the room and you can ask them questions). At the end all the faculty come in the room and present themselves and you can ask them questions.

@Striving4Awesomeness I went to the 09/30 interview, if they haven't changed the format then The UNT interview is a one on two interview. It's you interviewing with one faculty and one current DPT student. Both the faculty and the student ask you questions, "typical PT questions", nothing really to throw you off, just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit. I think it lasts about 20 min if I remember correctly. It's also a blind interview meaning the professor and the student only know your name and that's it, they haven't read your file.

At the beginning there's a presentation of the program, then depending on your group number you either go to the campus tour, the interview, or the student panel (DPT students come in the room and you can ask them questions). At the end all the faculty come in the room and present themselves and you can ask them questions.

Thanks a bunch! Did you like it there? I'm excited to check it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who interviewed at UNT who can tell me what it's like? I'm not sure what to expect. The other school I'm interviewing at at least told me it's a panel interview, so I can mentally prepare a little. What kind of questions do they ask? Is it a one on one, panel, or group interview? Thanks in advance!
Somewhere earlier in the forum, within the first 3 pages, @beyoutiful_sunshine described how the interview day was set up.

It was a good interview. They knew nothing about you and you had a private interview with a professor and a student. Questions were reasonable, no curve balls. The facilities are nice and modern and Fort Worth seems like a good place to live. There are interprofessional opportunities with the PA students and the medical school is nearby.
@RiceOwl02 are you going to the interview or are you definitely going to TWU?

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate for UTEP. Not great, but not bad. I wish I had a way to know who is going to accept their position. This wait is killing me haha

Reactions: 2 users
It was a good interview. They knew nothing about you and you had a private interview with a professor and a student. Questions were reasonable, no curve balls. The facilities are nice and modern and Fort Worth seems like a good place to live. There are interprofessional opportunities with the PA students and the medical school is nearby.
@RiceOwl02 are you going to the interview or are you definitely going to TWU?
I'm going to go to the interview. I really love the UNT location and since I went to Rice for my undergrad, I want to try a new location instead of doing grad school basically right across the street from where I go to school now. UNT has been my first choice, so I definitely want to go there if I can.

I'm going to go to the interview. I really love the UNT location and since I went to Rice for my undergrad, I want to try a new location instead of doing grad school basically right across the street from where I go to school now. UNT has been my first choice, so I definitely want to go there if I can.

Best of luck.

Thanks a bunch! Did you like it there? I'm excited to check it out.

Yes a liked UNT. The building was nice and modern with tons of light. I also think it's the only PT school I visited where the classrooms had windows so that's always a plus, considering you're going to be there all day. (Sorry I pay attention to weird details ahah) Like @dptwannabee1 said, they are big on interprofessional relationships and you take anatomy with PA students.
Every single faculty member is actively involved in research, however (I asked this during the interview) students don't partner up with faculty in research because of the demands of the program which I think defeats the purpose. Not that there isn't a point in having faculty doing research, but they emphasize this SO much that I was surprised when I asked and they said students don't take part.
Overall I liked UNT and it was number 3 on my list!

Oh and I forgot to say, during the interview every single person in the room wore either a black or a grey suit but me. I think opinions vary, some people can't see themselves interviewing without a suit, others do.. I didn't wear a suit to any interview I went to, just dressed up pants and a nice blouse. So that's just something to consider. If you get intimidated in group situations, then wearing a suit will give you confidence. I know UNT was my first interview and looking around the room, I felt inadequate for a moment. Of course I looked professional, but I think I did that 'comparing myself to others' thing and it wasn't the best. After the interview I felt more confident and realized that it was my PT journey and nobody else's and there was no point in comparison. At the UTMB and Texas State interview I saw other people not wearing suits so that was cool too :)
Anyway, just a random thought, but thought I'd share. Good luck!

I'm also waitlist at UTEP, so that makes 4 waitlists: UTEP, UTMB, Tech, and Chapman
Oh my ...And I thought I was having a hard time with anxiety. Lol hopefully you'll get into your top choice. I just have to think that being on four waitlists (although an agonizing wait) you'll make it! As everyone settles down and makes those final choices, you can find a home.

I'm also waitlist at UTEP, so that makes 4 waitlists: UTEP, UTMB, Tech, and Chapman
Nope! I emailed them and they just said something along the lines of "you're very lucky to make it this far, there were 470+ applicants any you are one of 'several dozen' candidates chosen for alternate status". They also said we could expect to hear from them anytime from now to the start of classes (May 30th) if a spot opens up...so the wait contiinues. Just praying!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope UTMB sends out emails soon.... it is the last school I am waiting to hear from.

