2016-2017 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Put on hold. This is my 4th post interview hold/waitlist. No acceptances yet. Pretty bummed

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted today!! I interviewed mid-December and called last week to ask about my status because it's been 16 weeks since I interviewed and I haven't heard a peep since. The woman I spoke with said that my file was recently reviewed and that I should hear something within the next week or two. Not sure if there are any fellow December comrades out there (or even pre-December interviewees) but if you're still waiting too, I would assume we should know something soon. STAY STRONG PPL

I was put on post-interview hold about a month ago and interviewed mid December! Best of luck to you, stay strong indeed!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you not hear at all? I interviewed mid December was put on the hold list which essentially is a non-answer haha.

I was put on post-interview hold about a month ago and interviewed mid December! Best of luck to you, stay strong indeed!
Got the hold email this morning. Not sure what to make of it...not the waitlist, but not a decision? My gut says this is a pending June rejection, barring any unforeseen circumstances where 100 people decline an offer.............

Reactions: 1 user
Hold today. They're my first choice too. Anyone know what hold movement has been like in the past?

Does anyone know when we will get our financial aid information for accepted students?

Does anyone know when we will get our financial aid information for accepted students?
I actually called today and the person said they will start working on that next Wednesday. I do know at Second Look that they said within 10 days of Second Look. So I can only assume very soon (possibly next Wednesday).

I cannot find the date for the white coat ceremony anywhere in my acceptance packet..looking through the last few posts, it looks like it'll be 7/11? Hope they send out more info soon:p

I cannot find the date for the white coat ceremony anywhere in my acceptance packet..looking through the last few posts, it looks like it'll be 7/11? Hope they send out more info soon:p

I asked at second look day and they said that it is usually the last Friday in July so maybe 7/28???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

There was a schedule posted on the FB group. The white coat ceremony is 7/28. The M1 who posted it said that it should be at like 4pm and usually ends around 6/7pm?

At second look (April 1), they said within 10 days. I still haven't received any info yet, but I wouldn't expect a lot of fin aid...

Any idea when the acceptance packet arrives after the initial acceptance email.
Just curious lol

Wow. Subject line of "Interview Denied"? A little harsh, Penn State.

Reactions: 5 users
Well... I just got the fifth one! Hahaha

currently counting SIX rejection emails from penn state. thanks guys...I think I get it

Reactions: 7 users
Just got rejected by PSU 9 times! Am I that horrible?

Edited: Number of times axed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Damn... they really don't want me, do they?

The same thing happened to me with another school yesterday, everyone was getting a ton of rejection emails. maybe schools just really like to rub it in?

Number 7 just came in! :rofl:

Edit: Number 8...

Reactions: 5 users
I'm hoping I get to ten. Kinda makes me feel better being rejected by a school that doesn't know how to send out an email haha anyone else?

Reactions: 8 users
I just got my 8th "Interview Denied" email in 10 minutes. This is pretty ridiculous lol

Reactions: 4 users
I'm on 8 and counting lol. I've fortunate enough to have other acceptances but if this was my top-choice this spamming would be quite a slap in the face. Their admissions office need to get their IT under control

Reactions: 2 users
Also rejected 8x....unless I get 10, I assume they want me.

Reactions: 9 users
Best rejection ever! :) x8 for me. I'm sure their Communication department just exploded.

Sidney Kimmel did the same to me yesterday!

Yesterday I was rejected at Thomas Jefferson 5 times

Today I was rejected at Penn State 9 times.

I'm moving up in the world!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Only 6 for me. Must mean they were on the fence about me ;) That makes me feel good.

Rejected 9 times aswell lol

Edit: actually 8 times haha

The email popped up as PSU Interview... on my phone so I got excited!!! Then my heart broke when I opened it and saw the denied:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Although my full financial aid package is not out yet, if you click "Accept/Decline Awards" under Financial Aid in the LionPATH portal, you can see any grants/institutional loans offered to you. Note that this didn't show any federal loans offered to me yet and know that the "View Financial Aid" tab is still empty. Hang tight for the full package!