2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how do I withdraw my acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, does Quinnipiac provide stethoscopes during the white coat ceremony?

Hi everyone! What are you guys considering wearing to Second Look? They said "business casual--" wondering if I should break out my suit.

Suit is definitely too much. Button-down and slacks should be fine.

Also, does Quinnipiac provide stethoscopes during the white coat ceremony?

Yes, they are gifted to you either from private donors or Student Affairs. They're really nice ones, too.

Reactions: 1 user
Any essay-based scholarship updates? I'd be shocked if I won but just wondering if any of you have heard anything since the website said they'll let us know by April 15th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Gotta love their sense of humor: "Dress Code - Officially speaking the dress code is business casual. If you arrive wearing a suit, you will be shamed and sent home immediately (this isn't an interview day). Conversely, t-shirts and ripped shorts is not the way to go either. As burgeoning professionals, I have confidence that you'll find a happy medium to dress appropriately. The temperature is forecasted from 50-60 degrees so a light jacket may be wise."

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if Quinnipiac has a ranked waitlist?

I'm also curious about this. They were kind of vague about the waitlist process during my interview day.

The waitlist email I received did mention that the waitlist was ranked. No other information other than that though.

Withdrew my acceptance today. It's been a pleasure everybody. Sending good luck vibes for those on waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any essay-based scholarship updates? I'd be shocked if I won but just wondering if any of you have heard anything since the website said they'll let us know by April 15th.
I haven't heard anything either. I called though, and they said all types of financial aid awards and scholarships will be released this week. She specifically said the notification will be sent to our Quinnipiac emails (which we had received an email about activating), so just make sure to activate the email account!

Got my financial aid package through the qu e-mail. No mention of the scholarships yet

Going to be withdrawing. Loans, loans, and more loans in my FinAid package and I can't justify the cost over my state schools.

Going to be withdrawing. Loans, loans, and more loans in my FinAid package and I can't justify the cost over my state schools.
How do you withdraw your acceptance? And is it still possible to get the deposit back if we withdraw today?

How do you withdraw your acceptance? And is it still possible to get the deposit back if we withdraw today?

Yes, you get the deposit until April 30th. Also wondering the proper withdrawal process.

I feel as though this school highly overestimated their relatively decent match list's ability to recruit people without having to give financial aid. Withdrawing today; good luck to all of you on the WL!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, you get the deposit until April 30th. Also wondering the proper withdrawal process.

I feel as though this school highly overestimated their relatively decent match list's ability to recruit people without having to give financial aid. Withdrawing today; good luck to all of you on the WL!

I agree. I got way less aid than I was expecting. Unfortunately I can't withdraw as it is my only acceptance (unless by some miracle I get off the WL at my state schools).

I think only my Stafford loan is displaying, but I don't think my Grad Plus loan is displaying at all. Is this the case for anyone else?

I agree. I got way less aid than I was expecting. Unfortunately I can't withdraw as it is my only acceptance (unless by some miracle I get off the WL at my state schools).

Sorry to hear :( I hope you end up getting a spot at your state school!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope my spot goes to one of you! Fingers crossed for everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance as well-- good luck to all of you! :cat:

Withdrew, Good Luck guys, hope one of you get my spot.

Figured I'd throw my "committed" in among all the withdrawals :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everybody!

My msar subscription expired does anyone know if there is any info as to how many people are initially placed on the waitlist? Last year they didn't have any info.
By the way, let's keep those withdraws coming! I've been waiting for this day for a while lol.

My msar subscription expired does anyone know if there is any info as to how many people are initially placed on the waitlist? Last year they didn't have any info.
By the way, let's keep those withdraws coming! I've been waiting for this day for a while lol.

They don't have any info for the updated MSAR either unfortunately, I was wondering the same thing

Any waitlist movement?

I think they're going to send a general waitlist protocol email first sometime this week. I haven't gotten that yet. I'm not sure if you received it yet.

Thank you!
No, not yet....is everybody on the waitlist getting one or only those that they consider could possibly get off the waitlist? Is the waitlist ranked?

I'm pretty sure everyone will get it. I heard that it's ranked from other people but I dont remember hearing about it at the interview or in my original waitlist email.

Is Quinnipiac known for a lot of waitlist movement?
That's what I've been trying to figure out. I saw from a thread two years ago that they had a significant waitlist movement but they were still a pretty new school back then so maybe people were more likely to give up their acceptance and go somewhere else.

Just received the general waitlist email. It is ranked by the way.

Received it as well. I'm wondering when the first batch of acceptances will go out? I would call and ask but I feel like I bother them too much haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Received the email earlier today too. The suspense is killing me...

Just letting you all know I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Just letting you all know I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone waiting!!
Hey! If you don't mind my asking, did you get in off of the waitlist? How were you able to withdraw after May 1st?

Hey! If you don't mind my asking, did you get in off of the waitlist? How were you able to withdraw after May 1st?

I may be wrong, but she probably got off of a waitlist at another school and has decided to attend that school!

I may be wrong, but she probably got off of a waitlist at another school and has decided to attend that school!

oh yeah... that seems obvious haha. Brain not working today.