2016-2017 Stanford University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any insight ? Are they going in chronological order in one round or will they cycle through again ? :cyclops:

I tried calling admissions, but it always just goes to voicemail

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!!! This is totally stressing me out!

there are three decision dates, right? is it mid/end January, Feb, and March?

So I called a few more times guys. I've tried every extension the system gives me, but everything just goes to voicemail :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone have any insight ? Are they going in chronological order in one round or will they cycle through again ? :cyclops:
Most likely, unless you've gotten an explicit waitlist/other decision, things are still being considered. I know it can be a long wait, but keep in there!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who interviewed on or after december 11th, did you get a call? also when do you remember the adcom saying they will release their decision for these mid-dec people?

Most likely, unless you've gotten an explicit waitlist/other decision, things are still being considered. I know it can be a long wait, but keep in there!

Have they already started waitlisting people?

Mentally preparing myself for a heartbreaking email that will probably come soon :(
Has anyone else heard anything?

Reactions: 4 users
Mentally preparing myself for a heartbreaking email that will probably come soon :(
Radio silence here also. Fairly certain I feel an ulcer forming as the days go by...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Nope... nothing. And I interviewed in October.

maybe you will get that call in the next batch (end of feb)... hope so! it's not over until alllll the spots are filled!

Reactions: 2 users
Hang in there fam!:xf:

Interviewed in October- Received e-mail last night saying that my application was still under review and that they anticipate sending a decision in mid March. Anyone else get this e-mail?

Interviewed in October- Received e-mail last night saying that my application was still under review and that they anticipate sending a decision in mid March. Anyone else get this e-mail?
I did too.

I did too.
I interviewed in October and I haven't received any emails or phone calls. Pretty strange since Mr Herrera told us we should hear back by mid January at the latest, and it would be an acceptance, rejection or waitlist.

What's the email update letters/new LoR should be sent to post-interview?

Has anyone who has interviewed received a rejection or waitlist decision? Wondering if they are just postponing all post interview rejection decision until mid March?

Do they send a confirmation email for an update letter/email?

Hi everyone, for those that have interviewed was there something unique you liked about the school? Pros/cons?

I really like how it focuses on building physician scientists to pioneer new innovative ways to change medicine. I'm just wondering about different perspectives and how this translates into the curriculum, clinicals, research etc

Accepted via email just now!!!!!
Never got a call. Interviewed in October

:soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted via email just now!!!!!
Never got a call. Interviewed in October

:soexcited:

You're bringing hope to all of us who interviewed in October and haven't heard anything yet :')

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, for those that have interviewed was there something unique you liked about the school? Pros/cons?

I really like how it focuses on building physician scientists to pioneer new innovative ways to change medicine. I'm just wondering about different perspectives and how this translates into the curriculum, clinicals, research etc

bump

Does anyone know when second look weekend will be?

has anyone else who interviewed in October not heard back yet (no calls or emails)?

Reactions: 5 users
did anyone have an interview over the weekend? did they shed light on when we might be hearing? thanks!

Also waitlisted. Interviewed early November.

To those who were waitlisted...sorry, I know it's disappointing. Although if you're interviewing at Stanford, you must have other great choices as well. :) When I interviewed, I was amazed at the quality of the applicants, and they seemed to be nice people as well as incredibly accomplished. I can't even imagine how admissions can choose--it's like trying to pick the "best" Nobel prize winner.

Did Stanford call and let you know, or was it an email? Are they open to giving feedback on application improvement?

To those who were waitlisted...sorry, I know it's disappointing. Although if you're interviewing at Stanford, you must have other great choices as well. :) When I interviewed, I was amazed at the quality of the applicants, and they seemed to be nice people as well as incredibly accomplished. I can't even imagine how admissions can choose--it's like trying to pick the "best" Nobel prize winner.

Did Stanford call and let you know, or was it an email? Are they open to giving feedback on application improvement?
Thanks for the encouraging words. It was a generic email with no personal information... since they were such elusive communicators throughout the cycle I doubt they would be responsive to anything like that but worth a shot.