2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all who recently received interview invites!!! Do you mind sharing which interview dates were still available?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students speak to when financial aid packages begin to be released?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students
Honors,Pass/Fail and they rank

Can any current students speak to when financial aid packages begin to be released?
I was told it will be released before traffic day and should expect it to go out in mid April

Anyone have any idea about time frame for second look?

Has anyone gotten a Pre-II rejection?

I am not sure why they have not invited me or rejected me? I need resolution.
Last time my file was "modified" was 3/1...uhmmmm

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten a Pre-II rejection?

I am not sure why they have not invited me or rejected me? I need resolution.
Last time my file was "modified" was 3/1...uhmmmm
hold tight friend, alot of people might withdraw after traffic day which will free up some space for more interviews. (just make plans for a next cycle if it comes to that)

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to these questions but when is traffic day? And will temple give financial aid packages before this infamous traffic day?

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to these questions but when is traffic day? And will temple give financial aid packages before this infamous traffic day?
Traffic day is April 30th and yes Temple does give out packages before then which is great!

For those who were accepted: How long after your interview did you find out? How did they get in touch with you?

For those who were accepted: How long after your interview did you find out? How did they get in touch with you?
I found out about 7 weeks after my interview. I also interviewed in December so idk how the holidays impacted when I heard back. I was notified via email at about 10pm. Idk if they always send the email late but that's when I got mine. Hope this helps :happy:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at st. lukes, but got an email around 4 in the afternoon about 4 and a half weeks after my interview

Accepted today via email. Interviewed 2/7. Non-trad, LM~62. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 16 users
Dang, interviewed 2/1 and heard of nothing yet!!!

Anyone planning on going to second look? Can't wait to meet future classmates! :happy:

Ccl... the letter is a tease and a cruel joke congratulating me on their waitlist position. 5 waitlists now, 3 pending decisions this week. Life h8s me if I get more waitlists from these next 3. That will sting.
Dang, interviewed 2/1 and heard of nothing yet!!!

II this morning! Complete back in July...

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 2/22 and I'm anxious to get some news. We were told that we'd receive some news within a month so I'm already starting to get anxious.

Good luck everyone!

They're taking their time, I interviewed on 1/25, haven't heard anything

Just an FYI. Temple was closed yesterday due to snow. Now I guess they have to reschedule all of the interviews that were supposed to be yesterday, and deal with match on friday. I'm guessing they're pretty busy and word probably won't go out this week for you all :(

Just an FYI. Temple was closed yesterday due to snow. Now I guess they have to reschedule all of the interviews that were supposed to be yesterday, and deal with match on friday. I'm guessing they're pretty busy and word probably won't go out this week for you all :(
Oh wow, that's unfortunate, but thanks for the heads-up

It's pretty clear that they don't stick to their timeline. They told my group 4-6 weeks, and it will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I had another school say at the beginning of the cycle that their screening process is 2-3 months - I got an interview 7 months after secondary submission. It's pretty disrespectful to us to tell us a specific timeline and then completely disregard it, considering we spent so much time and money applying to their school in the first place. Can't wait till this process is over...

Last edited:
It's pretty clear that they don't stick to their timeline. They told my group 4-6 weeks, and it will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I had another school say at the beginning of the cycle that their screening process is 2-3 months - I got an interview 7 months after secondary submission. Its pretty disrespectful to us to tell us a specific timeline and then completely disregard it, considering we spent so much time and money applying to their school in the first place. Can't wait till this process is over...
I agree with this (although I have not had that experience with Temple). I interviewed at one school where they said I would hear back within the month, and it has now been 3 months. The one time I called the office to check on the status of my application, they were rude and told me to just be patient. I don't have a problem with decisions taking 3 months, I just have a problem with telling me one thing and then actually doing another. It means an enormous amount of stress and mental strain for me, when they could just be honest about it in the first place. So frustrating.

II just now, but will be declining! Complete in the mid-summer. Hope it goes out to one of you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 15 users
has anyone gotten their financial aid package?