2016-2017 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's basically a waitlist unail after April 30th. We just have to be patient. I've been on hold since like beginning of Nov and I interviewed in September
That's what I suspected. They should just said waitlist, like other schools do, because this is confusing.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is being on post-interview hold worse than being on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone, who marked that they were interested on their secondary, received the application for the ortho 3=5 program?

Has anyone filled out the housing application yet? Or are you waiting till after Second Look Day so you get a chance to tour the place?

Anyone know if they will make decisions about the accelerated programs before traffic day? Seems unlikely but I was hoping so.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone filled out the housing application yet? Or are you waiting till after Second Look Day so you get a chance to tour the place?
I'm waiting until after Second Look Day to fill out the application..hoping to find my future roommate(s) there this weekend :p

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone, who marked that they were interested on their secondary, received the application for the ortho 3=5 program?

I marked interested for the 3+3 accelerated family med program on my app and someone from the program called me with details on how to apply. It was a few months ago though. I think you can email the program director for an application for 3+5

I know it's a bit early but has anyone received any financial aid letters/notifications?

Does anyone know if PSUCOM completely fills the class and then pulls from the "on hold" file as people decline acceptances? Or does this list continue to be evaluated along with those currently interviewing?

I'm waiting until after Second Look Day to fill out the application..hoping to find my future roommate(s) there this weekend :p

I am on the same boat!! :D Waiting till after second look. Really hoping to meet some cool people at Second Look!

I know it's a bit early but has anyone received any financial aid letters/notifications?
no but I checked with financial aid and they said if we've done the FASFA then we should just keep waiting and there is nothing else to be done at this time :)

Its been over 8 weeks since my interview :(
No update yet. How long did you guys take to get a decision post interview.

Its been over 8 weeks since my interview :(
No update yet. How long did you guys take to get a decision post interview.

I interviewed for MSTP on January 16th. A colleague of mine interviewed exactly one month later and heard back 2 weeks ago. I still haven't heard anything yet. It seems to be up in the air/random. :(

Does anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to incoming students? Or has anyone received one with acceptance?

Does anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to incoming students? Or has anyone received one with acceptance?

I may be wrong but from what I've heard, PSU doesn't really give out merit scholarships with acceptance letters.
However I heard yesterday at second look that financial aid awards for need-based scholarships and loans are supposed to come out within the next 10 days.

That being said, one of my friends who is a current first year said that she got a merit scholarship but she didn't find out until AFTER she accepted and matriculated in the fall. Not sure if this was true for everyone with scholarship though

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what movement for the Hold list has been like in past years?

Any March interviewer with an acceptance yet??

Interviewed early march. They said wait 10-12 weeks. It's only been about 5 weeks now. Be patient my friends!

Interviewed early march. They said wait 10-12 weeks. It's only been about 5 weeks now. Be patient my friends!
I was a bit confused when they said that for my Feb interview. Don't they need to have all results out by April 30?

I was a bit confused when they said that for my Feb interview. Don't they need to have all results out by April 30?
No they only need to have given enough acceptance to fill their matriculating class by April 30th. By this point they have already done that and should be accepting almost double the class size

Reactions: 2 users
Just got Accepted today!!! Interviewed Feb 1st!!
First Acceptance!!

Reactions: 18 users
Accepted today! Interviewed 1/30

Reactions: 14 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted today!! I interviewed mid-December and called last week to ask about my status because it's been 16 weeks since I interviewed and I haven't heard a peep since. The woman I spoke with said that my file was recently reviewed and that I should hear something within the next week or two. Not sure if there are any fellow December comrades out there (or even pre-December interviewees) but if you're still waiting too, I would assume we should know something soon. STAY STRONG PPL

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today! :soexcited:
IS,interviewed first week of FEB.
I think I am going to accept my offer here, Does anyone know how to do that? My acceptance email didn't have any link to accept the offer. Apologies if this was answered in one of the other 32 pages of this thread haha. :beat:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today! :soexcited:
IS,interviewed first week of FEB.
I think I am going to accept my offer here, Does anyone know how to do that? My acceptance email didn't have any link to accept the offer. Apologies if this was answered in one of the other 32 pages of this thread haha. :beat:

Congrats!! You'll get a snail mail packet and then you accept by sending a form back. They'll email you too once they receive the form.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted today!! I interviewed mid-December and called last week to ask about my status because it's been 16 weeks since I interviewed and I haven't heard a peep since. The woman I spoke with said that my file was recently reviewed and that I should hear something within the next week or two. Not sure if there are any fellow December comrades out there (or even pre-December interviewees) but if you're still waiting too, I would assume we should know something soon. STAY STRONG PPL

Did you not hear at all? I interviewed mid December was put on the hold list which essentially is a non-answer haha.