I never got to do one of these so I'm gonna do it

First time applicant
cGPA: 3.61
pGPA: 3.62
Last 60: 3.93
Last 90: 3.81
Science: 3.62

GRE: 155V, 154Q, 4AW

Hours: 8000+ in outpatient ortho
40 in another outpatient ortho clinic
25 in sports (sideline football games)
40 in SNF

EC: 140 hours volunteering at a specialized gym for people with neurological issues.

Rec letters: 3 PT, 1 professor

Summa cum laude in Exercise Science

Applied to:
UTMB
UTEP (Didn't have Comm whoops)
UTSW (lol no chance)
UNT
TWU

Interviews:
UTMB (December 9th)

Waitlist:
TWU
UTMB

Acceptances:
lol

I have literally gotten the silent treatment from UTSW! I know I didn't get accepted but I have heard absolutely nothing from them!

I never got to do one of these so I'm gonna do it

First time applicant
cGPA: 3.61
pGPA: 3.62
Last 60: 3.93
Last 90: 3.81
Science: 3.62

GRE: 155V, 154Q, 4AW

Hours: 8000+ in outpatient ortho
40 in another outpatient ortho clinic
25 in sports (sideline football games)
40 in SNF

EC: 140 hours volunteering at a specialized gym for people with neurological issues.

Rec letters: 3 PT, 1 professor

Summa cum laude in Exercise Science

Applied to:
UTMB
UTEP (Didn't have Comm whoops)
UTSW (lol no chance)
UNT
TWU

Interviews:
UTMB (December 9th)

Waitlist:
TWU
UTMB

Acceptances:
lol
Lol paulcreenis I can tell just from your post that you're a funny person in real life. I haven't looked at this forum and laughed a long time, when I saw the "lol no chance" I died laughing. Good luck with everything though

Alternate for UTEP. Not great, but not bad. I wish I had a way to know who is going to accept their position. This wait is killing me haha

Let me know if you got into UTEP. Trying to get everyone together.

I'm guessing by now if we haven't heard back from UTMB post-interview, we didn't make the top 100 waitlist? Has anyone heard anything? (also I received an offer of admission at UTEP today)
What up?! I'm into UTEP as well. Contact info? Trying to get every one together.

What up?! I'm into UTEP as well. Contact info? Trying to get every one together.
Congrats!! I ended up denying my UTEP offer to go to one of the schools closer to my side of Texas. Have fun!!!

Has anyone had any luck looking for scholarships?

Congrats!! I ended up denying my UTEP offer to go to one of the schools closer to my side of Texas. Have fun!!!
Alrighty! Good luck wherever you are!

I'm guessing we're still in the dark for the most part regarding UTMB?

Reactions: 3 users
Still waiting for news from UTMB as well so unless I hear soon I will probably be accepting the UTEP offer!

Still waiting for news from UTMB as well so unless I hear soon I will probably be accepting the UTEP offer!

I lived in El Paso most of my life. UTEP is a beautiful campus and the heat isn't so bad once you get used to it. Good luck whichever way you go

edit: best food hands down

Last edited:
Well, got the formal rejection letter from UTSW, so now, we wait on the 4 waitlists. :meh:

Kinda late but I just checked my email and received an invitation to the Feb 3rd. interview date for UNT yesterday morning at 10:15! God is Goood!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Kinda late but I just checked my email and received an invitation to the Feb 3rd. interview date for UNT yesterday morning at 10:15! God is Goood!!!

It sounds like a lot of us who were waiting in limbo on UNT will be at that interview! See you all there!

Anyone else finally put in their UTEP deposit after all this time and is officially a part of Class 2020?

No but I asked a while ago and was told they were closing the cycle out and that I probably got a rejection. I just got the email a couple days ago.
oh gotcha. I received one a couple days ago saying I was waitlisted, they would be reconsidering my application over the next several days, and let me know their final decision in a few days. So stressful.

Literally about to implode over here lol.

I feel like I keep posting the same question about UTMB but checking this thread to see if anyone has been accepted recently is one of my only ways of knowing if I will remain on the wait list.

Anyone else finally put in their UTEP deposit after all this time and is officially a part of Class 2020?

Yep, fixing to do it tonight. Guess we'll be UTEP Class of 2020 classmates!

I feel like I keep posting the same question about UTMB but checking this thread to see if anyone has been accepted recently is one of my only ways of knowing if I will remain on the wait list.

I keep checking here too to see if they have gotten anyone from the waitlist yet. Well I still have the Feb. 3 UNT interview so I guess I'll see how that one goes.