2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Flying into New Haven is not cheap. There also won't be any non-stops from Florida most likely. If you can afford it, it will be the easiest option.

Your other flight options are NYC and Boston. From there you can either rent a car or take public transportation/train. You can expect an average travel time of 2 hours from airport to New Haven.
As @lpp06 mentioned, I think the best option is to fly into JFK/LGA and from there take public transportation to NYC (Grand Central Station specifically). From GCS, you can take the Metro North train to New Haven and Uber it from there to the school.
thanks for the tips! I will be flying into NYC and taking the train up to CT! so at least I get to hang out in the big apple for a little while I'm up there!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the "inclement weather" email for my interview tomorrow, anyone think they'll have a difficult time making it? I'm hoping it stays as scheduled seeing as it took some maneuvering to take off from work

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got the "inclement weather" email for my interview tomorrow, anyone think they'll have a difficult time making it? I'm hoping it stays as scheduled seeing as it took some maneuvering to take off from work

Take this with a grain of salt since I already interviewed but from what I recall from my interview day, they talked about inclement weather in the context of having other applicants who can't make it reschedule. I think they told me that they sometimes did interviews the day after a normally scheduled interview day for applicants who had flights delayed/cancelled/etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take this with a grain of salt since I already interviewed but from what I recall from my interview day, they talked about inclement weather in the context of having other applicants who can't make it reschedule. I think they told me that they sometimes did interviews the day after a normally scheduled interview day for applicants who had flights delayed/cancelled/etc.

Even with a grain of salt, I'll take it! Thanks for the info :) It's nice to hear they're so accommodating

Same I'm already checked into a hotel in willingham hoping it stays scheduled

Reactions: 1 user
The 27th of February and the 3rd of March. I didn't look much past that, though. I do know that there were a few open dates in March. Is the interview just the 2 interviews both open file?

The 27th of February and the 3rd of March. I didn't look much past that, though. I do know that there were a few open dates in March. Is the interview just the 2 interviews both open file?

Yep, 2 interviews each 45 minutes. The schedule was really well organized, you get a sheet in the morning that tells you who you're interviewing with at which time. Everyone had a 1pm-1:45pm interview, a 15 minute break, and then a second one 2pm-2:45pm. I was super nervous as it was my first traditional interview but it was low stress and really conversational, no curveballs

Edit: yes open file!

Yep, 2 interviews each 45 minutes. The schedule was really well organized, you get a sheet in the morning that tells you who you're interviewing with at which time. Everyone had a 1pm-1:45pm interview, a 15 minute break, and then a second one 2pm-2:45pm. I was super nervous as it was my first traditional interview but it was low stress and really conversational, no curveballs

Edit: yes open file!

Awesome! Thanks for heads up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear about the pre-II rejections today :( have there been any IIs today though?

The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine is now fully accredited!!! :claps:

Reactions: 20 users
At the virtual fair today I was told they are interviewing people through March and they try to give people two weeks in advance for interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
At the virtual fair today I was told they are interviewing people through March and they try to give people two weeks in advance for interviews.
thanks for passing along that info. Also, lol ur signature "utterly painful silence"

Interviews will continue until the end of March; we were told this via email yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
Whoa, II out of the blue this morning. I'll be withdrawing, but I wanted to let you guys know that things are still rolling!

Reactions: 9 users
Had a wonderful interview, accepted on Wednesday!

Reactions: 5 users
On February 6th, and I heard back on the 15th. and thank you!

anyone lazy with the additional essays for the scholarships??

Got an interview invite about 30 minutes ago! Complete end of August

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection pre-II today

Complete early October. cGPA 3.5, sGPA, MCAT 509, 3 years clinical experience, non trad, oos.

Sent a update letter early January

Complete since the first week of September
No rejection no II

I got an interview invite two days ago after being complete in August. Is there a current student at Netter that I could PM? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should attend the interview because I have two medical school acceptances so far.

I got an interview invite two days ago after being complete in August. Is there a current student at Netter that I could PM? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should attend the interview because I have two medical school acceptances so far.
If you have to ask then I'd say you already don't want to go. If you're really interested enough in the school to give it a fair shot then attend it. I'm sure there are hundreds of other applicants who would love to have that spot.

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats on the interview! I'm not a current student, but I can definitely say that they do a great job of selling the school. I spoke to current students in and out of the interview, and they all say the same thing. The facilities are excellent, the professors are all there specifically to teach (instead of being focused on research), and the school genuinely seems to value its student's input. It depends on how much you value those other two schools you're accepted at, of course, but at the end of the day having options never hurt!

I would love to hear from some MS1 and MS2 about why they chose Netter over other schools. I'm fortunate enough to have a few acceptances. Two of the other schools I have been accepted to have second looks that fall on the same dates as the Netter one. Friends have told me that I can ask for an informal visit at the other schools, but I would love to meet my potential classmates at all three.

Congrats on the interview! I'm not a current student, but I can definitely say that they do a great job of selling the school. I spoke to current students in and out of the interview, and they all say the same thing. The facilities are excellent, the professors are all there specifically to teach (instead of being focused on research), and the school genuinely seems to value its student's input. It depends on how much you value those other two schools you're accepted at, of course, but at the end of the day having options never hurt!
That's great to hear! Maybe it'll be a better fit for me, who knows?

If you have to ask then I'd say you already don't want to go. If you're really interested enough in the school to give it a fair shot then attend it. I'm sure there are hundreds of other applicants who would love to have that spot.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but I ask because I'm on a really tight budget. Like.... Low-income family living in the hood budget. Flying across country within a two week's notice is going to cost me another $800 just for the tickets alone. If a current student tells me that they provide all the same opportunities of the other schools that I've been accepted at, then I can just save money and give the spot to someone else.

Hey guys, called the admissions office today, and got some helpful info. The admissions committee meets once a week, either on Tuesday or Thursday, to make decisions, and lets applicants know the following day. The woman I spoke with told me they are holding their meeting this week on Thursday (tomorrow) which means that responses from the committee will likely be sent out Friday morning.

Hey guys, called the admissions office today, and got some helpful info. The admissions committee meets once a week, either on Tuesday or Thursday, to make decisions, and lets applicants know the following day. The woman I spoke with told me they are holding their meeting this week on Thursday (tomorrow) which means that responses from the committee will likely be sent out Friday morning.
Did she happen to mention the dates that they'll be reviewing candidates from?

Did she happen to mention the dates that they'll be reviewing candidates from?

No, but more than likely they'll be reviewing candidates from the Feb 6th interview date. Maybe others from dates close before/after the 6th.

No, but more than likely they'll be reviewing candidates from the Feb 6th interview date. Maybe others from dates close before/after the 6th.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the January 13 interview

Interviewed the 10th; hoping for some good news from here!

Still sitting in the friendzone here with Quinni. Just love me already.

Reactions: 4 users