2016-2017 Stanford University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all those who were accepted and I'm sorry about those who were waitlisted, but like chemj said, since you interviewed at Stanford, I'm sure you'll have great choices this cycle. :)

For those who were accepted, we don't have to do anything until April 30, right? We can technically hold our acceptance without paying the $100 deposit until then? This is the first school for me that doesn't require a response of some sort within a few weeks, so a bit confused..

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone! for those that were accepted, did you send a letter of update or letter of intent? just curious to see if it made a difference, thank you!

hi everyone! for those that were accepted, did you send a letter of update or letter of intent? just curious to see if it made a difference, thank you!

Howdy! No decision for me yet, but the admissions officers were pretty clear on my interview day that LOIs (intent or interest) have no impact on the admissions outcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy! No decision for me yet, but the admissions officers were pretty clear on my interview day that LOIs (intent or interest) have no impact on the admissions outcome.

Can u still send one if you have updates?

If I interviewed in mid-January when should I hear back?

Does anyone know if Stanford is still interviewing more applicants? I'm just trying to see if their interview season has ended and when decisions might be rolling out... thanks!

If I interviewed in mid-January when should I hear back?
I interviewed early Jan. and they said we would hear back around the end of Feb., so I wouldn't expect to hear back before then. I bet the January interviewees will most likely hear in early March given the trend that decisions come out a little later than we were told. Just a guess. :)

Got a phone call last night :) I'm absolutely over the moon. Interviewed mid/late December. Best of luck, everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got a phone call last night :) I'm absolutely over the moon. Interviewed mid/late December. Best of luck, everyone!!
Had they sent you an email a few weeks ago telling you that you may not hear back until March?

Also interviewed the same time and didn't get a call. Awkward.
Fearful actually

Hope to be over the moon with you too. I hear it's nice up there. ☺️

WL... interviewed second half of december. Not upset, wasn't ready to move to California. Maybe for residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
WL... interviewed second half of december. Not upset, wasn't ready to move to California. Maybe for residency?

Sorry to hear that! Did you get an email today about that? Also interviewed second half of December

Does anyone know the # of people waitlisted at Stanford/ the amount of potential movement off the waitlist?

Are all admissions now on a rolling basis? like when they review your app they will notify you? Is there an incoming class profile available online?

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back yet? Sigh... I should be patient.... just thought I'd ask :)

Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back yet? Sigh... I should be patient.... just thought I'd ask :)

I haven't heard back yet.....I'm not so patient either. :)

Also interviewed the same time and didn't get a call. Awkward.
Fearful actually

Hope to be over the moon with you too. I hear it's nice up there. ☺️

Have you heard anything since? I also interviewed mid/late December and still haven't heard anything either...

Accepted! Really happy!!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! Early Jan. Got phone call this morning.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you heard anything since? I also interviewed mid/late December and still haven't heard anything either...
Nope,
Haven't heard and I emailed. Response was that I will hear back by march 15th. Since people in Jan are getting accepted and wait listed, I'm guessing they're just undecided with us hence no response. Though I would so much rather know now. as there are fewer seats at the end, an acceptance is less likely.

Nope,
Haven't heard and I emailed. Response was that I will hear back by march 15th. Since people in Jan are getting accepted and wait listed, I'm guessing they're just undecided with us hence no response. Though I would so much rather know now. as there are fewer seats at the end, an acceptance is less likely.

Well, it's better than nothing...good luck to you!

Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed in the latter half of December. A bit relieved actually, as I completely bombed the MMI and was expecting an outright rejection.

oof. Sorry to hear about the waitlists! I'm scared it's over for me because I interviewed in early Jan. and looks like they already made the calls. I don't have any acceptances yet... eep!

Reactions: 1 users
oof. Sorry to hear about the waitlists! I'm scared it's over for me because I interviewed in early Jan. and looks like they already made the calls. I don't have any acceptances yet... eep!

Same boat here :(

Hopefully some of these WL turn into offers

Got the call last Friday and received the admission letter via email today. It is happening! Sooo happy!

Reactions: 3 users
fingers crossed for some calls this weekend! ;)

has anyone received a schedule of events for second look? Tried calling several times but no one ever picks up!