2016-2017 Stanford University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the acceptance letter come in the mail too or only by email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone brave enough to call and ask if all acceptances have already been made???? lol I just want any news at this point!

Should we at least expect to hear something no later than 3/15? Seems like last year, some people heard of WL all the way in April

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone brave enough to call and ask if all acceptances have already been made???? lol I just want any news at this point!

Should we at least expect to hear something no later than 3/15? Seems like last year, some people heard of WL all the way in April

please someone call Admissions lol!

please someone call Admissions lol!

I called and I was told that offers are still being made. I interviewed late January and he said that I would hear back by next week. It sounds like they've already made a decision on my application. Not looking too positive for me but there's hope!

I called and I was told that offers are still being made. I interviewed late January and he said that I would hear back by next week. It sounds like they've already made a decision on my application. Not looking too positive for me but there's hope!

did you call like yesterday after they met? or recently? cause maybe they still haven't finalized decisions yet or call will still be made either this weekend or next week?

did you call like yesterday after they met? or recently? cause maybe they still haven't finalized decisions yet or call will still be made either this weekend or next week?

I called like 10 minutes ago.

Reactions: 2 users
I called like 10 minutes ago.

thank you! sorry for asking so many question, I am just really invested in this awesome school. yeah it seems like they are still calling people but all decisions have been made. if we get no calls this weekend or next week, then I guess we might be rejected/WL. either way, I'm sure everyone has great options. best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users

Per AAMC traffic rules, by 3/15, Stanford only needs to have accepted at least the number of students in their incoming class (~90 students), which I think they have already done at this point. Every year, they accept close to 180 students though, so it makes sense that decisions may continue to role out in April, especially for the later interviewees. Hoping you all hear back soon!!

Per AAMC traffic rules, by 3/15, Stanford only needs to have accepted at least the number of students in their incoming class (~90 students), which I think they have already done at this point. Every year, they accept close to 180 students though, so it makes sense that decisions may continue to role out in April, especially for the later interviewees. Hoping you all hear back soon!!

i see, that makes sense. correct me if i'm wrong, but the last interview cohort was Feb 1st?

Sorry to hear that. Has anyone who was deferred after an October interview heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything? Phone calls / waitlist...

I think we should hear by the end of the week! Fingers crossed!

Trying to stay hopeful but this waiting game got me like

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I called today because the wait is excruciating and I got an answer that said we should hear "by the end of this week."
Idk if this is a bad sign for me or not but at least the wait will be over soon...

No calls? Waitlists???.. I guess two more days to go?...

Literally praying it is today. Anything... I've waited enough to be prepared for a WL/rejection lol but a phone call would be nice too haha

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone remember what time they started making phones calls previous weeks?

Still waiting... I know it's match day so that may be why nothing is happening yet today?

The fact that no one has been rejected yet makes me feel like if we haven't heard by now... we're the ones in the rejected pool :(

sorry everyone! if you are waitlisted/rejected, they usually go out Sat mornings at 7am PST

sorry everyone! if you are waitlisted/rejected, they usually go out Sat mornings at 7am PST

Historically, Stanford does not issue out any post-II rejections. Some people this cycle actually received their acceptance call on a Saturday, so there is no reason to lose hope!

At this point, no news is good news!

It's finally over... I just got on the waitlist. Interviewed mid-December. :(
I dunno why they took so long...

Yep. over for me too. Mid-Dec interview + waitlisted just now

+1 waitlisted. Interviewed in October, deferred decision in January.

Same, WL. My email said they only offer spots on the WL to those they would want to admit into the class..... from what this thread says tho, it appears everyone gets WL who doesn't get in?

Yes. Although it seems like from last year, one of the students who got waitlisted at the end (3/31 last year) got accepted off the list. If this is the last wave of waitlists, maybe there's hope? But if not, then probably not...

Just got waitlisted too. Finally a decision. Interviewed 1/31 and they told me that day that for the past few years they haven't gone to the waitlist... I don't think I'll be waiting and probably going to withdraw soon.

Thanks for keeping me company guys! Best of luck wherever you end up for med school!

Waitlisted as well after December interview. Stanford definitely takes the cake for worst communication with applicants throughout the cycle (originally we were told we would hear in January).

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I interviewed 1/31 and was expecting a wait list email this morning but did not receive one...

good luck to all those still waiting to hear! SMS was my top choice last yr so i know how it feels but hang in there :)

Hey guys, I sent an update to Stanford just now on a grant I received but they responded saying they currently aren't accepting updates? Has anyone sent updates and been met with the same response?

I sent one in a week ago and they accepted it. Did you mention your interview date?

I sent one in a week ago and they accepted it. Did you mention your interview date?
No I didn't mention the interview date... but I didn't know that was necessary?

No I didn't mention the interview date... but I didn't know that was necessary?

Updates are only accepted post-interview so you need to tell them your date.

ONLY updates. letters of intent or interest aren't accepted, LOL

Wow haha! Did admissions tell you this? I remember they also specifically said not to send thank you's post-interview either. Oh Stanford. Lol.

Last edited:
Wow haha! Did admissions tell you this? I rememeber they also specifically said not to send thank you's post-interview either. Oh Stanford. Lol.

lmao I guess they know people want to go there!

@calimed2017 did you try sending an LOI? Was thinking of doing the same, but was not aware they do not accept them...