2016-2017 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a current student and just want to add to this. Some of this negativity on here is pretty wild. I sure hope whoever is saying this stuff isn't just trolling- go get a life. And if they are an actual student - I hope they get some help. Their comments do not reflect the experience that I and 99% of my classmates have here at Texas A&M. Professors not teaching material? Being a disorganized program? I'm sorry, but that is not reflective of A&M. How then do the over 90% of us that pass get by? Sure some people struggle at every school, but to hear someone try to blanket their unique experience as the standard?- that's not only deceitful, but reckless. I stand by the others who say we have really amazing faculty and one of the most helpful student bodies around. I'm not sure what the agenda is of the people speaking negatively or if they are actual students, but don't let that cloud your judgment. Chances are you met some awesome students and faculty on interview day. And well, those are the same people you'll get to enjoy for the next 4 years if you become an Aggie. A&M is an awesome medical school. I would pick this program over and over again because of the caliber, the faculty, and the students.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on December 8 and am OOS; should I expect to get a decision tomorrow as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on December 8 and am OOS; should I expect to get a decision tomorrow as well?
OOS applicants don't go through the Texas Match timeline, but you could hear news any time between now and orientation day. OOS spots are limited to 10% of the class or less. OOS spots might open up if accepted students prefer a new offer.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so nervous too! Best of luck

Good luck to you, too! I stalked your profile and realized that you are like my twin. lol. My whole app was centered around my passion for psychiatry. Also, my sister is an MS1 at UTSW, too.

Good luck to you, too! I stalked your profile and realized that you are like my twin. lol. My whole app was centered around my passion for psychiatry. Also, my sister is an MS1 at UTSW, too.
What!! That is so weird! Imagine if we both got in haha. Time is moving by so slowww... Plus I just realized we even posted the same amount..

good luck to everybody waiting to hear their match result today!

Didn't match either :(. Trying not to give up hope about alternates

Members don't see this ad :)
Matched! Congrats to everyone else and good luck to everyone with the waitlist

I'm too scared to check...if we interviewed in January...are we automatically on the waitlist?

Did they say how many would be put on the waitlist by any chance?
From previous threads, it's assumed that most people who are in-state and didn't get matched are put on the wait-list. So don't lose hope! Also there's a ton of movement off the wait-list as well.

From previous threads, it's assumed that most people who are in-state and didn't get matched are put on the wait-list. So don't lose hope! Also there's a ton of movement off the wait-list as well.

Hope so. :( trying not to lose hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Matched!!!

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2021 yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Rejection email at 10:01 CT. Good luck guys

received a rejection as well. IS applicant with 517 MCAT and 4.0 in post-bacc science work (3.2 overall though).

To any current med students here: Where are good, affordable places to live here that aren't swamped with undergrad students? I've looked at Hawthorne and Regency but both are slightly pricey. Are there any good neighborhoods relatively close to the med school that have a lot of rent houses? Do a lot of students live south of Rock prairie?

Hey I'm not a current student but just saw that your post was unanswered.
I was prematched &since A&M is my top choice, I have been doing research since (online, current students, & my friends who went there).
If you like pm me and ill share some info! :)

Congrats to those accepted! So excited to welcome y'all here. Also PM me and I can link you the FB page

If I didn't get a rejection email should I assume I'm on the waitlist or should I have got an email about that by now?

If I didn't get a rejection email should I assume I'm on the waitlist or should I have got an email about that by now?
From last year's thread, they got wait list emails a couple of days after match. They might come tonight, though.

Reactions: 1 users
From last year's thread, they got wait list emails a couple of days after match. They might come tonight, though.
I checked my email and I got my waitlist email on the 3rd last year. If anyone is waiting, just have patience. There is plenty of time and opportunity.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an email about being on the waitlist. The wait continues....

I think in Texas, everyone gets waitlisted if they don't match. They only email rejections if you didn't get an interview.

I think in Texas, everyone gets waitlisted if they don't match. They only email rejections if you didn't get an interview.
No that's not true. If you look earlier in the thread, there were people who were interviewed that received letters stating they are not going to be put on the alternate list.

I was prematched here and accepted the offer but I was matched into a school I ranked higher. Does this mean I still have that spot at A&M and I have to notify them that I would like to give up my spot? Or do i automatically lose the spot?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was prematched here and accepted the offer but I was matched into a school I ranked higher. Does this mean I still have that spot at A&M and I have to notify them that I would like to give up my spot? Or do i automatically lose the spot?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You've automatically been withdrawn from A&M. You're only (potentially, depending on if the school does post-II rejections or waitlists everyone) waitlisted at any school you ranked higher than your match.

Is anyone planning on sending updates?

You've automatically been withdrawn from A&M. You're only (potentially, depending on if the school does post-II rejections or waitlists everyone) waitlisted at any school you ranked higher than your match.
Alright, thanks for the clarification. Well... I hope one of you get my spot :)

Hey @TexasSurgeon, where did you match?! You've been a regular this whole app cycle and then disappeared- unless you already posted where haha