2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but I ask because I'm on a really tight budget. Like.... Low-income family living in the hood budget. Flying across country within a two week's notice is going to cost me another $800 just for the tickets alone. If a current student tells me that they provide all the same opportunities of the other schools that I've been accepted at, then I can just save money and give the spot to someone else.
Just don't go. I had the same issue and I just wrote them and said I couldn't financially justify another trip out to the east coast. Maybe if they would've snatched you up earlier they would've been able to get you out there and that's kind of on them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you good people ! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed on 2/3 already hear back?

Accepted!! 1/13 interview. My first acceptance, still in shock and in disbelief that im going to be an MD!!! Lets go bobcats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Sorry to be a little off topic, but does anyone know if Netter is accepting of those who want to specialize, despite their mission for more primary care physicians? I saw some commenting before that they mentioned they wanted to do surgery or EM and were still accepted, but what about more "narrow" specialties like neurology or ophthalmology?

One of the M2's thinks about a 1/4th of the 4th years want some sort of surgery. We will know more after we see their match list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also I hate double post but I spaced during my interview. Are final decisions email or snail mail?

Sorry to be a little off topic, but does anyone know if Netter is accepting of those who want to specialize, despite their mission for more primary care physicians? I saw some commenting before that they mentioned they wanted to do surgery or EM and were still accepted, but what about more "narrow" specialties like neurology or ophthalmology?
If you mean in terms of helping you prepare then idk, but I was accepted and I am interested in surgery/ophtho.

Also I hate double post but I spaced during my interview. Are final decisions email or snail mail?
You will get an acceptance email followed by a snail-mail acceptance packet.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

So my nickname is Keesh and I always thought to call myself KeeshMD in the future. Gotta love your username!

FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!! Literally crying rn. Best of luck to everyone!

EDIT: I interviewed 2/10

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!! Literally crying rn. Best of luck to everyone!

Love to hear that! Congrats. Join the FB group Keesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random question for any current MS here: is Second Look Weekend only for students or can parents accompany you if they want to visit the campus?

anyone know when the last interview date is here?

anyone know when the last interview date is here?

I called the Admissions Office last week and they said, "end of March"

I called the Admissions Office last week and they said, "end of March"

So you're saying there's a chance o_O? I thought it was over because someone earlier posted that they called and were told last interview is first week of March.

Accepted today! First acceptance! I am so happy and thankful. I sincerely hope the best for everyone still waiting.

Withdrew from acceptance pool...good luck!

Random question for any current MS here: is Second Look Weekend only for students or can parents accompany you if they want to visit the campus?
There's an option to add a guest when you sign up

While our education is relatively primary care-focused (i.e. we receive an educational foundation in primary care), the faculty and administration here are very supportive of you no matter what specialty you want to go into. Our charter class, which will be matching pretty soon, applied to a pretty broad mix of specialties; I wouldn't say there were any more primary care residency applicants than at other med schools. For example, one fourth year student has matched already in urology (which does early match), and there are people applying to derm, ortho, radiology, and so on.

Anyone know where I can find the quinnipiac match list? Im having trouble finding it

Anyone know where I can find the quinnipiac match list? Im having trouble finding it
This coming Match will be their first.

Edit: however they do already have a student who matched into urology! (separate match)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
100% of students at Quinnipiac match into urology at Brown

Historically*

Reactions: 13 users
Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students
Hey I'm an M1 at Netter, we have true P/F for the first two years, then (I should know but I don't exactly know) some kind of fail, pass, honors, high honors type grades in clinical years

As @lpp06 mentioned, I think the best option is to fly into JFK/LGA and from there take public transportation to NYC (Grand Central Station specifically). From GCS, you can take the Metro North train to New Haven and Uber it from there to the school.
Just a point of clarity-- The metro north train is what you want it goes from NYC (stops in grand central and Harlem 125th st) to New Haven.There is a bus from LGA to the Harlem train stop. There is a very expensive Amtrak train so don't take that one!

Just a point of clarity-- The metro north train is what you want it goes from NYC (stops in grand central and Harlem 125th st) to New Haven.There is a bus from LGA to the Harlem train stop. There is a very expensive Amtrak train so don't take that one!
Yeah this is what I did. For any future interviewees traveling.. flying into JFK and taking the metro north was super easy and a lot cheaper.

Yes parents can accompany you. Just let the admissions office know in advance!

Withdrew my interview invite, it looks like there were four dates left in March. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Withdrew my interview invite, it looks like there were four dates left in March. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Are they mid March or towards the end? This wait is killing me... completed in August and silence. Any fellow companions in the same boat :(?

Reactions: 4 users
Are they mid March or towards the end? This wait is killing me... completed in August and silence. Any fellow companions in the same boat :(?

+1

Towards the end of March

Yes, I'm in the same boat and hoping for an II. BTW, I'm OOS....how about you? They said on an email not to contact them but I'm going to call tomorrow:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Yes, I'm in the same boat and hoping for an II. BTW, I'm OOS....how about you? They said on an email not to contact them but I'm going to call tomorrow:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

I'm OOS too! Are you sure you want to call even though they said not to o_O?

Yes, except complete in July! Still trying to hope!