2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have not heard anything from this school since secondary completed in August 2016. I know it's March and interviews are almost over. Anyone from OOS with no word pre-II? i wonder if there are any chances for me at this point...?

Hit up dean Heinrich. They tend to respond well to interest. Time is running out if not already out.

Members don't see this ad.

Hit up dean Heinrich. They tend to respond well to interest. Time is running out if not already out.
You mean that I can write to the dean a letter of intent or update letter with my recent work/activities? Which email address should I use?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know where a letter of intent/update should be sent after being priority waitlisted? Not sure if office of admissions or Dr. Heinrich directly is best

does anyone know where a letter of intent/update should be sent after being priority waitlisted? Not sure if office of admissions or Dr. Heinrich directly is best

I'd go with Heinrich.

Thank you so much. Very helpful!

Btw out of the people planning to go to the second look, what are you guys wearing (I'm a girl lol) and it doesn't have to be as formal as for the interview right?

I emailed the admissions office for some more info regarding the Second Look day and they told me to wear business casual for the event.

I emailed the admissions office for some more info regarding the Second Look day and they told me to wear business casual for the event.

Sooooo dress clothes with ties for guys? Minus the suit jacket

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What is tomorrow's revisit day like? How should I dress? What should i expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if it is worth it to send a LOI if you're on the alternate list, with one acceptance elsewhere? I heard the alternate list doesn't move. This is my #1 school but I'm also WL at my #2 and don't want to send two letters of intent out

Anyone know if it is worth it to send a LOI if you're on the alternate list, with one acceptance elsewhere? I heard the alternate list doesn't move. This is my #1 school but I'm also WL at my #2 and don't want to send two letters of intent out

Unless you're on the priority alternate list it's pretty much an RIP at NJMS.

Reactions: 1 users

I've heard the same thing about regular waitlist being a polite rejection here but under the circumstances it can't hurt to send that LOI. I say go for it what do you have to lose?

are IIs pretty much done?

Not sure but admissions told me there's only two more committee meetings left and one is next week so I would imagine there invites are close to exhausted.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long the revisit day is gonna last?

Can anyone else on here not make the accepted students day tomorrow? I'm really sad I can't make it... I hope there's a second chance for us!

What did you guys who attended think of the accepted students day?

What did you guys who attended think of the accepted students day?

I think they did an exceptionally well job of selling the school and made me significantly more likely to choose this school over my other choices after yesterday

I think they did an exceptionally well job of selling the school and made me significantly more likely to choose this school over my other choices after yesterday
I personally got a mixed impression. It didn't blow me away but it also wasn't bad.
Could you possibly be more specific here or in PM. I couldn't make it yesterday unfortunately :(

Not sure but admissions told me there's only two more committee meetings left and one is next week so I would imagine there invites are close to exhausted.

Was there a committee meeting this past Thursday or would Match Day being the next day interfere with that?

Was there a committee meeting this past Thursday or would Match Day being the next day interfere with that?

She didn't explicitly say but she said the next meeting was next week so I guess so because I remember being confused about if that meant there wasn't one this week.

She didn't explicitly say but she said the next meeting was next week so I guess so because I remember being confused about if that meant there wasn't one this week.

Thanks. I am still waiting to hear back. Did you call admissions to ask this on Thursday? Then it would make sense.

How worried should we be that the class of 2021 fb group already has 171 members? Last year they only matriculated 178. I'm not sure that many in the fb group will be planning to decline the acceptance.

How worried should we be that the class of 2021 fb group already has 171 members? Last year they only matriculated 178...

NJMS gives out like 300 acceptances and most people are holding onto multiple ones right now until April 30th. FB groups IMO are bad indicators since I know like 20 people in the NJMS class of 2021 group who are already MS1. They're not an accurate representation of class size until after April 30th.

Reactions: 1 users
NJMS gives out like 300 acceptances and most people are holding onto multiple ones right now until April 30th. FB groups IMO are bad indicators since I know like 20 people in the NJMS class of 2021 group who are already MS1. They're not an accurate representation of class size until after April 30th.
I am glad to have been wrong about fretting over this.

It's been over 6 weeks after my interview, should I be inquiring about my status or nah?

How worried should we be that the class of 2021 fb group already has 171 members? Last year they only matriculated 178. I'm not sure that many in the fb group will be planning to decline the acceptance.

The alternate lists have rarely any movement here but I have several friends in the group who have acceptances at top 30 schools they will choose instead. Don't stress over the FB group

Was any OOS person here offered IS tuition by Dean Heinrich? I was and I just checked my cost of attendance and it's definitely OOS lol.

Hey does anybody know of a good way to find roommates for on campus housing?

It's been over 6 weeks after my interview, should I be inquiring about my status or nah?

one of my friends who is an MS1 said it took him 8+ weeks to hear back. I would just be patient.

Lol, guess I shouldn't pester them just yet then. The wait is killing me though.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree! I got a MUCH better impression after this day. Moreover, hearing from the faculty members as well as the 4th year students who had just matched was great. I left with the feeling that I'm almost 100% sure I'll go here as opposed to some other options (one of which is top 30).

rejected pre-ii, also lol at the subject title being only the word "Regret"

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on the Priority Alternate List today--interviewed March 13th

Does anyone know how many people are usually on the Priority Alternate List and how many usually get accepted from it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Does this school give out any scholarships other than the Humanism one? When should accepted students expect to hear back for financial aid?

withdrew my acceptance, good luck to you all!