2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get a call?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get a call?

Acceptance call? Because I got a missed call from a 614 number today and freaked out because it might be OSU but then remember I haven't even interviews yet

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance call? Because I go to missed call from 614 and freaked out because it might be OSU but then remember I haven't even interviews yet
It's such a jarring experience dreaming about getting an acceptance to a school. It's so emotionally charged that when you wake up, there's a void and a nagging feeling that the dream might've been true. God damn brain with its crazy tricks and tomfoolery.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are interview invites still going out or?

Reactions: 1 user
Deferred this morning. I will get over it. Best of luck to those who are still interviewing and congratulations to all accepted!

Deferred this morning. I will get over it. Best of luck to those who are still interviewing and congratulations to all accepted!

Was also deferred. Sucks but it's not a waitlist or rejection so at least you weren't written off yet!

Well it looks like acceptances are hard to come by at this point.

I was recently accepted and wondering if any current OSU students can comment on living at home? My parents live about 20-25ish minutes from campus and I was wondering if this was a good option or if I should look for on-campus housing? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Do they reject post-interview? I know the official word is that they do, but there have only been acceptances and deferrals on here.
I know of people that have been straight up rejected post-interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many students are deferred vs straight up rejected.
To be honest I only know of two people and one of them told his interviewer that he was "looking at better schools and would probably go there"

To be honest I only know of two people and one of them told his interviewer that he was "looking at better schools and would probably go there"
Wow... did the interviewer ask him about what other schools he was applying to? I can't believe that someone would just straight up say that without any prompting. I got asked this question in a very strange way at another school. "If you could go to any medical school except insert name of school here which would it be?" I answered honestly, and it probably cost me :p.

Wow... did the interviewer ask him about what other schools he was applying to? I can't believe that someone would just straight up say that without any prompting. I got asked this question in a very strange way at another school. "If you could go to any medical school except insert name of school here which would it be?" I answered honestly, and it probably cost me :p.
He said he was asked why he wanted to go here and he responded "I don't really, this is more of a backup" but yeah this is the only person I've heard of responding like this lol

He said he was asked why he wanted to go here and he responded "I don't really, this is more of a backup" but yeah this is the only person I've heard of responding like this lol
Jeez, I get that he may have felt that way. But to say it out loud in an interview ha ha. Well I am sure he got in somewhere else anyway.

Has anyone received an interview invitation this week or is OSU done sending them out?

Does anyone know the best way to find roommates at OSU? I'm OOS and don't want to live alone!

Sorry, I have a lot of questions, but are we meant to just get a hotel if we're going to the second look weekend?

Withdrew post-acceptance today. Good luck to all those waiting on decisions!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

If any current students can let us know when there are no more II going out that would be great :) Then I can move on with my life lol

Has anyone received an interview invitation this week or is OSU done sending them out?

Rcvd a II this past Monday for Mar 27th, called to reschedule and their last date is Mar 29th (with open spots) for anyone wondering

Rcvd a II this past Monday for Mar 27th, called to reschedule and their last date is Mar 29th (with open spots) for anyone wondering
Congrats! When were you complete? And IS or OOS?

Are decisions coming out tonight?

Really disappointed with OSU. IS applicant, complete 7/27 and have had absolute silence since then.

Reactions: 7 users
How many people typically attend Second Look? Does everyone go? I really want to go, but the end of my semester is kinda crazy.

I got an interview invite on Tuesday. My interview is on next Wednesday. I am OOS but currently live in Ohio.

Reactions: 3 users
How many people typically attend Second Look? Does everyone go? I really want to go, but the end of my semester is kinda crazy.
A fair number of people will go, but it's pretty variable from year to year. It could be anywhere from 50-100 people. But not every single person who is accepted goes. It's nice to attend and feel out the class more/meet possible roommates/enjoy being wined and dined, but it's far from mandatory.

Does anyone know for sure what dates Orientation are? I'm trying to plan out when to leave work, move, etc and don't see any solid dates on the website yet.

I'm trying to figure this out too. Last year orientation started on August 1st, so I'm guessing it's going to be more or less the same again this year. We don't need to be all settled in Columbus any earlier than orientation, do we? That's the first event we need to be present for, yes?

I just got an acceptance text from Dr. Capers!! Best of luck to everyone else hearing back today/tomorrow :)

Has anyone heard back after being deferred? Or is that not really until May?

Has anyone heard back after being deferred? Or is that not really until May?

I haven't heard anything yet, although they said they would review deferred applicants every two weeks. I think there have been a couple posts about people moving off the deferred list, but I'm not sure. After sitting on the list for so long, I'm not too hopeful but you never know I guess.

I haven't heard anything yet, although they said they would review deferred applicants every two weeks. I think there have been a couple posts about people moving off the deferred list, but I'm not sure. After sitting on the list for so long, I'm not too hopeful but you never know I guess.

Yeah not feeling to great about my chances either.

When do they change deferred to either waitlist or rejected?