2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you hear back soon! And yeah I'm perfectly okay with it. I love Jeff and wasn't all that impressed with Temple at my interview day!

April 14th.
man..I haven't heard from either place yet :/ though I'm sure others are in a similar position

Withdrew my app from here last week.

I hope my interview spot goes to one of you beautiful people!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew acceptance earlier this week-
unfortunately Temple you were so much $$$$$$$

Withdrew my acceptance today and hoping the CCL people get some good news soon!! It's been a wild ride I wish you all the best of luck in your decisions and careers.

Reactions: 1 user
(Tearfully) withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to all on the CCL, I hope my spot goes to one of you lovely people :)

Those who interviewed at St Lukes, did you hear back by snail mail as well?

Heard by email before snail mail about a month after interviewing

Thank you! Does anyone who recently interviewed know if they are supposed to let us know the decision before April 30th? I know they're technically supposed to but I know that some schools don't necessarily follow that

Thank you! Does anyone who recently interviewed know if they are supposed to let us know the decision before April 30th? I know they're technically supposed to but I know that some schools don't necessarily follow that
This is not true at all. No school is required to respond to you before April 30th. April 30th is just the last day for a applicant to hold multiple acceptances. That day has no impact on schools just the applicant

This is not true at all. No school is required to respond to you before April 30th. April 30th is just the last day for a applicant to hold multiple acceptances. That day has no impact on schools just the applicant

Ooh okay thanks for clarifying that. Interestingly I was told that by admissions staff at another school but I may have misunderstood.

After April 30th, I would have 5 business days to respond (to an acceptance) if I'm not wrong?

Ooh okay thanks for clarifying that. Interestingly I was told that by admissions staff at another school but I may have misunderstood.

After April 30th, I would have 5 business days to respond (to an acceptance) if I'm not wrong?
Yes that's correct 5 business day. I think the only rule a school has is that they have to accept you before orientation.So from now up until orientation you can be accepted.

Withdrew my acceptance today-- good luck to all of you! :love:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to withdraw my acceptance and deposit. Can anyone help me navigate the TUportal to do so? @rosemilk or @WillianIAm or @mlg109 ? Sorry technology is not my friend and I have given up doing it alone.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to withdraw my acceptance and deposit. Can anyone help me navigate the TUportal to do so? @rosemilk or @WillianIAm or @mlg109 ? Sorry technology is not my friend and I have given up doing it alone.

Maybe you can just give the office a call? Probably the most sure way to do it too.

Maybe you can just give the office a call? Probably the most sure way to do it too.

Yup quick admissions office email is all that needs to be done. You'll get the refund in 1-2 weeks after processing.

Anyone from CCL hear back?

IIRC last year a few people posted acceptances from CCL on Friday before the weekend/traffic day and the Wednesday after traffic day... So maybe today? Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off of CCL today! Right at 5pm.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Would you mind sharing if you sent in interest letters or anything that might have helped?
I sent in a letter of interest with an abstract that I recently submitted (kind of a mini update).

Just got accepted! The email doesn't say to which campus I got accepted though so I am not sure how to find that out. Does anyone know?

Just got accepted! The email doesn't say to which campus I got accepted though so I am not sure how to find that out. Does anyone know?
It's the campus you interviewed at typically. And awesome congrats!

It's the campus you interviewed at typically. And awesome congrats!
Ah, okay. I interviewed in the main campus in Philadelphia. The email did not specify anything about other campuses and I never really heard from any other campuses or anything. Thank you!!

just got off the phone with Kathy from admissions. she said that the committee will probably meet 1 -2 more times this month and that most movement occurred after traffic day. there is still chance for minimal movement, however, and anything can happen from today until orientation day. I did see that some people were removed from the CCL up until june last year. so good luck every body!

just got off the phone with Kathy from admissions. she said that the committee will probably meet 1 -2 more times this month and that most movement occurred after traffic day. there is still chance for minimal movement, however, and anything can happen from today until orientation day. I did see that some people were removed from the CCL up until june last year. so good luck every body!

She said that most of the waitlist movement has occured already?

Yup that what's she told me. She said any more movement would be minimal. I'm not sure how much to believe that only because she did say she wasn't "privy" to any information regarding ranking and how many people were accepted from CCL.

Maybe there will be a decent amount of new CCL offers when they meet since many do decline the offers? Regardless, damn that was unexpected

Waitlist movement is still happening, people! Just got accepted off of the CCL (for Temple and affiliates campus)! Interviewed in February, placed on CCL in March, sent a LOI in early April. Will be accepting! Best wishes for you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist movement is still happening, people! Just got accepted off of the CCL (for Temple and affiliates campus)! Interviewed in February, placed on CCL in March, sent a LOI in early April. Will be accepting! Best wishes for you all!
St luke's ?

St luke's ?

I'm assuming main campus since that's where I interviewed. The acceptance letter stated "This acceptance is for the Temple and affiliates clinical campus."

Hey guys, I am making a school list and am wondering if any current students could comment on the culture of the school/what admissions is looking for? I am very interested in global health and, as an immigrant, diversity is also incredibly important to me. I get the feel that Temple values these both very highly.