2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on Tuesday. So excited and nervous.
Can anyone who interviewed here give me more details about the clinical activity part of the interview. Someone mentioned that there is a 7 min writing portion and then two 5 min simulated interviews with actors. What was the writing portion about? Was the simulation like taking a patient history?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II on Tuesday. So excited and nervous.
Can anyone who interviewed here give me more details about the clinical activity part of the interview. Someone mentioned that there is a 7 min writing portion and then two 5 min simulated interviews with actors. What was the writing portion about? Was the simulation like taking a patient history?
I don't really think anyone can tell you about this without violating some kind of privacy policy. But just know that you will be fine! If you have a brain, and you can talk to other humans, there's no more prep you need to do and you will be fine.

I don't really think anyone can tell you about this without violating some kind of privacy policy. But just know that you will be fine! If you have a brain, and you can talk to other humans, there's no more prep you need to do and you will be fine.
hmmm... that honestly didn't occur to me. Good lookin out and thanks for the encouragement!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Temple sent out any Pre-Interview rejections?

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know exactly what the CCL is? Is it a ranked waitlist or are they reevaluating all of us on April 30th? Just unsure in terms of sending them updates and additional recs.

Does anyone know exactly what the CCL is? Is it a ranked waitlist or are they reevaluating all of us on April 30th? Just unsure in terms of sending them updates and additional recs.

Does temple accept additional letters of rec while on the CCL?

Any February interviewees hear anything yet? I'm ~7 weeks out and recall them saying we'd hear in 4-6 weeks. Can we ask for our status if it's been over 6 weeks?

Any February interviewees hear anything yet? I'm ~7 weeks out and recall them saying we'd hear in 4-6 weeks. Can we ask for our status if it's been over 6 weeks?
Interviewed early feb and just got waitlisted this week

Does temple accept additional letters of rec while on the CCL?

In my CCL letter they said you could send any letters or updates to the admissions email. I'm guessing people have done that in the past and I just had someone submit one for me.

Im beginning to prewrite secondaries, is it OK to write "Temple" when referring to the school, or did everyone write "the Lewis Katz School of Medicine" ??

Im beginning to prewrite secondaries, is it OK to write "Temple" when referring to the school, or did everyone write "the Lewis Katz School of Medicine" ??
I wrote the full name out then abbreviated as LKSOM

Reactions: 1 users
II just now,

Considering declining but I'm gonna think about it over the weekend. How was the interview day? Is campus nice?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now,

Considering declining but I'm gonna think about it over the weekend. How was the interview day? Is campus nice?

Whoah that's awesome! Didn't know temple still gave out II, do you by any chance know what dates are available? Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Whoah that's awesome! Didn't know temple still gave out II, do you by any chance know what dates are available? Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

omg praying for an interview here still...

Reactions: 7 users
did any receive an invite not for their first choice campus? I got an interview invite today for St. Luke's, and the email said it was because it's my first choice but then I checked my secondary and I had put the Philadelphia campus as my first choice

Not complaining ofc haha, just confused!

did any receive an invite not for their first choice campus? I got an interview invite today for St. Luke's, and the email said it was because it's my first choice but then I checked my secondary and I had put the Philadelphia campus as my first choice

Not complaining ofc haha, just confused!
Same thing happened to me!

Just got accepted, my first one! I'm gonna be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 18 users
Does anyone know when Second Look is? Or did it already happen?

Does anyone know when Second Look is? Or did it already happen?

It happened on 3/31/17. If you have any questions you can always call the admissions office and maybe set up a day you can shadow a med student

Rejected today. Good luck everyone!

Got accepted yesterday! Interviewed 2/1

Reactions: 6 users
Financial aid info is up on the TU Portal!

My final rejection guys. It was great knowing you all. Congrats to those who were accepted!

Final Rejection. This cycle has been a trip

Convinced Temple lost my application or something after all these pre-II rejections have gone out yet I still haven't heard anything.

Convinced Temple lost my application or something after all these pre-II rejections have gone out yet I still haven't heard anything.

I'm with you. fwiw it shows that my application was updated on 4/12 so I don't think it's actually lost lol.

Just got mail from temple with my decision. No email. Is this normal? I'm too afraid to open it.