2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Rush receptive to ITA emails? Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where we can locate our RU ID? Trying to start the financial aid application and it says it should be included in the acceptance letter, but I don't see it.

Update: You can omit the RU ID portion of the financial aid e-form. I confirmed with the FA office this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they're still sending out II? I was complete early August and have been "under review" since November.
I sifted through last years SDN thread and it looks like the last interview invite recorded on there was January 28th for a February 10th interview. I'm guessing this month will be the last month of interview invites. :nailbiting:
...but the email they sent us earlier in December states that they will extend II's through February so who knows.

Reactions: 1 user
I sifted through last years SDN thread and it looks like the last interview invite recorded on there was January 28th for a February 10th interview. I'm guessing this month will be the last month of interview invites. :nailbiting:
...but the email they sent us earlier in December states that they will extend II's through February so who knows.
:arghh: The pressure

congrats! would you mind sharing your complete date?

Hoping for an II today! Congrats to those who got one :)

congrats! would you mind sharing your complete date?

Complete in august. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more II unless people withdraw.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Rush interview for waitlist spots? The interview date for next Wednesday (1/25) is full, so the only date left is 2/8. Seems like the last of the cycle, and I'm sure their class is pretty much full...

Since they emailed in end of December that they were halfway done I highlight doubt (and hope) that Feb 8th is the last date.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

interviewed last week, and im pretty sure they told us more II's will be sent out. that's all i know

Reactions: 4 users
Any lurkers receive an II yesterday?
I'm a lurker with a II lol. Dont want to be negative but I looked at last years thread and they sent out their last batch of II's around this time.

I'm a lurker with a II lol. Dont want to be negative but I looked at last years thread and they sent out their last batch of II's around this time.
Word. Thanks for the update.

II this afternoon. complete mid-july. whoa!

II this afternoon as well! Complete early August! TOP CHOICE AND FREAKING OUT

Congrats to everyone who got II's yesterday! Really hoping that I can still get one, I would LOVE to go here!

Congrats to everyone who got II's yesterday! Really hoping that I can still get one, I would LOVE to go here!
Ok I ended up declining my II. they asked why and I said bc doc_stranger deserves it.

Second Look is April 7. Looking forward to seeing some of your lovely faces there!

waitlisted. This one stung cause I really thought it was a good fit for me. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like here?

Unreal - Interview Invite!!! Can't believe it! Really late in the year so I lost hope, but have always loved Rush! Complete in July, LzzyM~ 64.

Reactions: 9 users
Waitlisted today. Interviewed 25th of January.

Rush has finished their interview season, according to the Rush representatives at the AAMC virtual med school fair. I haven't received any notice of rejection yet though.

Rush has finished their interview season, according to the Rush representatives at the AAMC virtual med school fair. I haven't received any notice of rejection yet though.

boo

Currently attend Rush. If anyone wants any information on the school or opportunities here, shoot me a message!

Question about cost of tuition...

In this image, it shows tuition for M1 this past academic year was approx. $51k... but the text says "In addition to the rates below, each student pays a continuous enrollment fee of $12,698 per term (Fall/Spring), $8,465 per term (Summer)."

Does that mean you are paying an extra $12k in fees twice per academic year?! Am I reading this wrong? Even if it is only a one time fee each year, it seems like tuition is more like $63k per year (or even worse about $75k per year)?

Someone please tell me I have this wrong, haha.

I was thinking the same thing at first. The continuous enrollment fee is only if you have to retake a semester, so it is not included in the normal 4 year program.

I thought they were done with interviews for the cycle so should everyone who hasn't gotten an interview be expecting a rejection email in the near future?

I thought they were done with interviews for the cycle so should everyone who hasn't gotten an interview be expecting a rejection email in the near future?

The email states that they have recently concluded their interview season so probs.