2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually found Loyola and Rush to be similar in many ways. They are different in other ways, but I would say if you like one there is a good chance you will like the other.

BTW I interviewed here yesterday and LOVED it. The mission to help the underserved is real here, not just lip service. The clinical sites are amazing, and the community is so happy and friendly and welcoming. Easily in the running for my top choice.

Totally agree with everything you said. They are very similar, and different at the same time! Hope you get in, sir. Maybe we'll be classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II! Pretty excited. Did not see this one coming :) complete sometime in early September.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II offered today. Dates available are the first two Wednesdays of the following two months. OOS, complete mid-July.
Congrats to everyone above! You all will be absolutely wonderful. I want to echo the sentiment in previous pages of this thread. Rush was genuinely the kindest, most relaxed, and most community-oriented experience I've had. Hoping to hear back today about a final decision! Fingers crossed and incredibly nervous.

Reactions: 1 user
what is the post-interview acceptance rate?

Accepted this morning. My first acceptance, very grateful. I still have several interviews left to attend. Good luck to all

Reactions: 3 users
edited for anonymity

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey what were the stats of those who recently received interviews, if you don't mind sharing?

Hey what were the stats of those who recently received interviews, if you don't mind sharing?
Similar to yours but they checked the box next to Bears instead of Packers

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar to yours but they checked the box next to Bears instead of Packers
That gives me hope. Just like the Pack are finally giving me hope as well. How about those Bears tho......

July can't remember the exact date
Thanks, and were there still a good amount of interview slots left for the rest of the cycle? I completed my secondary early September and would love to interview at Rush!

Anyone else waiting for some news today? I interviewed on 11/16 and they were fairly confident they'd be letting us know today (though not a guarantee).

Thanks, and were there still a good amount of interview slots left for the rest of the cycle? I completed my secondary early September and would love to interview at Rush!

They send out interviews through February.

Rejected today. Pre-II, Lizzy M ~69. Expected it, good luck to everyone else! Rush is a great place!

Rejected today. Pre-II, Lizzy M ~69. Expected it, good luck to everyone else! Rush is a great place!
Sorry to hear that hales1120 :( hopefully you'll have better luck elsewhere!

Would you mind sharing your complete date?

For those of you that interviewed today 12/7, don't forget your pelvic floor muscles!

It is an inside joke for those of us that interviewed today. Basically one of the faculty members stressed multiple times how important they are in sex and defecation that we should all think about tonight.

It is an inside joke for those of us that interviewed today. Basically one of the faculty members stressed multiple times how important they are in sex and defecation that we should all think about tonight.

I'm obviously not in on the joke, but I really appreciate the laid back attitude and candor of the Rush community. You certainly wouldn't expect to hear jokes like that at other interviews :)

Been complete for 5 months now.....

are interview invites still going out?

Literally just got an email from them saying that they're halfway through the interview season but applications are still being considered and II will be extended through February. :)
what does it mean if we don't get this email? lol

Literally just got an email from them saying that they're halfway through the interview season but applications are still being considered and II will be extended through February. :)

+1

Haha I have no idea - I feel like we went through this in October too.
Haha yupp, I vaguely remember that. I think last time they sent a general update, i never got the email either. I'll take that as a clear indication of my status.

+1, and I got the October one. Is the consensus that everyone gets these emails?

For what it's worth, I got the email today but didn't get it the last time it went out in October. Not sure if it means anything...

I got the October email and today's but there was one in November I didn't get. Probably has to do with when you submitted, I wouldn't read into it